Promodeler DS630BLHV.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assure you guys I didn't order anything.
Yeah, whatever…. I talked to John earlier today and he said you had two 630’s, a 635, four 505’s and a couple of harnesses coming.
Stuck at the border for 10 days? Not unusual. When I order stuff from Canada it can take longer than the slow boat from China.
Good luck on that claim, and in all seriousness, I’m subbed and standing by.

I’m gonna be so disappointed in this thread if he just repairs it and sends it back to you without a 43 page tongue lashing.
Me too. The man DOES have a way with words. I even suspect he and Diem Turner are one and the same because of that. 😆
But allow me to restate that this isn't a claim. Or even an attempted fast one. Unless I unknowingly opted into John's "Morons who don't listen and find out after f@&#:mad:/@ around" super warranty, this is 99.999998% user induced damage and SHOULDNT be covered. If it can be repaired, I will gladly pay. If not, I will still buy another because I know I'm getting a servo that me on my dumbest day and the curse(or skill depending on how one chooses to see it)of joshludden vexing me hard, I can barely manage to destroy it. Nevermind the water, its nothing short of a miracle the gear teeth are still intact. It's been through some epic tumbles down cliffs in an almost 18 pound SCX10.iii.

Me too. The man DOES have a way with words. I even suspect he and Diem Turner are one and the same because of that. 😆
But allow me to restate that this isn't a claim. Or even an attempted fast one. Unless I unknowingly opted into John's "Morons who don't listen and find out after f@&#:mad:/@ around" super warranty, this is 99.999998% user induced damage and SHOULDNT be covered. If it can be repaired, I will gladly pay. If not, I will still buy another because I know I'm getting a servo that me on my dumbest day and the curse(or skill depending on how one chooses to see it)of joshludden vexing me hard, I can barely manage to destroy it. Nevermind the water, its nothing short of a miracle the gear teeth are still intact. It's been through some epic tumbles down cliffs in an almost 18 pound SCX10.iii.
I think I speak for all of arrmaforum when I say that we appreciate your honesty, it is truely a virtue. I also speak for arrmaforum when I say we would relish in your merciless evisceration at the hands of a borderline-mad servo scientist.

@Greengaunja I love maple bacon and real maple syrup! But back to topic, how did everything turn out? I have a DS635BLHV in my Kraton and it's unreal... At first I was worried because it just seemed notchy at first, but now it's nice and smooth. However, once the dedicated 2s batt starts getting low the servo seems to loose it's radius... I need to do some more trouble shooting, but I think it has more to do with the battery voltage coinciding or getting below the BEC voltage set point of 8V on my MMX8s. BTW, the metrics I've downloaded show very, very little ripple on the BEC circuit... I could see how this could be an issue on a mission critical missile (don't want that going through the wrong window!) or a 300 mph jet RC, but for my needs, it really shouldn't make a difference. I mean a voltage drop of .3V at a 336 amp draw is really nothing. BTW, that peak was me showing off to the neighbor, doing a flip, then crawling over his construction pile. I said "Try that with your Nitro car!", lol.

ScreenHunter 60.jpg

Last edited:
@Greengaunja I love maple bacon and real maple syrup! But back to topic, how did everything turn out? I have a DS635BLHV in my Kraton and it's unreal... At first I was worried because it just seemed notchy at first, but now it's nice and smooth. However, once the dedicated 2s batt starts getting low the servo seems to loose it's radius... I need to do some more trouble shooting, but I think it has more to do with the battery voltage coinciding or getting below the BEC voltage set point of 8V on my MMX8s. BTW, the metrics I've downloaded show very, very little ripple on the BEC circuit... I could see how this could be an issue on a mission critical missile (don't want that going through the wrong window!) or a 300 mph jet RC, but for my needs, it really shouldn't make a difference. I mean a voltage drop of .3V at a 336 amp draw is really nothing. BTW, that peak was me showing off to the neighbor, doing a flip, then crawling over his construction pile. I said "Try that with your Nitro car!", lol.

View attachment 303861
You’re right, in this application it doesn’t mean much in the greater scheme of things. If you want seamless performance you should run the servo on a dedicated LiPo.

You’re right, in this application it doesn’t mean much in the greater scheme of things. If you want seamless performance you should run the servo on a dedicated LiPo.
I think I (we) understand where he's coming from and the thought process behind it. He has no idea what ESC we're putting in front of it and he wants to damn sure we knuckle dragging land RC drivers :rolleyes: know what his servos are capable of.

View attachment 303861
No idea. According to tracking, I should have it back Monday or Tuesday. Nothing from John either. Either way I will reach out as I still want to know what the final nail in the coffin was. And will share here.

I think I (we) understand where he's coming from and the thought process behind it. He has no idea what ESC we're putting in front of it and he wants to damn sure we knuckle dragging land RC drivers :rolleyes: know what his servos are capable of.
Yeah, a HW Max 6 or a Castle has pretty good switch mode BEC’s built in that will run that servo with no problem as long as the receiver isn’t loaded down with a ton of fans and a light show worthy of a 2000‘s Oasis concert. 🤮

Wait… do you have the BEC and the battery connected to the reciever at the same time???
Lol, no, just the signal and ground wire, Great question though.
Yeah, a HW Max 6 or a Castle has pretty good switch mode BEC’s built in that will run that servo with no problem as long as the receiver isn’t loaded down with a ton of fans and a light show worthy of a 2000‘s Oasis concert. 🤮
Just fans... Less fans than millennial trannsgenders at a Hank Williams Jr. concert.

Last edited:
....... duunnn dunnn.....
20230607_193434.jpg
20230607_193405.jpg

.....duuuunnnn duun.......
20230607_193453.jpg
20230607_193500.jpg
20230607_193523.jpg

....duuunnnnnn dun dun dun dun.....
20230607_193552.jpg
20230607_193624.jpg

........dun dun dun dun dun dun dun......
20230607_193632.jpg
20230607_193642.jpg
20230607_194751.jpg

.....dunnnnnnnnnnnnn dunnnn!

JESUS MURPHY ON A FLAMING CHARIOT. I'm dumbfounded and shocked to the core. I'm guessing this WAS a legitimate warranty claim???? Some Hot Thingmabob. Well, I did say it was getting hot, but I thought maybe a short somewhere. I'm very conflicted right now guys. All these emotions running amok inside of me. Part of me wants to be happy I get a free "do-over" with my DS630BLHV but that quickly goes away when I'm hit with the realization that I FAILED to to send this servo to the Great Parts Bin in the sky crawling rampant through the Canadian wilderness in my SCX10.iii. And I feel like I'm missing out here. I was so expecting a long diatribe about showing proper respect to high end gear. For sure, I do have a newfound respect for my DS630BLHV that just totally SCHOOLED me!

I can't believe this ...............

And thanks John! Gotta love your foresight. A mint to sweeten up and a beer cozy for the beer im about crack to help get over being one upped by a...servo.

*cue AC/DCs Who Made Who*

I’m gonna be so disappointed in this thread if he just repairs it and sends it back to you without a 43 page tongue lashing.
You REALLY did call this one..... know any lottery numbers that will come up soon?

That’s awesome, man! So that servo didn’t have water in it? Wow, that’s a testament to those MilSpec o-rings for sure.
I’m also surprised. John always says he’ll warranty any legit issue, and as a “servo whisperer” he says he always knows a defect from something caused by neglect or abuse.
Congrats, man!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back