Pro-Line Aluminum Hubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rottster

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
I bit the bullet and got the aluminum hubs. Stupid expensive, yes, but I couldn't make them on a lathe/mill for less. Granted, their plastic hubs should give longer service and seem to be designed to fail... Planned obsolescence so to speak, but they should last for a bit.

IMG_6040.JPG

IMG_6041.JPG

IMG_6042.JPG

Time will tell.

My main concern with aluminum hubs is they might crack the wheel itself. I don't like what PL has done with their hubs. I wonder if you could put a little metal ring around the plastic hubs to keep them from breaking.
I totally agree, but with 6s in the "Fat Rock" Big Rock and 8s capable in the King Kraton, I can barely get 10 minutes of run time in either before wasting a hub. It's always good to have a cheap "fuse" in the system, but If I can't get through a battery pack, there's no point. If the wheels get wasted, I have other options in mind. So far I really do love the traction on my Badlands belted MTX HP's and have had zero issues. I guess I'll see if the wheels can stand my builds. BTW, I even cracked the hubs on my BR with pro-line street fighters!
Looks nice! I think I would have went with the cheaper gpm ones though. Nice fu to proline 😎
I really do dig their tires though, lol. Minimal ballooning, great traction and good wear too.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back