Granite Question for those of you with the Fly Sky GT5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrmature

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
I've picked up a Fly Sky GT5 and am wondering which would benefit the most from the SVC, a Granite 3S or a Typhon 3S?

What about 10 year olds that have trouble with fine steering control? It's more about keeping it running straight on approach to a ramp.

Yeah, its better suited to 2wd. It can be good in keeping a 4wd car going in a straight line in bumpy offroad use but as far as general handling on smoother low grip surfaces the only thing that it might aid in, is opening up the turn radius by playing with the steering priority.

I've played with the settings extensively on my Typhon 6S and these were my findings on that.
Its not a necessary feature for most people but its good to have. I can let my boys play with it without fear of them losing control in a straight line as easily on bumpy loose surfaces.
On smooth tarmac surfaces and high speeds it could easily go in the other direction if the servo speed starts lagging the gain.. and the resulting steering oscilations start causing speed wobbles.

So I don’t use this on any of the tx I have when my 4 yo is in control. Dumbo or gt5. I don’t use it either for our primary driving styles/locations. It is good when doing straight line stuff, but I find that it could do more harm than good. Say they crash with wheels fully turned, it could burn out a servo quicker. Are you running on loose or solid surfaces mostly?

Say they crash with wheels fully turned, it could burn out a servo quicker. Are you running on loose or solid surfaces mostly?

Do you mean that whenever you crash, by habit you always let the steering go straight to stop the steering servo being hyper extended by a wheel impact... and the gyro stops you from being able to do that?

The main thing I would want to use it for is an asphalt approach to a ramp with a grassy landing area.

@Ari33 pretty much. I’ve see a servo go out when an inexperienced younger driver ran it into some bushes. The wheels were fully turned and the stability control was trying to force it back to center.

@Arrmature either way it would still help. The granite imo is harder to control in a straight line but I can only compare that to a senton and a K4s. I’ve since made upgrades though that have helped, servo, pivot balls. It’s nice and tight now.

@Ari33 pretty much. I’ve see a servo go out when an inexperienced younger driver ran it into some bushes. The wheels were fully turned and the stability control was trying to force it back to center.

I have Power HD servos in both, so in case of stall, the servo will substantially drop its power consumption after a second or so. I have also retained the stock servo savers. I find when the radio is off that I can turn the wheels almost to the end stops before the servo moves, so I doubt I would ever be able to get to a true stall with the stock saver.

I have Power HD servos in both, so in case of stall, the servo will substantially drop its power consumption after a second or so. I have also retained the stock servo savers. I find when the radio is off that I can turn the wheels almost to the end stops before the servo moves, so I doubt I would ever be able to get to a true stall with the stock saver.

Wow... moving my wheels by hand moves the sevo pretty much instantly when my Typhon is unpowered. I've either got my servo saver set too tight or yours are really loose... or maybe there is just much less torque required to rotate brushless servos such as mine.

I should really get stronger servo savers. I do find the steering gets pushed around a lot on the rough stuff and SVC won't help with that. The KIM123 seems like a good choice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back