Rebuild not build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarryWilson

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I picked up 2 used Senton 3s' off ebay. I got to drive the one rtr for about 3 mins then a wheel fell off. So I did some looking on here for what a stock setup is then added my own twist. I put 40wt oil in the shocks, 20k dif front and 10k rear. I had to look at the exploded view to figure how to get those bloody shocks apart lol. I found the tool in the spare parts bag. All the screws loktited, and even though I bought spares the only issue I had was the plastic is stripped for the 1 small bolt in the bottom of chassis to the dif case. Minor issue I will attack next time I rip this thing apart. Now the second one should go much faster being my first time stripping this one down
20230218_172314[1].jpg

20230218_172301[1].jpg

20230301_171811[1].jpg

20230301_171819[1].jpg

20230301_171824[1].jpg

I picked up 2 used Senton 3s' off ebay. I got to drive the one rtr for about 3 mins then a wheel fell off. So I did some looking on here for what a stock setup is then added my own twist. I put 40wt oil in the shocks, 20k dif front and 10k rear. I had to look at the exploded view to figure how to get those bloody shocks apart lol. I found the tool in the spare parts bag. All the screws loktited, and even though I bought spares the only issue I had was the plastic is stripped for the 1 small bolt in the bottom of chassis to the dif case. Minor issue I will attack next time I rip this thing apart. Now the second one should go much faster being my first time stripping this one downView attachment 282235

View attachment 282236

View attachment 282237

View attachment 282238

View attachment 282239
2 Sentons! Looks like fun...git r dun!

Picked up a good deal 👍

Watch those tires shredding themselves against the body shell though.. Those tires tend to balloon when you hit max speeds.

Also, check and recalibrate those steering & throttle endpoints.

Have Fun!
You are going to have a Blast!!

2 Sentons! Looks like fun...git r dun!
One is done and ready for the track. I already know I want to upgrade the shocks and turnbuckles
Picked up a good deal 👍

Watch those tires shredding themselves against the body shell though.. Those tires tend to balloon when you hit max speeds.

Also, check and recalibrate those steering & throttle endpoints.

Have Fun!
You are going to have a Blast!!
ya I setup the radio first thing and I am just running 2s as the track is quite small. 40wt shock oil all around and the front seems softer. Are the front piston holes larger than the rear? It's raining out tonight so should wash some of this snow away. Can't wait to run some laps. Buddy has a really nice track in his back yard with a driver's stand and work area. Hell he even has lights. I like driving on tracks but I have been out of the scene for 20 yrs.

One is done and ready for the track. I already know I want to upgrade the shocks and turnbuckles

ya I setup the radio first thing and I am just running 2s as the track is quite small. 40wt shock oil all around and the front seems softer. Are the front piston holes larger than the rear? It's raining out tonight so should wash some of this snow away. Can't wait to run some laps. Buddy has a really nice track in his back yard with a driver's stand and work area. Hell he even has lights.

Your buddy's track sounds like one of our members @Smilinbri track.

I like driving on tracks but I have been out of the scene for 20 yrs.

Hey. Perfect timing..
It's a great time to get back into those Awesome hobby!
You just scratched the surface...

I started with 2 Granite 3S's just over a year ago..
Look how far I've dug down into the rabbit hole.
12 Arrmas and counting..

Your buddy's track sounds like one of our members @Smilinbri track.

Hey. Perfect timing..
It's a great time to get back into those Awesome hobby!
You just scratched the surface...

I started with 2 Granite 3S's just over a year ago..
Look how far I've dug down into the rabbit hole.
12 Arrmas and counting..
Oh no. my last obsession was 5th scales. I just wanted something to go play once in a while and I always liked SC trucks. I almost got a slash but I got 2 rc's for the price of 1 and the second one just needed mud guards and centre shaft bearing. I can let one of my buds drive one of them until they get an rc to come play... I have 6 guitars (2 are midi), bass, ukulele, mandolin, octave mandolin and 2 full gigging setups. I turned my other hobby into a full time job. I won't get too seriously back into the hobby, just to have some fun. Bring a second rc in case I break something and don't feel like fixing at the track haha

Oh and I also brew beer and have a motorcycle in here. My man cave is also a recording studio so I have to fight to find room just for these 2 LOL

Man of Many talents!

Custom Beer 🍻

Ok, I rebuilt the red one today. I did the exact same setup and now I am sure the shock pistons in front have larger holes because they are softer up front with 40wt oil all around as well. Guess I will have to land back wheels first off jumps haha. I was missing one setscrew for a wheel hex (none in the screw kit I bought but I have lots of pins). I haven't tested the electronics yet on this one but it did have the spring in the slipper that apparently was missing from the blue one. I've seen slipper setups that are easier to adjust. I think that will be another upgrade.

Some updates. I got some blue anodized threaded body shocks. Seem decent. No shock bladders but I have filled this kind before. End on the shafts are a bit loose to the shafts so I might have to put a dab of ca in them to make sure they don't fall off while driving. Also got a metal ball kit and did all the rods. even came with some for the shocks so I'll either transfer these to the red truck or save as spares. I did get an alloy slipper/spur but the anodized spline was bent and am trying to work with the seller on a solution. and bought a package of parts trays and spares. pretty much good to go now

20230315_194055[1].jpg

20230315_194106[1].jpg

20230315_194120[1].jpg

20230315_194136[1].jpg

20230315_194348[1].jpg

Coming along nicely! Just replaced all pivot balls in my Senton also. Like the blue shocks!
Got them off amazon. $48 cdn incl shipping. Figured I'd gamble. They have red and a kind of purple as well. We will see how they hold up before I get another set. I disliked those stock shocks LOL. I grabbed stock arms, c hubs, uprights, hinge pins, dif covers, wheel nuts, screws, setscrews... stuff I figured would break. I was hoping the slipper would have worked because it was externally adjustable and a steel spur. we will see.... but hey I am fighting with Fender over a warranty issue too... they said only ` year warranty... ya bought this 9 months ago. so replace the part. grrr.

Got them off amazon. $48 cdn incl shipping. Figured I'd gamble. They have red and a kind of purple as well. We will see how they hold up before I get another set. I disliked those stock shocks LOL. I grabbed stock arms, c hubs, uprights, hinge pins, dif covers, wheel nuts, screws, setscrews... stuff I figured would break. I was hoping the slipper would have worked because it was externally adjustable and a steel spur. we will see.... but hey I am fighting with Fender over a warranty issue too... they said only ` year warranty... ya bought this 9 months ago. so replace the part. grrr.
Let us know how the new shocks hold up. Always preferred ones like those with adjustable shock collars.

With 40wt oil they feel good and even. The front shocks I have the collars all the way up but no battery in or body on. Pretty sure the stock springs would fit too. They are smooth. Weather has turned good here so I should be able to get out to the track soon

Well I ordered a set of the red shocks for the red truck and the aluminum ball ends. also 4 proper batteries with the right plugs. I've been working like a madman the last while (musician) so haven't really been to the track. I use 2s lipos with my music gear. I over discharged 2 of them and they puffed. I bought 2 more 6000 mah and a couple 8200 mah so I have some for every length of gig now. Took some learning. So I just bought 4 packs that are specific to the rc so I don't have to use adapters, other than charging them. Monday and Tuesday a buddy and I are taking these up to the big race track. It might be a bit dusty but we are going to thrash them and see how they hold up

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back