RC'ing with your kids?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbody300

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Talion EXB
hi guys - Who here is using RC'ing to bond with their kids? (while having the ability to spend money without your wife getting mad LOL - "its for the kids!")

I have been into RCs for a while, but over last 2 years my 2 sons got into it, been so awesome. Now they started their own youtube channel to document all the chaos, jumps, and repairs LOL.. https://www.youtube.com/@thecanadianrcboyz

If you haven't thought of getting your family involved into your passion - try it. It may stick!

Having so many RC's on the shelf for 30 years, my then young 4 yo son would always want to play with them. rolling them all over the house. When he got his first ToysR us remote toy car, He was all in and then realized all my models were remote controllable.
Now he is 13 and runs his own 1/7 Infr. , Noto and several other Hobby grade models. He drives better than I honestly. He is a Gamer, like most kids these days. They are fast and have great eye hand speed. Good to make them control something that is real and 3 dimensional, getting them out of the house.
Great family hobby for sure. A lot to be learned with RC'ing. The wrenching aspect and all.
Children have excellent eye hand coordination.They just need some supervison, and eventually they got it.
And it is much more fun bashing around with someone then always by yourself.
Doing it with family really makes RC more fun. (y)

Having so many RC's on the shelf for 30 years, my then young 4 yo son would always want to play with them. rolling them all over the house. When he got his first ToysR us remote toy car, He was all in and then realized all my models were remote controllable.
Now he is 13 and runs his own 1/7 Infr. , Noto and several other Hobby grade models. He drives better than I honestly. He is a Gamer, like most kids these days. They are fast and have great eye hand speed. Good to make them control something that is real and 3 dimensional, getting them out of the house.
Great family hobby for sure. A lot to be learned with RC'ing. The wrenching aspect and all.
Children have excellent eye hand coordination.They just need some supervison, and eventually they got it.
And it is much more fun bashing around with someone then always by yourself.
Doing it with family really makes RC more fun. (y)
Totally agree... those first few months was pricey for me though LOL.. but now with more skills - less repairs.

My son breaks his less, than I do mine now.:rolleyes:
Now I just need to make him wrench more.
But I still don't allow him to charge the lipos!
Working on all that....

:LOL:

I got back into RCs last year because I bought a few low budget bangood cars for my 6yo and 4yo. Built a small ramp and we all have a blast. Definitely agree with @bigbody300 here, the kids make it a blast. More repair work for me but i enjoy that side since this is all rtr now!

If the kids are happy with RC'ing, I feel like one again also. I agree.
I am into it more now, since my son shares it with me. He even has his own ideas and modding. Nice to see him think outside the box, about how they are built and how they feel driving them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back