Typhon Post run cleaning and temperature?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdub34

Reaction score
No pics but I ran a full pack 6s 5000ma 50c through my typhon today. How do you guys get all the grass and muck out of your rigs or do you? Mine had about 1/4 pound of mowed grass under the body upon post run inspection. I turned her over and shook her out after I took the battery out and there’s still a good amount of stubborn grass in there? Also, the Exb bumper saved my arse a couple times today when I hit trees going maybe 25 mph. Not a scratch on her and you could watch the spring action of it at work😊. I was able to check the motor temperature right after I hit lvc? It showed 172 on the end can but felt much hotter to the touch to me fwiw. The ambient temperature here today was around 78 and bright sun if that matters. She ran perfectly today and I’m super pleased with the Exb super basher front bumper. Are those good motor temp considering the weather or should it be running cooler? Btw, the battery was just slightly warm upon removal and the esc was barely warm as well. thanks

Last edited:
Glad to hear about the bumper. I have mine on order for my new kraton.

can’t speak to the 6S line (yet) but for my 3S, I often end up taking out the esc and Motor if I really want to get all the dirt out of there. I think there’s a sticky thread on here somewhere too about “how to clean my RC” the general advice is to wash it down, dry with compressed air, and then oil. But I’m going to try going without water as much as possible going forward — I did find some corrosion, and water also got into the servo and fried that

Just need a fan for sure. 170's F. is over the upper limit IMHO. 160F tops. I like 150F personally. Everyone has their own ideas on this. The Typhon is a closed off body. It is what it is. At least your ESC temp is good. All that grass on the chassis keeps the temps higher. And just running in grass puts heavier loads on all.
I don't run in cut grass if I can help it. But has happened to me. Never again. It is the worst to clean up. Patience picking out all of it. I wouldn't hose it. Still wont get all out anyway. No short cuts here. Just time consuming.👍

thanks, bumper is definitely worth the beans to buy it. I avoid even driving it in wet areas. My typhon hates water. Don’t know how those YouTube dudes coat their rc’s with simple green and hose them off with a garden hose? My typhon isn’t a trailer queen be she prefers good weather, light bashing and preferably racing. thanks
all I run it in is grass or the dirt track. Checked my tires today and surprisingly the Arrma assembly goons glued the heck out of my tires. Guess it wasn’t assembled on Friday afternoon😊

Last edited:
I hose my Kraton off, use the air compressor to get excess water off, then spray it down with pb blaster trying to get all the metal bits then use the air compressor again.

Looks as good as new.

I hose my Kraton off, use the air compressor to get excess water off, then spray it down with pb blaster trying to get all the metal bits then use the air compressor again.

Looks as good as new.
Basically the same here. 90% of the time I just used air though and find it to be enough. If I have mud or something air won’t take off, then I hose it down. I only detail clean when it’s maintenance time or I break something. I never use any cleaners though. But I have bashers, if I had a shelf queen, my answer may be different. Lol

Back