Granite Pumpkin! why buy new when you can waste money on a ebay rescue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snacktime

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
So for a grand total of $246.64 I have bough my first 3S Arrma Truck or is it Mega? Very little chassis scapes, some cool lights and MAX 10 system!

Ebay photos
1711663526041.png

1711663563917.png

1711663686353.png

1711663757854.png

Lists of parts on truck:

-Hobbywing Max10 G2 combo

-Surpass 30x30mm ESC fan

-Surpass Motor Fan with Heatsink

-18t pinion

-53t spur slip eliminator clutch

-ARRMA Power Module & Metal Slipper Boost Box

-diff case front&rear 17t pinion/ 47t spur

-Spektrum Sports5channel receiver

-steering Servo Protek rc 140S

-10 amp Castle B.E.C(remaps receiver to push out max allotted voltage to the plugged in parts)

-RPM Front and Rear A-Arms

-ARRMA CVD Slider Rear Set

-Proline StreetFighter tires (about 70% of tread life left)

-Aluminum Hot Racing 12mm Hex’s

-All adjustable camber & steering linkage

-Hot Racing Progressive Rate Front spring(medium-black)

-Hot Racing Progressive Rate Rear spring(soft-chrome)

-Proline front white light bar

-INJORA rear red lights

-traxxas roof skid plate

-Fast Eddy Bearings(complete bearing swap)

-e-flite light controller( depending on your remote, it’s used to turn the lights on and off. Or they’ll just stay on)

List of parts included in this lot:

-Original operators manual

-carrying backpack(used to store or transport RC)

-hobbywing LCD programmer

-Spektrum g2 2s 5000mAh 30C lipo battery

-GoldBat 3s 5200mAh 80C lipo battery

-Set of stock Arrma deboot tires( 95% tread life left)

-Set of stock Arrma aluminum 14mm hex w/ pins

-Hot Racing Progressive Rate Front&Rear Spring Set(Gold,Black,chrome)

-1 extra rear shock assembly

-1 extra front shock assembly

-Extra pair of body mounts

-full set of stock composite steering and camber buckles

-Extra Pair of Mud Guards

-three full sets of plastic shock spacers

-castle 550 motor cooling Shrout

-Stock rear Arrma a-arms

-stock diff front and rear case/pinion

-proline wheel adapters for a smaller offset

-a small bag of body clips

-stock servo saver

-stock 15t pinion

-Arrma 57t Metal Slipper clutch

-stock servo Spektrum S650

-Stock Arrma ESC

-Stock ARRMA Power Module

I mean all the signs say good buy. I mean it comes with some cool freebies I would never spend money on.
1711664010715.png

Unless your going to strictly street bash that thing, and maybe even then, you're going to want to lose that slipper eliminator and put the slipper clutch back in, or you're going to be busting differentials like they're free

Unless your going to strictly street bash that thing, and maybe even then, you're going to want to lose that slipper eliminator and put the slipper clutch back in, or you're going to be busting differentials like they're free
Might be why it comes with spare diffs. Now that you say that I can see the red peaking out at the rear output.

I plan to go through it and see what's done. Get an inventory of what's in the grab bag. Then I plan to buy a wide kit/parts from JennyRC and what ever else I need to stick some bigger tires back on. My JennyRC cart has $200 in it already.

Might be why it comes with spare diffs. Now that you say that I can see the red peaking out at the rear output.

I plan to go through it and see what's done. Get an inventory of what's in the grab bag. Then I plan to buy a wide kit/parts from JennyRC and what ever else I need to stick some bigger tires back on. My JennyRC cart has $200 in it already.
Sounds like my shopping cart.

Kit breakers get ya every time!

This doesn't look like much a rescue, nice rig!

I was going to at first say that you made that seller's day buying it at that price, but damn, that came with a lot of extras and some good upgrades.

I was going to at first say that you made that seller's day buying it at that price, but damn, that came with a lot of extras and some good upgrades.

I think the seller shot himself in the foot with the pictures. The body looks like a shellacked Halloween bucket. Hard part is going to be replacing the body it so fugly but still usable.

Well it's got a Max10 80amp esc with 3300kv 3652 so it's not a great deal. Plastic diffs installed, shocks are shot, tires are pretty toasted and servo needs to be swapped out. Geared it down to 13T pinion due to that being my only 3.2mm pinion in my box. Put the included blx slipper in then stripped all the extras out. Going to take the wheel bearings out of the gorgon to get this thing running tomorrow.

Alright first order is in

1 25T arrma servo saver
10 6x12x4 bearings

It sure does not look like mine. I am getting ready to build a ramp for mine. I am sure I will be in the parts business soon. :} Good luck. I shall follow your progress.

So out of the box came the ugly duckling! First thing was strip it and swap over everything I could to make it a basher again. Looked like someone chewed all the turn buckles with pliers. I spent a majority of the day adjusting the links back to normal.

1711922096382.png
1711921943683.png

1711922066447.png

1711922078548.png

1711922117818.png

1711922136078.png

First up was 13T pinion and that was a fail. Lasted 3-5 minutes on 3s and I sheared my pinion shaft off.

1711922291783.png

1711922329155.png

Ended the day with squeezing in a high discharge cnhl 3s pack a hobbywing quicrun 3300kv 3660 w14T pinion. Motor gets hot so I need to gear down, had plenty of power! 3660 is monster compared to the 3652.

1711922733821.png

Last edited:
So for a grand total of $246.64 I have bough my first 3S I like Arrma Truck or is it Mega? Very little chassis scapes, some cool lights and MAX 10 system!

Ebay photos
View attachment 357473
View attachment 357474
View attachment 357475
View attachment 357478

Lists of parts on truck:

-Surpass 30x30mm ESC fan

-18t pinion

-10 amp Castle B.E.C(remaps receiver to push out max allotted voltage to the plugged in parts)

-INJORA rear red lights

-traxxas roof skid plate

-e-flite light controller( depending on your remote, it’s used to turn the lights on and off. Or they’ll just stay on)

-Stock rear Arrma a-arms

-stock servo saver

-stock 15t pinion

-Stock Arrma ESC

I mean all the signs say good buy. I mean it comes with some cool freebies I would never spend money on.
View attachment 357484

So for a grand total of $246.64 I have bough my first 3S Arrma Truck or is it Mega? Very little chassis scapes, some cool lights and MAX 10 system!

Ebay photos
View attachment 357473
View attachment 357474
View attachment 357475
View attachment 357478

Lists of parts on truck:

-Surpass 30x30mm ESC fan

-18t pinion

-INJORA rear red lights

-traxxas roof skid plate

-Stock rear Arrma a-arms

-stock servo saver

-stock 15t pinion

-Stock Arrma ESC

View attachment 357484
I like how the windshield was made did you do that or did it come like that already? If so I would like to do that to mine how did you do it?

I like how the windshield was made did you do that or did it come like that already? If so I would like to do that to mine how did you do it?

Came like that, it's just shoe goo glued in place. Adds a lot of strength! Body also is pretty heavy lol.

The sad thing is rotors are out of stock at hobbywing. This must be a pretty common problem! Not sure the 80amp Max10 will handle a 3665 motor, the amp draw is double 3652 motor.

Oof, sorry to see that on that nice little motor!

For those 3S Power Modules, it is definitely best to put the cover back on as well to test your mesh and listen for that satisfying "click" between the spur and pinion.

It is also highly advised when securing the pinion to allow for a little side to side play between the pinion and spur, not the mesh. Keep in mind the spur can flex a little and the motor shaft moves up and down a tad as well. If the spur makes contact at any time to the lower part of your pinion (that style pinion the gears are not cut out all the way to the bottom) it will break the shaft. Also, tiny rocks or debris that get in there can also take things out.

Oof, sorry to see that on that nice little motor!

For those 3S Power Modules, it is definitely best to put the cover back on as well to test your mesh and listen for that satisfying "click" between the spur and pinion.

It is also highly advised when securing the pinion to allow for a little side to side play between the pinion and spur, not the mesh. Keep in mind the spur can flex a little and the motor shaft moves up and down a tad as well. If the spur makes contact at any time to the lower part of your pinion (that style pinion the gears are not cut out all the way to the bottom) it will break the shaft. Also, tiny rocks or debris that get in there can also take things out.
Mesh was good, only took 3 tries to get it right. Figured it would be okay to play with but 3.2mm shaft said granite was to heavy! Even adjusted the slipper per the book, now it's a 1/2 turn losers.

Mesh was good, only took 3 tries to get it right. Figured it would be okay to play with but 3.2mm shaft said granite was to heavy! Even adjusted the slipper per the book, now it's a 1/2 turn losers.
I rip a Granite on a Velineon 3500 and it rocks. 3.175mm shaft. Took some effort to get the mesh right.

Could have been weakened somehow but if that spur rode up onto the uncut part of the pinion it's done for. 💥

Well today was dig into the suspension and pull off the blower on top of the esc as I am getting to much draw on the BEC circuit. So far I am thinking of filing an ebay claim as this thing was not portrayed as a bucket of crap.

Hacked up esc lid
1711996935053.png

Bent rear shock shafts with plier marks on the shafts.

1711997007935.png

Also pretty sure I have a bent front hinge pin hiding behind 1 stripped screw and a busted off screw.

Back