Senton Racing sentons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMPAGE2092

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I'm hoping to start racing my senton soon. does anybody on here race sentons? and a few questons.

-is there certain classing?

-can i race with it upgraded to a monster senton or does it need to be stock?

-any other tips appreciated!!!

thanks!

As was said depends on the racing facility.

Typically race locations Ive been to allow a run what you brung novice/sportsman class.

It would likely be allowed in an Open class
Inwould likely be allowed in most SCT classes (on 2S)
It likely wouldnt be able to run with the fastest vehicles in either an Open or SCT class.
It would be an absolute blast to romp around a track with a bunch of SCTs :)

I’ve taken it to the track. It’s “configured” for track racing. I have a 4s Senton for bashing. It has 6s Typhon shocks with TA 55wt shock oil all around. Front diff is 10k oil and rear is a Arrma CNC diff with 7k oil. Slipper is from a 4s Kraton half a turn back from “tight”. It’s on a stock BLX100 ESC and it had a 2150KV motor on a 18t pinion. Amazon 35Kg servo, Traxxas turnbuckles and a hobby park steering bar assembly.

83B00E60-48D3-49FA-BE1B-92A52BF91CE9.jpeg

I’ve taken it to the track. It’s “configured” for track racing. I have a 4s Senton for bashing. It has 6s Typhon shocks with TA 55wt shock oil all around. Front diff is 10k oil and rear is a Arrma CNC diff with 7k oil. Slipper is from a 4s Kraton half a turn back from “tight”. It’s on a stock BLX100 ESC and it had a 2150KV motor on a 18t pinion. Amazon 35Kg servo, Traxxas turnbuckles and a hobby park steering bar assembly.

View attachment 211673
I just bought one to track. How competitive are you with it? What tire wheel combo at your track?

I just bought one to track. How competitive are you with it? What tire wheel combo at your track?
I've not "raced" it yet, but I like the way it drives on the track. It would definitely lack if you compare it directly to a Losi SCTe or a Tekno SCT. In the hands of a good driver, it'll do good. eventually though, you run out of adjustments.

Took mine straight out of the box to the track today. Ran pretty good. Looking forward to maximizing it. Deffinetly needs a better tire as it was really free. 6 packs through it and the last few I was cutting solid laps.

Took mine straight out of the box to the track today. Ran pretty good. Looking forward to maximizing it. Deffinetly needs a better tire as it was really free. 6 packs through it and the last few I was cutting solid laps.
If you are going to run it at the track more often than bashing with it, I’d advise to replace the turnbuckles with the traxxas turnbuckles. They come with stainless balls and will not wear out. The factory plastic link balls wear rather quickly. Three of these bags will do the trick. You’ll want to use the ones with the number six or you can use washers to take up the slack from the smaller ones. Upgrade to a metal Ackerman bar and upgrade the servo to Ackerman link.

B607A7D0-4F9A-4005-AD9C-86D2477DE922.png

Last edited:

If you glue up your own tires, make sure you use Senton wheels. It uses some kind of funky offset as well as 14mm hexes.

If you are going to run it at the track more often than bashing with it, I’d advise to replace the turnbuckles with the traxxas turnbuckles. They come with stainless balls and will not wear out. The factory plastic link balls wear rather quickly. Three of these bags will do the trick. You’ll want to use the ones with the number six or you can use washers to take up the slack from the smaller ones. Upgrade to a metal Ackerman bar and upgrade the servo to Ackerman link.

View attachment 284031
Thank you. I adjusted the toe on the front today, and noted the rod ends need improvement. Those ends going in my upgrades list now. The metal servo links already there. Appreciate the advice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back