Protek Servos…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
I needed a low profile steering servo for my BBX build, and all I had was a few eco-techs that I bought for my shelf queen builds. Went to the LHS, and they had a low profile Protek in stock, so I bought it. WOW. So smooth, fast and the quality is incredible. Even came with a machined aluminum servo horn. We’ll see how it holds up long term, but initially, I love this thing.
IMG_0149.jpeg

Yea I did the same thing with power hobby 400mg for $40. Is a great super fast servo. Have it in my mt10. I love it. Them $150 servos r over rated. Lol

>Yea I did the same thing with power hobby 400mg for $40. Is a great super fast servo. Have it in my mt10. I love it. Them $150 servos r over rated. Lol

What I don't get is how 99% of servos are either <$40 or >$120. There doesn't seem to be much at all in the middle range, it's either cheap rebranded stuff on Amazon (and people rave about them), or $120+ from the big names. And the thing is, no matter how great the servo is, eventually it's going to die, and I'd rather kill a $35 servo.

I see this servo was around $110, which is up there but relatively low for name-brand servos. I dunno, I've been looking to upgrade my stock Kraton 4S servo and everyone I've asked said to grab a 9imod due to being in that middle spot of ~$60 or so. The response time is pretty good on it?

I would try the power hobby 400mg with direct power @ 8.4 volts 400 oz of torque should b enough to move them tire.
But I completely agree with u. I gotta say thou. The best bang for ur buck over a $100 is the perfect pass servo. IMO

I was a Futaba snob fanboy back in my racing days. All too expensve these days just for bashing.
Buying 2 savox 1210's ( $160.) that were both crap (both with bad potentiometers, struggling to center, new out the box) with Savox warranty doing nothing but returning the same back to me after 2 months. What a waste of Coin.
This was all I needed to convince me that my AMZ DS3235 35 kg $34. servos are the way to go. 9 of them now, years later and none have died. ( My Basher 6s rigs)
Are they the best and most precise. NO. But for the price are just fine for bashing. We trash these servos when bashing anyway. They are consumables. Why spend so much on servos?:unsure:
Proteks are known to be among the best out there, if your wallet permits. Popular with racers. I get that.

I bought that servo and didn’t like it at all. Just didn’t seem to center well. I would try the powerhobby for $40. Can’t go wrong.

The AMZ DS3235 did not center well for you???:unsure:
You might have too much steering slop or a bad Front wheel alignment perhaps. Even a bad wheel Hub BB or weak servo saver can cause similar issues.
I never had centering issues with mine. Any of them. My 6s rigs. I did receive one that was DOA out of 10 purchased, but AMZ made good on it. Just Got another.

It was a brand new Kronos. It worked fine with the stock servo then I put that in I just can’t get it to work right. Never had a problem b4. Could just b a defective one. I just thought it’s cheap u get what u pay for. So I splurged a few more dollars for the power hobby and didn’t look back. But my go to servos r promodeler. I have 2. One in xmaxx one in Kronos and the power hobby servo now in mt10. Could have just been a bad experience. Not talking down on them I just didn’t have luck.

Lol. I didn’t think I was the only one that’s had that problem b4. And I agree with u ^^^^ sir

I buy nice servos. Every time I’ve bought cheap, it’s bit me. I have 7 Reef’s Raw 500’s in different rigs, have sold several rigs with them installed, never once had one fail. I have a Shift RCS 2.0 in the Xmaxx, and had one in my last Xmaxx, no failures. They all have great speed and torque for their applications. I hope this Protek holds up as well as those. Not going to lie, this Protek actually feels a lot smoother than any of my other ones. The only cheapie servos I buy go into my shelf queens. They just take up a servo sized hole.
That looks really nice for the money. Looks like a rebranded AGF. Might snag one for the XRT and see how it goes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back