Pro-line wheels with removable hubs..!! Do Not Buy, save your money..!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bolt pattern must be a match at a minumum. Also consider the off-set(s) available.
Vanquish Products makes them for The Crawler guys out there. Alloy hub adapters in 12mm last I heard. Not sure about 17mm ones however.VP... No not cheap. RCAWD also makes them.. Something to look into.

I know I’m in a minority here, but I’m not nuts about 1/8 Prolines in the first place. I’m ok with the MX43’s, but I hate the Trenchers. They weigh a ton and don’t handle as well as most factory setups. I’ve tried PL’s on several rigs and the only ones that remain are the 1/10 stuff (Gladiators are great) on 12mm hexes. And the ones on my 1/5 DBXL, but those may come off as well because the increase in traction contributes to apex rolling and they are heavy as all hell.
The MX38 badlands go perfect on the nero IMO.

GPM makes a proline 8 screw adapter out of “7075” for $25/pair

I guess I got lucky. I've run easily dozens of packs of 4s on both my Badlands and Trenchers on an extended Stampede. Plenty of jumps 10-12 foot range. Ran the same Badlands on my 6s Typhon for about 10-12 packs with a few decent 10 foot jumps before I broke other things (suspension arm, shock standoff). Never cracked a single hub on any of them. 🤷‍♂️

For lighter rigs not running 6s they seem fine to me. I wouldn't trust them on a heavier rig or with 6s though, judging by how many here have cracked them on 6s.

I guess I got lucky. I've run easily dozens of packs of 4s on both my Badlands and Trenchers on an extended Stampede. Plenty of jumps 10-12 foot range. Ran the same Badlands on my 6s Typhon for about 10-12 packs with a few decent 10 foot jumps before I broke other things (suspension arm, shock standoff). Never cracked a single hub on any of them. 🤷‍♂️

For lighter rigs not running 6s they seem fine to me. I wouldn't trust them on a heavier rig or with 6s though, judging by how many here have cracked them on 6s.
Seems more a QC issue than design flaw. There's many happy customers to be found for the Raid wheels. I just don't have a desire to risk it for the money.✌

You seem to have got this thread all wrong.
Not talking about the Hex Axle adapters...... its about the PL Wheels themseves and their removable Hub adapters.
Yes. @slick2500 shared a link to the GPM version of the offending parts above.
I gotta say though, at $55 a set plus the cost of whichever Pork_line wheels I buy!? Nah, no thanks. My Scion xB tires hardly cost that much,LOL.

You seem to have got this thread all wrong.
Not talking about the Hex Axle adapters...... its about the PL Wheels themseves and their removable Hub adapters.
In theory it's a good idea but they failed to execute it properly.

Yeah some RC parts get stupid $$$$. Sometimes More than my scale cars. Need to keep things in perspective. The RC industry will always want you to buy their latest and greatest with the price to match. There is a limit at some point. We need to recognize a stupid money grab when we see it.
And call it for what it is. And the popular RC Brand ProLine has no shame.

A lot of users are also not verifying they have the male hex properly engaged into the female wheel adapter, not going to lie it happened to me once. It’s hidden based on the wheel’s design and as soon as you tighten it will split…

Especially if you have a double nut adapter.

I agree that it's a cool idea, but then wonder, how likely is it that I'll want to run a 3.8 on a 1/10 scale? Or a 2.8 on a 1/8? Not sure I would even want to.
A lot of guys run 2.8s on their truggified Typhons.

Yeah some RC parts get stupid $$$$. Sometimes More than my scale cars. Need to keep things in perspective. The RC industry will always want you to buy their latest and greatest with the price to match. There is a limit at some point. We need to recognize a stupid money grab when we see it.
And call it for what it is. And the popular RC Brand ProLine has no shame.
For sure, no shame. TBH, when I looked at the PL website after a few years out of the hobby, I thought for sure PL is owned by TRX?🤔😔
Nope, HH, which seem to be doing their best TRX imitation these days..
A lot of guys run 2.8s on their truggified Typhons.
I suppose. But a 2.8 wheel doesn't clear the front supension without some hub extensions.. or faulty raid wheels,LOL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back