RCP’s Kronos XTR’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heats not an issue? How do you have it geared. What Punch setting on the max6?
Honestly with how the gearing is on the diffs I have a 17t on and it screams. I didn’t have a heat issue but the climate in the PMW is pretty mild, and I never run my rigs more than 1 pack. I never saw an over temp.. might have gotten close to 180 but hey that’s perfect to me. Right on the edge. Pretty sure the max6 is box stock. Didn’t mess with settings yet. I love a set of katars on em too, made it handle a bit nicer. 🤷🏻‍♂️

So I had a sit down with the engineer at a local fab /machine shop that does this type of work. I brought him the front tower brace to look at because I know that's the most difficult part to make. We talked about redesigning it for simplicity/strength and they plan on getting back to me with a quote. I plan to take them some of the other parts that need work(chassis,hingepin holders, pins, possibly the gearbox). My question to you guys is, do you think there would be enough demand if I ordered say 50 of each part(assuming the pricing/quality is comparable to similar products) and do you have any suggestions on other upgrades. LMK

Ps. Im just doing this because I have a poop ton of free time. I was in a bad motorcycle accident last September and currently can't work in my profession. So I'm bored as fiddlestick lmao. If they're able to make the parts of good quality I will sell them basically at cost.

alright boys, finally got this thing out for a rip… it’s been awhile.. kind of a boring one like the Mojave video I just posted… forgot to grab my ramp before I left 🤦🏻‍♂️

link:

So I had a sit down with the engineer at a local fab /machine shop that does this type of work. I brought him the front tower brace to look at because I know that's the most difficult part to make. We talked about redesigning it for simplicity/strength and they plan on getting back to me with a quote. I plan to take them some of the other parts that need work(chassis,hingepin holders, pins, possibly the gearbox). My question to you guys is, do you think there would be enough demand if I ordered say 50 of each part(assuming the pricing/quality is comparable to similar products) and do you have any suggestions on other upgrades. LMK

Ps. Im just doing this because I have a poop ton of free time. I was in a bad motorcycle accident last September and currently can't work in my profession. So I'm bored as fiddlestick lmao. If they're able to make the parts of good quality I will sell them basically at cost.
any updates or price points on this bud? Thanks for looking into this for us 😎🤘🏻

Modellbau Metz
1625675891032.png

MLine Alutuning 7075 Lenkgetriebe / Lenkplatte für Corally Kronos, Python, Dementor, Jambo, Radix, Shogun

Sorry to dig up an old thread but as you being a owner of both I think your a good person to ask. I’m about to get in the hobby and struggling with the Kraton and Kronos rollers. I was wondering which you think is the better truck after almost a year now? I also live in Germany if that would make the decision super simple. All the m2c, Eddie’s bearings, and other upgraded parts are super expensive and a pain to find since there all American companies.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but as you being a owner of both I think your a good person to ask. I’m about to get in the hobby and struggling with the Kraton and Kronos rollers. I was wondering which you think is the better truck after almost a year now? I also live in Germany if that would make the decision super simple. All the m2c, Eddie’s bearings, and other upgraded parts are super expensive and a pain to find since there all American companies.

Thanks and Happy New Year.
Hey how’s it going! No need to be sorry it’s what this place is here for!

If parts availability Is going to be an issue with the arrma stuff and Corally is readily available to you the choice has gotta be the xtr! I love mine.. there are some weak points with them but there is with any vehicle and they are starting to get lots of better parts for those weak spots!

Happy New Years and if you have any more questions just ask! :)

If parts availability Is going to be an issue with the arrma stuff and Corally is readily available to you the choice has gotta be the xtr! I love mine.. there are some weak points with them but there is with any vehicle and they are starting to get lots of better parts for those weak spots!

I can get the Kraton parts, but a lot of those small shop custom ones like jennyrc is a no go here. What would you go with if getting parts for either wasn’t a problem? I’m not in a super hurry to get one in winter and wonder if either company comes with a new version in March-ish or if it’s not a yearly update type thing.

I can get the Kraton parts, but a lot of those small shop custom ones like jennyrc is a no go here. What would you go with if getting parts for either wasn’t a problem? I’m not in a super hurry to get one in winter and wonder if either company comes with a new version in March-ish or if it’s not a yearly update type thing.
If I had to choose just one, I’d probably pick the kraton EXB. I fell like it’s a little bit more durable.. and honestly I love the looks of the kraton EXB too.

IIRC, you broke the center carbon chassis brace. They make a 7075 part now in case you want a stronger piece.
https://www.corally.com/Nouveautes/...6-3mm-Hard-Anodised-Black-Made-in-Italy-1-pc/

Thanks a lot. I think I’m just gonna go with who comes with the next version first. Already seen some of the pictures for the Kronos out. View attachment 189945

Whoah. That looks frickin' awesome. I actually just broke some Corally shock pistons in my Maxx today, so nice to see they increased the size of the pistons!

That’s looks like they improved on everything with the truck that had a issue. This will definitely be a tough contender to any basher in the market! Interested in it for sure. I had a V1 Kronos but sold it it was not good for me. I have to say parts support in Canada is pretty good though for Corally which was suprising

Sorry if it feels I’m hijacking the thread. Just don’t know where else to share. Having such a hard time deciding which in the end is a good thing I guess.

View attachment 190158
Not to worry bud! This place is for sharing.. 👍🏻😎 thanks for spreading the word💪🏻👊🏻 Sounds like this new one is gonna by badace!
I really hope it comes with all those parts. They better not pull an arrma play book and everything is an option.
that would suck! But I have a feeling Corally will hook it up 💪🏻😎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back