Granite Punch Setting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LenniePaz

Reaction score
I'm trying to set my Punch to Level 5. When I scroll through the settings, I get 1 beep, 2 beeps, 3 beeps, 4 beeps. After the 4 beeps, the next setting is one long beep. Is that Level 5, or should I be hearing 5 beeps? It never does 5 beeps.

Wow, what I difference between 3 and 5. I couldn't get a good flip off a ramp with setting 3, now with 5, I can land a flip 90% of the time.

I'm curious was your 3 punch setting really sluggish? Like slow moving hardly any reaction, then the power comes on almost all at once? Tuning a blx100 for my boys Granite. Quickly moved off 3 to 4, but 4 is still pretty laggy. Do I need to just go to 5? I'm pretty used to the punch of my eRevo 2.0.

I'm curious was your 3 punch setting really sluggish? Like slow moving hardly any reaction, then the power comes on almost all at once? Tuning a blx100 for my boys Granite. Quickly moved off 3 to 4, but 4 is still pretty laggy. Do I need to just go to 5? I'm pretty used to the punch of my eRevo 2.0.
No, something doesn't sound right. On setting 3, it was very responsive.

Is your slipper clutch set too loose and it's slipping a lot before it finally grabs? Punch 3,4 and 5 should all take off and wheelie. Check the slipper.

Is your slipper clutch set too loose and it's slipping a lot before it finally grabs? Punch 3,4 and 5 should all take off and wheelie. Check the slipper.

If it was the slipper wouldn't I hear the motor spool up, almost like hearing a clutch slip on a stick shift? I'll check it anyway. Probably going to reset the esc as well.

If it was the slipper wouldn't I hear the motor spool up, almost like hearing a clutch slip on a stick shift? I'll check it anyway. Probably going to reset the esc as well.
You would. It was just a thought. The other thing that comes to mind is cogging. Does it stutter a bit and then take off? Like this?

Yeah, I'd almost say that's what it's doing. Couple times it was sluggish like when it was up against that guys foot, didn't seem to have any power till the tires could get moving. Best way I can describe it is like there is almost a lag from when you hit the gas till it gets full power. It starts off a little slow, then the power comes on all at once.

Yeah, I'd almost say that's what it's doing. Couple times it was sluggish like when it was up against that guys foot, didn't seem to have any power till the tires could get moving. Best way I can describe it is like there is almost a lag from when you hit the gas till it gets full power. It starts off a little slow, then the power comes on all at once.
Yeah that’s called cogging and is common when your gearing is a little high. Step down pinion teeth if this is a big deal to you.

Seems odd that' would be an issue right out of the box, although it's not like I didn't dump money into my Revo to make it bashable out of the box. Still going to try to reset the ESC, for some reason it just doesn't seem like this could be gearing related. I read about the Granite quite a bit before buying one and this didn't seem to be an issue I saw come up. Although I admit, I've been our of RCs for a long time so I'm fairly new to brushless motors and their characteristics.

Seems odd that' would be an issue right out of the box, although it's not like I didn't dump money into my Revo to make it bashable out of the box. Still going to try to reset the ESC, for some reason it just doesn't seem like this could be gearing related. I read about the Granite quite a bit before buying one and this didn't seem to be an issue I saw come up. Although I admit, I've been our of RCs for a long time so I'm fairly new to brushless motors and their characteristics.
If you are the stock 15t pinion it should not cog. Check your motor and battery leads just to rule them out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back