Question from someone new to Lipo Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IwatchTV

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Just been having a bash with my Granite tonight when we had the battery fly out of the car after doing a jump.

Now as the title suggest I am new to using these batteries, but had read into them before I started, and also learned about the risks.

Now I may be going ott here but the battery took a bit of damage after it came out and I just wondered if you guys would recycle the battery or is it still good to go?

Apologies for the noobish question, but would rather know.
20200917_204328.jpg
20200917_204316.jpg
20200917_204309.jpg

I've had this happen to me, and usually I'll just patch it with electrical tape. Occasionally the tape comes off so I'll redo the tape.

Sometimes though, the batteries would blow up over like 2-3 days which worried me. I just tossed them out once they got too big, looking at them subjectively.

I've had that happen once myself and didn't take a chance with it. I would much rather buy a $50 battery vs. a $400+ RC car or even worse....?

Just been having a bash with my Granite tonight when we had the battery fly out of the car after doing a jump.

Now as the title suggest I am new to using these batteries, but had read into them before I started, and also learned about the risks.

Now I may be going ott here but the battery took a bit of damage after it came out and I just wondered if you guys would recycle the battery or is it still good to go?

Apologies for the noobish question, but would rather know.View attachment 100291View attachment 100292View attachment 100293
Since the cels weren't pierced, the integrity hasn't been affected. Tape it all the way around with Gorilla tape, and it should be fine. The battery area of the Granite is more than capable of handling it with the tape on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back