Outcast Rear diff case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainHiker

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I can't get the rear end if my outcast put back together, after having to change the out drive pinion gear. It exploded and truck has been sitting cuz I'm not very patient. The differential is crooked I side the whole case. Is it supposed to be?

Can you take a few pictures so we can see what the issue might be? It's difficult to visualize what's going on

If you're looking at the rear make sure the diff is installed so that the crown/ring gear is positioned on the left side of the diff pinion and you don't have it flipped around the opposite direction

This is all I can do. It doesn't even look crooked. It's rubbing the case, though.

Attachments

• 15451512729872029542382.jpg
    15451512729872029542382.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 100
If you're looking at the rear make sure the diff is installed so that the crown/ring gear is positioned on the left side of the diff pinion and you don't have it flipped around the opposite direction

I have no idea what a crown or ring gear is. But I think I understand. The large differential needs to fit into the groove on the chassis. Correct? I've got that, but the diff won't sit straight, inside the case.

For beginners , I would assemble the diff case back to the rest of the truck before I started messing with fitting the diff in.

I've been trying that too. The 4 holes on the chassis aren't lining up. They keep cross threading. Thanks anyways, but I'm getting rid of it. I'll never buy arrma again.

I've been trying that too. The 4 holes on the chassis aren't lining up. They keep cross threading. Thanks anyways, but I'm getting rid of it. I'll never buy arrma again.

Arrma is probably one of the easiest brands to work on. You probably will have a hard time with any other brand. But this isn't a hobby for the impatient and no use getting frustrated. It's supposed to be fun and of it isn't I don't blame you for moving on. Sorry we couldn't help.

Is the shim that is on the outside of the bearing on the left (ring gear side) outdrive not in the slot or stuck under the bearing and keeping the bearing from seating in the groove?

TT

Traxxas was easier then this, and I didn't blow a gear in 3 days of driving. Nice try.

Hey man, no need to get bent. I wasn't "trying" anything. Arrma is known for two things: durability and ease of maintenance. I don't think there is much of a debate on that, especially with the 6s trucks. I don't own stock in Arrma or Horizon, so I honestly don"t care what you buy. Peace.

Another thought, you said the diff pinion exploded, it looks like there is quite a bit of grease in the lower right corner of the pic, could there be a chuck of the old gear or something stuck in the grease that is preventing it from sliding into place?

Push the 2 bearings together then slide the diff assembly into the housing using the U shaped grooves. That's where you're going wrong. Nothing is broken you just haven't figured out how to reassemble it back correctly yet. Patience, you'll get it.

There's your problem
IMG_8483.PNG

The bearing isn't seated in the channel correctly

Here's an older picture back when I was shimming the diff pinions
IMG_8482.PNG

Notice that you can only catch a glimpse of the inner most part of the bearings

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back