Granite RazorRC Granite 4x4 BLX build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have u figured out a fix for the dirt in the spur gear issue?

Have u figured out a fix for the dirt in the spur gear issue?

The local BMX park is pretty damp all the time now that it's winter, so no dust right now. You could probably just put a little tape over the crease where dirt gets in.

Did a shock rebuild tutorial video, hope it's useful! Lots of blood, sweat and tears in this one (watch and you'll see what I mean, lol).

Thank you. Very nice explanation. Now we can reference it when people want to replace the shocks because it leaks.

Btw, i reused the original o-rings. When do you think it’s necessary to replace the o-rings? Can you see visually?

Thank you. Very nice explanation. Now we can reference it when people want to replace the shocks because it leaks.

Btw, i reused the original o-rings. When do you think it’s necessary to replace the o-rings? Can you see visually?

I just replace them if they leak or if I notice they're damaged (cut or whatever).

All of my shocks leaked after one run. I rebuilt them and still leaked. Maybe I need to replace the o rings and try again. I might call arrma and see if it’s covered under warranty.

Nice video, great explanation of everything. Just be careful with that pick tool next time....lol

First off thank you @razorrc for this as i had 0 clue what i was doing. Bleeding for our hobby is a noble thing...lol

All of my shocks leaked after one run. I rebuilt them and still leaked. Maybe I need to replace the o rings and try again. I might call arrma and see if it’s covered under warranty.

Nice video, great explanation of everything. Just be careful with that pick tool next time....lol

My front left leaked after a few days, mine turned out to be a crack in the seam of the main shock body. Double check those on yours to be safe :)

First off thank you @razorrc for this as i had 0 clue what i was doing. Bleeding for our hobby is a noble thing...lol

My front left leaked after a few days, mine turned out to be a crack in the seam of the main shock body. Double check those on yours to be safe :)

That’s funny you mention that. I saw that seam in the shock body and thought that’s where it was leaking. I’m going to give horizon hobby a call later and see How they warranty it.

@razorrc, why 550cst? the specs specify 500cst (which is 40wt)

Ah thanks! Somebody said they called Arrma and Arrma said 550, I guess not? 550 does seem a little heavy.

BTW, which manual shows the shock oil viscosity? I'm looking at the online specs for the Granite 4x4 BLX, but I can't find it anymore.

Last edited:
I called horizon hobby and explained my leaking shocks after the first run and that I tried rebuilding them and they still leaked. I told him maybe the shock bodies are defective or o rings. They want a picture of the truck and receipt emailed to them to review it and see the condition of the truck. We’ll see what they suggest.

I called horizon hobby and explained my leaking shocks after the first run and that I tried rebuilding them and they still leaked. I told him maybe the shock bodies are defective or o rings. They want a picture of the truck and receipt emailed to them to review it and see the condition of the truck. We’ll see what they suggest.

Did you replace the o-rings when you rebuilt the shocks? If not, I would definitely do that. One of my shocks leaked and I replaced the o-rings (the other shock in my video) and it seems fine now.

No, but they looked like they were all out of shape. I fixed them and they leak less but we’ll see What they do to fix them. I usually don’t call to complain but they brag about the warranty so I figure let them send me the part.

Da phuck! Granite chassis is out until May. Anyone know someone selling one? I checked Horizon, Tower, Stormer, eBay, Amazon...

ARA320398

Found the right Hobbywing program card to use with the BLX100 ESC --

Last edited:
Finished upgrading all my bearings to rubber-shielded bearings. You'll need:

(4) - 5x10x4 steering bearings (replaces plastic bushings)
(4/6) - 10x15x4 slipper/input shaft bearings. I kept the two inner ones on the input shaft since they aren't exposed, but you could buy 2 more for that.
(4) - 6x12x4 wheel bearings
(8) - 12x18x4 wheel and diff bearings

The metal ones didn't last long, they aren't fully sealed so dirt gets in them, especially the rear input shaft bearing.
I don't think that's the same truck. I don't have any plastic bushings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back