Your life flashes before your eyes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crunchy is an exact metaphor, seeing how different people react. When I was " brain dead" for a short period, I actually felt quite peacefully. I recently had a quite massive stroke & I really remember my mother telling me to wake up, repeatedly. She said so, wake up. I finally woke up...
Dang Josh, I had no idea. I hope you’re all better, and I’m glad your still with us.

I personally don’t see anything wrong with a kid liking electronics. I loved electronics growing up as a kid. I did coding on my TI-83 calculator, and playing Command and Conquer on a computer I built using my dialup connection. Here I am, all these years later, still writing code and working on electronics. It really consumes my mind, so I work on enterprise hardware and software projects simultaneously, and love every minute of my job.

My dad was not about that life, every electronic device was taken. Sometimes I wonder if I still would've ended up in the same career path had I not had to fight so hard to be in it.
It's about moderation. If and when the Zombie Apocalypse happens, it pains me to say his group will be among the first to go. Simply because they will wander around, holding devices up while praying for a signal so they can Google "what to do during a zombie encounter".
And if your curious, number 1 would be "get the hell off your device and RUN". LOL
More seriously, the lines between reality and fantasy seem to be becoming more blurred. I personally believe that there is problem when one has more friends they never met than those they actually met and know. That's just me.

I personally believe that there is problem when one has more friends they never met than those they actually met and know. That's just me.
Hey it's not my fault all my online buddies are scattered all over the place, or we would have met by now. I get what your saying. Nobody go's outside anymore.

Hey it's not my fault all my online buddies are scattered all over the place, or we would have met by now. I get what your saying. Nobody go's outside anymore.
Glitch Feeling GIF by Sarah Zucker

Yeah and there is absolutely nothing wrong with knowing folks online. I know you via online but you're not on the same level as my actual friends, if that makes sense? More along the lines of associate or just someone I know of. It's more I worry that if they really understand that not everyone who appears nice to them online has their best interests at heart.

Dude

My eldest got sick , again today
On the ride to the pharmacy to get some meds and I look over and it appears he’s msging someone…

No big deal rite ….
On the way back to farm I see he is on the same msging background….
So I asked …..
“What you doin buddy “
oh it’s just this app where you msg AIs
Look ……
My brain thought of a lot of things to say at that moment …
Mostly cause I’m a lil confused…..

I realize all his friends are in school but I hope he knows he’s talking to a computer…

Man ……
Idk

Dude

My eldest got sick , again today
On the ride to the pharmacy to get some meds and I look over and it appears he’s msging someone…

No big deal rite ….
On the way back to farm I see he is on the same msging background….

So I asked …..
“What you doin buddy “
oh it’s just this app where you msg AIs
Look ……

My brain thought of a lot of things to say at that moment …
Mostly cause I’m a lil confused…..

I realize all his friends are in school but I hope he knows he’s talking to a computer…

Man ……
Idk

That's a slippery slope..

[Using/Conversing with A.i.s]
Once kids get hooked at a young age... It's going to real tough to wean them off it it.

Because 'them A.i.s' are getting really good at chat...

Ya…. I’m not super stoked about it …
He said he was asking the AI when Isaac Newton “invented” gravity??
I was like you friggin bone head no one invented gravity
He’s like no kidding dad ….

So I’m hoping he was doing it for fun but I’m gonna yank the apps thing
Fug it

He can be mad at me now if he wants .
I find it awkward to say the least .

Ya…. I’m not super stoked about it …
He said he was asking the AI when Isaac Newton “invented” gravity??
I was like you friggin bone head no one invented gravity
He’s like no kidding dad ….

So I’m hoping he was doing it for fun but I’m gonna yank the apps thing
Fug it

He can be mad at me now if he wants .
I find it awkward to say the least .

The "convenience" and easiness of just asking a 'brain machine' for -Answers, Knowledge or even possible Solution(S) is going to truly wreck our current young generation...

It's already Bad enough where youngsters think libraries are just places for storage of old books...
They're having a difficult time physically looking up a book... It's so last century to them.

They can't even figure out a table of contents.
Already they have difficulties in writing -by hand- with paper and pencil for more than a paragraph or two.

It was just revealed that Over 40% of the students in Texas schools failed the new hand writing portion of the standardized STAAR test...!!!

Kids relying on too many electronics conveniences..
Basic skills are out the window!
Can't even type on a fullsize keyboard properly anymore ,unless it's to use their thumbs to pick out a tweet...
🤦

Back