$$$ Rc'holics not so anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi my name is Ben and am suffering like others, i confess i have RCBS, last week i fell off the wagon again after being in regression for 10 yrs, i thought i was cured 1 x Typhon 6S Kit and one Typhon TLR but one is for a gift:oops:........really, honestly it is.:smuggrin:
I will not dredge up the past, and reveal past sins and what the spare bedroom contains,🚀🛩️✈️🚁🚁🕹️🕹️ but really i am trying, i only buy the essentials.........beleive me, i am only an addict, please see past my imperfections:borg:
AWESOMENESS!:ROFLMAO:

PLEASE DON'T DO WHAT I'VE DONE! OVER $60K between personal loans and credit card debt. I'm going to do the debt snowball so that hopefully I can be done with this ridiculous mess that I made in about 5 years or less. So NO MORE RC PARTS AND NO MORE RC VEHICLES! Because I've spent over $25k in just that since the middle of 2019. The RC stuff is cool, but you have to control yourself. I'm 46 and have a good job, so I'm still in time to clean up this mess. Please, control yourself. Don't buy too many rigs! You don't even enjoy them if you do it like I did 😢🔫. I'll be fine, but I'll have to spend ZERO money on anything. Including eating out, etc. I have to sacrifice so that I can get my life back! Sorry for the rant.
I told my wife about it. She has a headache now. But she took it well. I'm not going to do crazy things like refinance my house or bankruptcy. I'm not that desperate. Plus that is turning unsecured debt into secured debt for over 15 years or more! No thanks (the refinance thing)

Last edited:
PLEASE DON'T DO WHAT I'VE DONE! OVER $60K between personal loans and credit card debt. I'm going to do the debt snowball so that hopefully I can be done with this ridiculous mess that I made in about 5 years or less. So NO MORE RC PARTS AND NO MORE RC VEHICLES! Because I've spent over $25k in just that since the middle of 2019. The RC stuff is cool, but you have to control yourself. I'm 46 and have a good job, so I'm still in time to clean up this mess. Please, control yourself. Don't buy too many rigs! You don't even enjoy them if you do it like I did 😢🔫. I'll be fine, but I'll have to spend ZERO money on anything. Including eating out, etc. I have to sacrifice so that I can get my life back! Sorry for the rant.
At least your aware of the problem and headed in the right direction. It's easy to get caught up in the moment. Hang tough, it won't be easy but it is doable. (y)

At least your aware of the problem and headed in the right direction. It's easy to get caught up in the moment. Hang tough, it won't be easy but it is doable. (y)
I'm also going to get some counseling too. Thanks. I'm a shop a holic. It's just like drugs.

I understand. I really need to pause my purchases for a good while. Way too much spent. I just bought another vehicle from a member here. All I really need is a Max5 system for my O8S, and a max10 sct esc. Thats it. 🖐 no more rc purchases until at least April next year!

I understand. I really need to pause my purchases for a good while. Way too much spent. I just bought another vehicle from a member here. All I really need is a Max5 system for my O8S, and a max10 sct esc. Thats it. 🖐 no more rc purchases until at least April next year!
Moderation and self control. DON'T USE CREDIT FOR INSTANT GRATIFICATION. It's just a horrible idea to be paying 30% APR on credit cards every month. Common sense, but it's lost in the moment. I regret all those purchases. I'll be unloading some of my rigs. I already sold my almost new V2 Infraction. My second Mojave EXB is next. I just have to fix it up with new parts I have for it.

I've been there buddy. Not as much, but had over $30k in loan and cc debt about 15 years ago. I have told myself I will never live paycheck to paycheck again (and haven't!!). Took years but finally got out. Mainly promotions and raises at work helped a lot. Snowball effect works brilliantly if you stick to it and do it right. I dabbled in Financial planning for a year a long time ago, and that was the main advice we gave, snowball effect.

I currently have 2 credit cards and 1 store. Only use them for security/convenience and the rewards. 1 is specfic to my RC purchases only so I can keep track of my spending (it was just an emergency card). CC rewards pay for a lot of my RC stuff. I can justify my purchases by using the rewards. 99% of the time they are paid off every month. Gotta keep that credit score active/up.

It's tough but doable. We eliminated all the extras we had. Newspaper delivery, water bottle delivery, trash collection (just started taking directly to dump), cut some cable-we are tv addicts so that was a last resort option. Shopped at 4 different grocery stores just to get the best deals. It sucked, but had to be done.

You got this. Stay strong, keep the communication with the wifey open, set goals/steps for yourself that are attainable so when you reach each one you will have some satisfaction of progress..... that it's working.

Look into non-profit debt consolidation companies. There's some good/legit ones and bad ones, so do your research. They negotiate the unpaid balance for each creditor, then you send one payment to them and they disburse to your creditors. Also stops all collection calls. They really helped me the 1st time in my 20s when I did this. (Yes, I went throught this twice in my lifetime! 😔)

Hang in there!! The light at the end of the tunnel will be visible before you know it!! 😁✌️

Its not about only credit. Its really about spending too much. Pull down spending and increase saving.

Just like the saying goes (thanks to Bars & Tones for the sticker)
1659391911083.png

After reading some of these I feel horrible for even jokingly pressuring anyone. 🫤
Addictions are REAL!! ☹️

I try not to spend $$ on RC that’s not set aside/saved up specially for fun time..

Hi! I am Exc3l. I am just a kid and I like to spend lots of money already. After reading some of the latest posts I definitely need to stop but I do have to make a trip to the LHS to buy a glow plug and a pack of 35mm m3 screws. So currently I am 550+ into just my 3s Typhon now on 6s.
My 4s granite is probably 200 thanks to a member on here who donated me a couple of parts. Next, I have my pride and joy, the Outcast EXB. Let's just say I thought I got a good deal until I came and looked at my Jennys history....... Yes noot as bad as others on here but I also have easily 300 in Amazon orders and another 100 from a couple other venders and LHS
1659407372467.png

Amateur numbers 🤣😂
HAHAHA

For my Audio addiction, it's a Bigger issue.

I paid over $150 for each of these Fuses. There are many of them.
OrangeFuseHero2-1.jpg

$450 for this Power Cord and it was Used, the one I wanted was $1200 :-( and I need more than a few of them.
digacx1.jpg

These outlets are $200 each, I have a variety of them.
61Dwpn2WKYL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

I WANT THIS SUB. Actually I want 2 of them but....one at a time.
$3000 each. Plus $800 to cable it :rolleyes:

Black_S812_3_4_W_GrillWeb-1.png

I can go on and on...I don't share the cost of Audio with many. Certainly not my mother! She'd ask me if I was Stupid.

So, when I see people spending $1000, $2000, $3000 on a custom Kraton, I think sure. If thats what you want!
I picked up a used Rega Turntable for $700. It was a bargain. $3500 later Im almost done with it :giggle: Sounds so good and = Happy Ears.

We pick and choose and feed our addictions. RC Cars are no exception.

Last edited:
I've been there buddy. Not as much, but had over $30k in loan and cc debt about 15 years ago. I have told myself I will never live paycheck to paycheck again (and haven't!!). Took years but finally got out. Mainly promotions and raises at work helped a lot. Snowball effect works brilliantly if you stick to it and do it right. I dabbled in Financial planning for a year a long time ago, and that was the main advice we gave, snowball effect.

I currently have 2 credit cards and 1 store. Only use them for security/convenience and the rewards. 1 is specfic to my RC purchases only so I can keep track of my spending (it was just an emergency card). CC rewards pay for a lot of my RC stuff. I can justify my purchases by using the rewards. 99% of the time they are paid off every month. Gotta keep that credit score active/up.

It's tough but doable. We eliminated all the extras we had. Newspaper delivery, water bottle delivery, trash collection (just started taking directly to dump), cut some cable-we are tv addicts so that was a last resort option. Shopped at 4 different grocery stores just to get the best deals. It sucked, but had to be done.

You got this. Stay strong, keep the communication with the wifey open, set goals/steps for yourself that are attainable so when you reach each one you will have some satisfaction of progress..... that it's working.

Look into non-profit debt consolidation companies. There's some good/legit ones and bad ones, so do your research. They negotiate the unpaid balance for each creditor, then you send one payment to them and they disburse to your creditors. Also stops all collection calls. They really helped me the 1st time in my 20s when I did this. (Yes, I went throught this twice in my lifetime! 😔)

Hang in there!! The light at the end of the tunnel will be visible before you know it!! 😁✌️
I'm going to do it on my own. I researched the debt consolidation thing and it's not the way I want to go about it. I'll just be using my own money to do it. Luckily I have extra money to do it.

BTW, be very careful with those "debt consolidation" companies. They charge fees (the lowest I've seen is 15%) to negotiate with your creditors, but they tell you to stop making payments and to give them your money. That is just such bad advice. That destroys your credit completely and you could get sued by some of the companies that you owe money to. And even if they "settle" some of the debt, you could be hit with extra taxes. Why would anyone do this plan???

BTW, be very careful with those "debt consolidation" companies. They charge fees (the lowest I've seen is 15%) to negotiate with your creditors, but they tell you to stop making payments and to give them your money. That is just such bad advice. That destroys your credit completely and you could get sued by some of the companies that you owe money to. And even if they "settle" some of the debt, you could be hit with extra taxes. Why would anyone do this plan???
25 or so years ago it worked great for me in my early 20s. No negative effects whatsoever. But yea, that was 25 years ago when things were a little easier and people were nicer and the world wasn't turning into a sh!tshow yet!! :ROFLMAO:
I'm going to do it on my own. I researched the debt consolidation thing and it's not the way I want to go about it. I'll just be using my own money to do it. Luckily I have extra money to do it.
Best of luck to ya. You'll get through it! 😁 Stay positive and strong and pinch those pennies!! 👍😁🍻✌️

Ughh. My name is Jim and I am an rc’holic. In just six months I have amassed a fleet consisting of an Outcast 8s, 8s Kraton EXB, Sledge, and an XMaxx. Many include aftermarket upgrades and batteries that cost extra money.

The past six months and all the money spent has brought my whole family closer together. We frequently spend time bashing and working on our trucks. It’s been a real adventure and I have grown as a father and now grandfather.

Although I should probably spend less money, I wouldn’t take it back for anything.

Thank you for providing a venue for me and others like me to acknowledge my
AB0E8D65-AAD1-4434-A900-FFF7178BA09A.jpeg
AB0E8D65-AAD1-4434-A900-FFF7178BA09A.jpeg
F5D2970A-2FA8-4AC0-A60D-7B1A63C9CD03.jpeg
6844AB01-78C9-4C24-9CD5-60D5AC5F61D9.jpeg
67B776ED-D904-495A-A6D6-ED02D3C11565.jpeg
addiction.

Ughh. My name is Jim and I am an rc’holic. In just six months I have amassed a fleet consisting of an Outcast 8s, 8s Kraton EXB, Sledge, and an XMaxx. Many include aftermarket upgrades and batteries that cost extra money.

The past six months and all the money spent has brought my whole family closer together. We frequently spend time bashing and working on our trucks. It’s been a real adventure and I have grown as a father and now grandfather.

Although I should probably spend less money, I wouldn’t take it back for anything.

Thank you for providing a venue for me and others like me to acknowledge my View attachment 233628View attachment 233628View attachment 233630View attachment 233633View attachment 233634addiction.
Can we get some under the hood pics ?

How you like the Masher x's on the OC8s ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back