Problems with USPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bollucks

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hey everyone.
Just wondering if anyone has been having problems with usps lately? I’ve got an order on the way that’s been stuck at “package running late but on the way to the next facility” package was meant to be delivered days ago from tbone racing. I have a buddy who lives maybe 10 miles from me we ordered the same parts from JRC mine took 4 days to get to me, his has been sitting the same running late message for over 20 days with the post office giving no updates. Thankfully Jennys sent him another order out ups.

so just wondering anyone else running into the same issue and is there any recourse?

Hey everyone.
Just wondering if anyone has been having problems with usps lately? I’ve got an order on the way that’s been stuck at “package running late but on the way to the next facility” package was meant to be delivered days ago from tbone racing. I have a buddy who lives maybe 10 miles from me we ordered the same parts from JRC mine took 4 days to get to me, his has been sitting the same running late message for over 20 days with the post office giving no updates. Thankfully Jennys sent him another order out ups.

so just wondering anyone else running into the same issue and is there any recourse?
1 month ago mine said "holing at location" it was there for 1 week. It showed a yellow hold symbol aswell

USPS packages that normally take 2-3 days for me are now 4-9 days

I placed 2 orders from the same vendor on the same day, both packages were mailed out the next day, one package arrived, the other is still going on a 3 day hold, where is it being held, I have no idea

First mistake was buying from TBR "to be repaired" they take a week or more to even "ship" it then it will say "waiting for pickup" for another few weeks. I have had nothing but good luck with usps...ups and fedex not so much.

USPS has been pretty good for me lately. But Im getting more and more frustrated with Fed Ex. They have rescheduled my V5 Notorious delivery 3 times so far. None of which were because I wasnt home. It was because it was late over and over again. I ordered the V5 and some parts at the same time from Tower. They were shipped in separate boxes the same day and were suppose to be delivered on the same day. Well the parts got here on the 5th. But the Notorious was originally scheduled for the 4th, then the 5th. But instead of actually moving it just stayed in Southern California with 5 "in transit" scans with no movement. It finally got to North Ca. yesterday and says its suppose to be delivered today. But it still hasnt gotten scanned out for delivery. If it gets rescheduled again today I am going to call them and see if I can pick it up at the local warehouse. Ive never had an issue like this with Fed Ex.

USPS has been pretty good for me lately. But Im getting more and more frustrated with Fed Ex. They have rescheduled my V5 Notorious delivery 3 times so far. None of which were because I wasnt home. It was because it was late over and over again. I ordered the V5 and some parts at the same time from Tower. They were shipped in separate boxes the same day and were suppose to be delivered on the same day. Well the parts got here on the 5th. But the Notorious was originally scheduled for the 4th, then the 5th. But instead of actually moving it just stayed in Southern California with 5 "in transit" scans with no movement. It finally got to North Ca. yesterday and says its suppose to be delivered today. But it still hasnt gotten scanned out for delivery. If it gets rescheduled again today I am going to call them and see if I can pick it up at the local warehouse. Ive never had an issue like this with Fed Ex.
I think Fedex will attempt delivery three times and then it's returned to the shipper... keep an eye on that.

Furthermore, I believe that the problem is twofold: The typical increased amount of orders/parcels due to the holiday season (which is expected) but the second issue is that FedEx contracts out a lot of delivery work. I had someone in an old rust bucket (not judging, I have a winter sh*t box too) deliver several packages in sweatpants and a wife-beater. Caught me off guard, but it is what it is. They are scrambling it seems to keep up with deliveries.

I think Fedex will attempt delivery three times and then it's returned to the shipper... keep an eye on that.

Furthermore, I believe that the problem is twofold: The typical increased amount of orders/parcels due to the holiday season (which is expected) but the second issue is that FedEx contracts out a lot of delivery work. I had someone in an old rust bucket (not judging, I have a winter sh*t box too) deliver several packages in sweatpants and a wife-beater. Caught me off guard, but it is what it is. They are scrambling it seems to keep up with deliveries.

Well the thing is there have been no delivery attempts at all. It just keeps getting scanned as "in transit". And I know all too well about shipping contractors. I use to work as an independent contractor for DHL for about a year. I didnt have a van so I did all my deliveries in a Dodge Durango. Paid great and only worked for about 5 hours each day which was awesome. But I did have to pay for my own gas so that hurt. And all that stopping and going did a lot of wear and tear on my Durango. But it got the job done.

Well the thing is there have been no delivery attempts at all. It just keeps getting scanned as "in transit". And I know all too well about shipping contractors. I use to work as an independent contractor for DHL for about a year. I didnt have a van so I did all my deliveries in a Dodge Durango. Paid great and only worked for about 5 hours each day which was awesome. But I did have to pay for my own gas so that hurt. And all that stopping and going did a lot of wear and tear on my Durango. But it got the job done.
Ah, I misunderstood your story in regards to the delivery attempts (or lack thereof), my bad.

I don't have a problem with contractors, at all, but I think they may be moderately unprepared. Just got off of the phone with a buddy/customer of mine and he said that his latest Fedex contractor is on the verge of an @ss whooping :ROFLMAO: Everyone is just trying to get by!

Ah, I misunderstood your story in regards to the delivery attempts (or lack thereof), my bad.

I don't have a problem with contractors, at all, but I think they may be moderately unprepared. Just got off of the phone with a buddy/customer of mine and he said that his latest Fedex contractor is on the verge of an @ss whooping :ROFLMAO: Everyone is just trying to get by!
Yea I get it. The virus has pretty much messed up everything. Its 1130am now as I type this and although it still says today is the delivery day there has been no out for delivery scan. Normally this happens around 8am. We shall see.

Well apparently usps is monitoring my activity lol. Just got a text saying it’s in San Diego now.

WOW. I actually found out a way to reach someone at Fedex since they don't have chat. I contacted them via Twitter and they actually checked into it. And I got the "unprecedented" volume thing and that they are sorry. But at least I was able to get through to someone. Looks like it'll be tomorrow. But after 5 reschedules that I did not request Im not holding my breath.

Last edited:
USPS has been jerking my chain lately, everything doesn't arrive on time. I paid for 2 day Priority mail for a small box, 20 bucks, came 2 weeks later. Recently broke a diecast metal car by body slamming it. I have a cat house on my porch, instead of placing my packages behind it so porch pirates can't see it, they been leaving them on top of it, if that's not lazy It's stupid. Presently waiting on 3 over due packages now. I know Covid and Hollidays have things messed up but USPS sucks!
20201202_162958(0).jpg

I am 30 miles from Detroit. I currently have 3 different packages all sitting there ranging from 1 day over due to 1 week over due. Mind you all 3 have been in transit over 2 weeks coming from Florida and New Jersey.

USPS has been jerking my chain lately, everything doesn't arrive on time. I paid for 2 day Priority mail for a small box, 20 bucks, came 2 weeks later. Recently broke a diecast metal car by body slamming it. I have a cat house on my porch, instead of placing my packages behind it so porch pirates can't see it, they been leaving them on top of it, if that's not lazy It's stupid. Presently waiting on 3 over due packages now. I know Covid and Hollidays have things messed up but USPS sucks!View attachment 113201
Maybe they thought the roof was out of reach from the cat burglar!?

On a good day, USPS can be daunting. Pre Covid, I had a package shipped from N. Cali. to me in NY. I get it, usually a week. Allowing for weekends and based on what day they actually ship. Religiously a week. This one package scanned all over the western US for several weeks North and South, South to North, like it was a hobo jumping from train to train. Called the seller, he couldn't believe it. He shipped another replacement express mail. Got in 3 days. I still tracked the original package, even called Usps and they couldn't explain it. Months later I checked for scans, again it was all over the western states, state to state like every single one. I figured the address or bar code was defaced somehow. And gave up. But I got the replacement anyway. No biggy.
6 months later it arrived with USPS labels all over it rerouting it tons of times. Must have traveled 100 thousand miles. The package looked like it been to the moon and back. Yet unopened. a Miracle. My address was there, zip code and all intact as was the bar code.
What a way to run a business.
But Fedex can be the worst and also more expensive IMO. They use other carriers most of the time. Amazon delivery appears to be best for me lately. And even they use anyone who has a personal car to deliver. But no complaints so far with them.

Last edited:
I am shamelessly res'ing this thread. This is my current outing with USPS. Girlfriend's Apple Watch, when ordered it said "delivered in two days," and Best Buy hadn't let me down up to this point (3 years running, Elite Plus lol).

I have heard they are blatantly ignoring standard/ground shipments and doing exclusively local/priority mail. I get they're busy, but holy cow... I could have walked to it's origin scan and had it already lol. Shows my lazy ass to get to the store if I want it in time to put under the tree.

Best Buy Package Tracking.png

Federal Express is bad! They recently took my HH warranty replacement and their tracking said it was to be delivered Monday January the 4th..Instead, they had some nerve delivering it Thursday December the 31st! ACROSS THE BORDER TOO??? Cheeky buggers! I only spoke with CS at Horizon Sunday December 27th so they didn't ship until the 28th!

Almost a month now. Still have not received it. Even opened a case and the closed it a couple days later with no explanation why they closed it.

Screenshot_20210104-111758_eBay.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back