Pro-line wheels with removable hubs..!! Do Not Buy, save your money..!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of you guys can't torque 2 screws into TPU/PLA without damage let alone 6 or 8!

Don't take anything I say personally, I'm just here to get better at building things for my 4- and 6-year-old kids to play with!

Welcome to the coffee shop😉
Should I be offended or applauding?
BTW, I bashed Arrma and even Redcat Kaiju tires/wheels for multiple winters without a failure. At half the price of Pork-lines🤷‍♂️😉

Oh, no bueno on the Jconcepts 1/6 eh? That stinks..not that I was interested. Way too porky for my use..and pricey..
The Choppers I was referring to are the sct 1/10. Only mentioned because a previous post had mentioned the Gladiator 1/10. I use them on Jconcept hazard wheels. No removable hexes on those.. I think I'll be avoiding the removable hex movement myself. It'll pass, just as all these trends do..
Landmines are the mojave tires! I bought them to run on my truggified typhons. One trip to the BMX spot later and :eek: :eek:
Most of you guys can't torque 2 screws into TPU/PLA without damage let alone 6 or 8!

Don't take anything I say personally, I'm just here to get better at building things for my 4- and 6-year-old kids to play with!
I'm guilty, I've had a high learning curve with not using too much strength. I stripped so many pinion grub screws and have had to pry pinions off of so many motors. I can't believe I haven't actually broke one yet. It's hard being a big gorilla. :ROFLMAO:

Oh, I definitely know how to get torqued! I spent many a years doing that!!😎😮🤪🤣🤣
Landmines are the mojave tires! I bought them to run on my truggified typhons. One trip to the BMX spot later and :eek: :eek:

I'm guilty, I've had a high learning curve with not using too much strength. I stripped so many pinion grub screws and have had to pry pinions off of so many motors. I can't believe I haven't actually broke one yet. It's hard being a big gorilla. :ROFLMAO:
My bad.. I must still be "torqued" from Father's day🤪🤣🤣

Last edited:
This is funny to me because I bought some jconcepts landmines and they have removable hubs too just like proline.

I cracked the hubs on all 4 jconcept tires on the first bash. I also can't even find the hubs on their website. I was mad af!

proline mx43 the best tire ever made. proline needs to make all the smaller tires with that same plastic 😂

6s backflips the best arrma tire ever made.
I noticed that every other company that sells wheels with removable hexes does not sell the hexes separate.

0-offset has significantly less leverage on hubs than 3/4”, much better torsional structure.

1687369505881.gif

0-offset has significantly less leverage on hubs than 3/4”, much better torsional structure.

View attachment 307079
You know what's funny, virtually every TRX rig comes with positive offset wheels..🤷‍♂️
No doubt there's a disadvantage to this.
Now go on their website and try to find them.
Not Jetko, but Small Addictions has them. They're rare by all means, Jetko hasn't made much of a splash from what I've seen..
I'll pass on the removable hex wheels, regardless of brand✌

You mean adapters? I wonder if they would really hold though?
Nylon
This is funny to me because I bought some jconcepts landmines and they have removable hubs too just like proline.

I cracked the hubs on all 4 jconcept tires on the first bash. I also can't even find the hubs on their website. I was mad af!

proline mx43 the best tire ever made. proline needs to make all the smaller tires with that same plastic 😂

6s backflips the best arrma tire ever made.
Yeah but i don't like how theres gaps around the hexes. Only hd one hex fail on me. The rubber and design is good. The foam are the white ones and they desintegrate easy with time. While they use the black ones who are more durable on the 3-4s truck, idk about the 8s ones. A great tire overall I use them on all my trucks On my nero, kraton, outcast 4s and my notorious

Nylon

Yeah but i don't like how theres gaps around the hexes. Only hd one hex fail on me. The rubber and design is good. The foam are the white ones and they desintegrate easy with time. While they use the black ones who are more durable on the 3-4s truck, idk about the 8s ones. A great tire overall I use them on all my trucks On my nero, kraton, outcast 4s and my notorious
It is disappointing to have the foams go away before the tires wear out.. I have a set of BF LP'S as well as some 8s that have "gone flat".. not complaining, just a bummer.. at least they lasted longer than TRX 8s foams!!🤷‍♂️

I noticed that every other company that sells wheels with removable hexes does not sell the hexes separate.
WTF is the point of that?!?! tbh if I knew that before hand I wouldn't have bought them. I really wanted to buy the 1/5th tires they recently came out with too but first video I saw of them someone cracked the hub and you guessed it! nowhere to be found in the store. :mad: :mad:
Nylon

Bro there is nothing about a backflip lp that is better than a backflip mt tire. Maybe you have them confused or something I don't know but I repeat, there is nothing more durable on a backflip lp than a backflip mt. I have lots of real world experience with both tires and there is no comparison. I also have backflip mt tires that are over a year old that have zero problems.

Now copperhead 2's? those got real soft and mushy after a while.

Last edited:
I've just come back, can't believe were at 4 pages.!!!
These removable hub wheels truly suck, I'm going to replace with a new set of plastic hexes, but I'm going to attempt to sleeve them with carbon fiber..!! (just measured them and they are slightly tapered 🤬🤬🤬🤬)
If that don't work and they break again I will just remove the tyres and throw the wheels in the bin.!!

I've just come back, can't believe were at 4 pages.!!!
These removable hub wheels truly suck, I'm going to replace with a new set of plastic hexes, but I'm going to attempt to sleeve them with carbon fiber..!! (just measured them and they are slightly tapered 🤬🤬🤬🤬)
If that don't work and they break again I will just remove the tyres and throw the wheels in the bin.!!
I really wish Proline would sell unmounted tires again or bring back Desperado and F-11 wheels.

View attachment 307079
+1.
Fact. (y)
And this is often overlooked.
The tire scrub radius changes drastically for the worse. Too Much positive scrub radius can result with a very postive offset. Affects the steering geometry drastically. Can work against you technically speaking.
With bashers, many don't care, and because they don't even realize it. Just want to widen the track width regardless for some reason.:unsure: If you understand the change well enough it can work for you only if you realize what you are doing. Caster tweaking is usually needed along with that.
Always try to stay with the OE Wheel Offset of your rig.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back