RCP’s Kronos XTR’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up a used XTR off OfferUp. its barely been used and has all the accessories and the spare body. There isn’t even a scratch on the chassis. I have the electronics already, stock esc/motor and a racestar 46kg brushless servo. I’ll post pictures when its all together.
I’ve been waiting for my LHS to get one but they’ve been out of stock. if they can’t cancel the order I guess I’ll have a backup…
I also have one of those AGF 36kg servos on my Kraton EXB and really like it. Although I do wish the programming of it worked on Mac also, having to get a windows pc just for RC programming is a pain.
Hurricane

Just picked up a used XTR off OfferUp. its barely been used and has all the accessories and the spare body. There isn’t even a scratch on the chassis. I have the electronics already, stock esc/motor and a racestar 46kg brushless servo. I’ll post pictures when its all together.
I’ve been waiting for my LHS to get one but they’ve been out of stock. if they can’t cancel the order I guess I’ll have a backup…
I also have one of those AGF 36kg servos on my Kraton EXB and really like it. Although I do wish the programming of it worked on Mac also, having to get a windows pc just for RC programming is a pain.
Hurricane
I knew you had your eyes on one, glad you finally got it! You’ll have to let me know your thoughts 😎

Anybody have any ideas on finding a company like M2C or similar to make some upgrade parts for these trucks. The 7075 parts corally makes are great, but they don't make certain parts like the front shock tower brace and steering rack which are prone to failure. I'd be happy to pay for an M2C chassis and the aforementioned parts and im sure I'm not the only one.

Anybody have any ideas on finding a company like M2C or similar to make some upgrade parts for these trucks. The 7075 parts corally makes are great, but they don't make certain parts like the front shock tower brace and steering rack which are prone to failure. I'd be happy to pay for an M2C chassis and the aforementioned parts and im sure I'm not the only one.
I agree, I reached out to Mitch and his response was short and sweet, “we don’t have any plans for parts on Corally cars at this time ” 🤷🏻‍♂️ Not really a yes or no.. but no not in our thoughts currently.

Maybe if enough people reached out they’d start making some, or maybe even a batch. I have no idea what kinda time goes into the development and production of a new design.. so not sure what his break even point would be on unit numbers… @Mitchell looper , any insight on this? Thank you. :)

I agree, I reached out to Mitch and his response was short and sweet, “we don’t have any plans for parts on Corally cars” 🤷🏻‍♂️ Not really a yes or no.. but no not in our thoughts currently.
It could be possible that they have some sort of relationship with Arrma/Horizon that gives them perks and making parts for the competition might cause problems. I know Team Corally is nowhere near as big as Arrma but let's be honest, their RTR basher lineup is like a carbon copy of Arrma's🤣🤣 with the exception of SCT's. The XTR is definitely a capable truck, but the lack of an aftermarket hurts.
Hurricane
I've never had a programmable servo before, what are the benefits and what types of things are you programming that can't be adjusted via the transmitter?

Yesssss!
6A8C7BD5-81A9-4A5B-A7C5-82AB690B8293.png

So I THOUGHT The front CVD's would work on the rear and because they are slightly thicker, and cheaper on Jenny's, it was a win win.
Well NVM that didn't work!! Haha
When the diff cup channels are in the vertical position, the pins will slam against cups when suspension is compressed. Ask me how I know🤣

Last edited:
That front brace would take some doing tomake. You cant just cut it out of a piece of bar stock on a milling center. Almost needs to be two pieces.

That front brace would take some doing tomake. You cant just cut it out of a piece of bar stock on a milling center. Almost needs to be two pieces.
I’ve seen the magic you can do with your parts.. wanna make some!? I’ll pay and everything

I’ve seen the magic you can do with your parts.. wanna make some!? I’ll pay and everything
I don't wanna speak to soon but I've been talking with a local company who say they can reproduce a few parts in aluminum based off 3D scans. If I could get the CAD files it would be a whole lot easier, there's plenty of companies(xometry, etc) that will make you small batch prototypes in the material of your choice in the hopes you'll place a large order. Trying to find someone to 3d scan and reproduce is a challenge. I'll keep ya posted

Thanks, but it takes me so long to make anything. My machines are old, with not even power feed or digital read outs. Just not equipped to make any kind of volume.
I don't wanna speak to soon but I've been talking with a local company who say they can reproduce a few parts in aluminum based off 3D scans. If I could get the CAD files it would be a whole lot easier, there's plenty of companies(xometry, etc) that will make you small batch prototypes in the material of your choice in the hopes you'll place a large order. Trying to find someone to 3d scan and reproduce is a challenge. I'll keep ya posted
3d scan would be ideal. It's a complex part and to make it (front brace) out of one piece it starts out a pretty big chunk. Machinging time will be long as well as several operations depending on what equipment a shop has. The arrma braces are easier. Just cut them out of flat stock and drill/tap a couple wholes.

If I was to make it I would make a piece to bolt to the tower with body mounts and key my brace to it and the lower one. Just easier and cheaper for it to be two pieces to me.
I think the best place to ask for this part in 7075 is team corally

Last edited:
Thanks, but it takes me so long to make anything. My machines are old, with not even power feed or digital read outs. Just not equipped to make any kind of volume.

3d scan would be ideal. It's a complex part and to make it (front brace) out of one piece it starts out a pretty big chunk. Machinging time will be long as well as several operations depending on what equipment a shop has. The arrma braces are easier. Just cut them out of flat stock and drill/tap a couple wholes.

If I was to make it I would make a piece to bolt to the tower with body mounts and key my brace to it and the lower one. Just easier and cheaper for it to be two pieces to me.
I think the best place to ask for this part in 7075 is team corally
Would be nice if they made it to begin with. If you could make it, I'd pay. 2 pieces or not if it's stronger than the composite piece I'm all for it.

Would be nice if they made it to begin with. If you could make it, I'd pay. 2 pieces or not if it's stronger than the composite piece I'm all for it.
I would also be in for a couple parts to help defer/share costs.

Got to run mine for the first time today. Fun truck!

Hurricane

@Rcproponent why did you use the 4092 over the 4585?
The 1800kv 4585 just came back in stock, which is what I was originally gonna get before I bought the 1730kv 4092. I know the 70kv difference isn't much. But that increase in "Girth" 😂 should keep Temps down and torque stronger than the 4092 no? Just trying to get a little insight

@Rcproponent why did you use the 4092 over the 4585?
The 1800kv 4585 just came back in stock, which is what I was originally gonna get before I bought the 1730kv 4092. I know the 70kv difference isn't much. But that increase in "Girth" 😂 should keep Temps down and torque stronger than the 4092 no? Just trying to get a little insight
Honestly I like the power delivery of the 4092… seems like it has a little bit longer legs… plus with the weight more evenly distributed I guess it was just a gut call… also, the 4092 you don’t have to shave your side skirts down and take out the beauty washers.. I have the 4585 on the shelf, it might find its way back on there to see the difference after awhile.

Honestly I like the power delivery of the 4092… seems like it has a little bit longer legs… plus with the weight more evenly distributed I guess it was just a gut call… also, the 4092 you don’t have to shave your side skirts down and take out the beauty washers.. I have the 4585 on the shelf, it might find its way back on there to see the difference after awhile.
Heats not an issue? How do you have it geared. What Punch setting on the max6?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back