Limitless Rear CVD Driveshaft conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmoM3

Weekend Track Junkie
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
I was searching and researching for awhile and couldn't find a solid answer to this:

"Is there a CVD driveshaft or axle with the holes that line up with the offset of the rear hex?"

For those of you in the know, the rear 17mm hex has an offset to widen out the rear track and doing so require a different rear axle with the hole closer to the outer edge vs. the front axle that's closer to the inner hub. Is there a particular part that's available where I can continue to maintain this rear track width without switching to the front axle and using the front CVDs?

I was searching and researching for awhile and couldn't find a solid answer to this:

"Is there a CVD driveshaft or axle with the holes that line up with the offset of the rear hex?"

For those of you in the know, the rear 17mm hex has an offset to widen out the rear track and doing so require a different rear axle with the hole closer to the outer edge vs. the front axle that's closer to the inner hub. Is there a particular part that's available where I can continue to maintain this rear track width without switching to the front axle and using the front CVDs?
The rear for a v2 limitless is ar310488.

Sorry, just not sure what your asking for. Pics would help

I kinda think that I understand what you're asking, because I was recently looking into something similar. Building my Infraction, I bought a set of Blk EXB 17mm hexes because I didn't want to use the red ones (IDK, OCD personal preference lol). The offset on the 6s EXB hexes were about 3mm off iirc to install the holder pin. SO, I did some digging just to understand and found out that and the Infraction (Lim1 Id imagine too) rear, outer drive cups (8X36mm) are 3mm shorter than the Lim2 (8X39mm) same cups. The front drive cups are indentical. My fault for assuming that the 6s hexes were all standard fitment as are a bunch of other parts. Then it got me thinking, could I widen the track 3mm F&R just by using the Lim2 rear outer drive cups and the Tailon front outer drive cups as they are 3mm wider then Lim/Inf/Fel front outer drive cups, 8X33.5mm vs 8X36.5mm.

IDK if I answered your question, or helped in any way...

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you want to convert your rear to CVDs as you have on the front but, what you're looking for is these guys here (circled in the image below) but with the cross pin holes set further outward to accommodate the Lim V2 hubs that give you a little extra track width. Am I tracking with you so far?
1707504340700.png

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you want to convert your rear to CVDs as you have on the front but, what you're looking for is these guys here (circled in the image below) but with the cross pin holes set further outward to accommodate the Lim V2 hubs that give you a little extra track width. Am I tracking with you so far?
View attachment 347522
Exactly :D

Well, unfortunately I don't know if someone already makes CVD rear axles for the Lim V2 or not. Scorched doesn't appear to so, either someone else who has already done this conversion can jump in and lend a hand, or, in case they don't exist you have two options (that I can see just shootin' from the hip). Either you use a set of the front CVDs including the axles and just drill a 2nd hole at the appropriate position for the cross pin or you use a set of the front CVDs as in our previous example and pick up a pair of aftermarket wheel hexes that give you a 6mm bump in track width but are designed to work with the standard cross pin position. Pick your poison. Either wait or Jerry rig.

Edit: Wait, there's a third option. Test your Google-Fu and see if them's they're out there. :)

Well, says in your signature that you have a Tailon EXB... Pull off the front outer drive cup and see how far it is off by putting it on the rear of your Lim. Talion is 8X36.5 (vs 39mm oem rears on Lim2) and then use M2C +5mm offset Hex's as they are drilled for both offsets across the Arrma 6s line (it appears that's the case from the pics on the site).

Seems like a lot of trouble for what, what do you gain by doing this?

Seems like a lot of trouble for what, what do you gain by doing this?
Lots of people prefer running CVDs on all four corners, I suspect, in order to eliminate the slop/lateral vibration you find in your typical dog bone outdrive setup (yes, I realize there are other ways of solving this issue that doesn't necessitate switching to CVDs, I still run dog bones in back myself and don't have any such issues). I could be wrong and that there's another reason why but, that's what I'd say if I had to hazard an educated guess.

Back