Project Vipaz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCSid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
So I am tired of burning through GRP’s and was excited to setup some Vipaz Solid Rubber Tires for my Infraction 8s. This took 1hr from start to finish. I had done a little research and was able to find a few NOS sets of Pro-Line Mach-10 rims. I watched the videos on the M2C website to gain some perspective as to what I would be doing to get these wheels setup. It all seemed pretty understandable with the exception in one of the videos they had ground down a nut to a 17mm Hex O.D. I am no machinist, nor do I have the resources to be milling or ‘taking down’ anything. I just went to Home Depot with one of my wheels and sized up some M10 X 1.25 bolts and Nuts which have a 17mm OD hex size. I used a hacksaw to nip the hex off of the bolt so that I could fit in my Dewalt drill (aka, my homemade lathe :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: )

First things first, Home Depot run and prep the lathe assembly 😁
2ea M10 X 1.25 Cap Screw
4ea M10 X 1.25 Hex Nut

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

First step was trimming the tire guides off of the Pro-Lines
IMG_1893.jpg

Next step was quickly smoothing out the trimmed guides with a small block plane
IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1896.JPG

Then I sanded down and smoothed out the wheel with some 150 grit sandpaper
IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1899.jpg

Used my sanding wheel on my Dremel to scuff up the inside of the tired for better adhesion
IMG_1904.jpg

Tires slid on and fit perfect with the slightest tolerance
IMG_1903.jpg

Lifted up the edge as I went around the tire inside the edge with the glue
IMG_1905.jpg

I will let them dry and see how they perform. Glad I did this, even though I HATE gluing tires.

IMG_1902.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if black ATV gasket maker would work to adhere. Slather it on wheel and inside the tire. Slide tires over, wipe, and have plenty of time to adjust.

I wonder if black ATV gasket maker would work to adhere. Slather it on wheel and inside the tire. Slide tires over, wipe, and have plenty of time to adjust.
I went by the tutorial from the clip from WestOz. Said to glue both edges so the tires can be removed (somewhat easily) and replaced when needed on the same 'rims'

your idea may work, I have no experience with liquid gasket stuff

I went by the tutorial from the clip from WestOz. Said to glue both edges so the tires can be removed (somewhat easily) and replaced when needed on the same 'rims'

your idea may work, I have no experience with liquid gasket stuff
Yeah. I think it would work, but it would be permanent. But, really....the wheels will wear down. They're plastic, and the tires get eaten away just the same. It just takes longer. Street RC's are definitely impressive, but they're even less practical than off-road because of the tire situation. No matter which way ya' turn with street running, ANY tire option is a wear em' down and throw em' away situation. That's why I don't have a street model. I have a set of hoons for occasional parking lot runs on a off-road rig that is set-up to grip with balance. Corner carving and a little more speed. No drifting whatsoever. That's as far as I think I'll go. The serious street stuff is for the birds. Or rich people with a lot of free time to fiddle around with a warehouse stockpile of wheels & tires. Not judging. It's just that it's a reality I can't manage or handle. I don't know how you do it! But if you can handle it, then more power to ya.' Without those that can, we wouldn't see a variety of RC's.

Last edited:
Too bad there aren't lightweight aluminum rims made specifically for those tires.

I'm sure some of our AF members who CNC can design and produce some Awesome custom aluminum rims for those tires.. 😉

Just sayin'..

Last edited:
When it comes time to remove/replace the tires, I'd likely do the Tupperware/Acetone route first to see the results before cutting and razoring them off per their video tutorial.

Back