Notorious My Notorius build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Just unboxed it yesterday. Came with the new Spektrum 665 servo/25t horn & black/grey Firma 150a esc. Planning to run stock esc/motor, should be plenty of power so I'll run it as long as power and temps are good.

Starting out will be a few changes and a handful of upgrades I know I want already.
Will start working on a few things today, but most of my parts are supposed to be delivered tomorrow and Tuesday. So far, my plan is the following:

- remove excess stickers on body and reinforce stock body with a few strips of gorilla tape (already done :cool:)

- Basherqueen towers with 4mm hardened standoffs

- Arrma metal center diff case, change diff fluids to 30/500/20 and use Mugen internal shims

- Talion EXB front bumper/Fireteam rear bumper, remove wing

- Hobbystar servo and aluminum servo mount

- swap Spektrum s315 for a DumboRC receiver

- aluminum suspension mounts and center chassis braces

- aluminum center diff mount/cover

- GPM 7075 aluminum motor mount

- cut kydex rear mud guards

Thats everything I've got planned so far. Its rainy season here in the PNW so not sure when I'll get a chance to use it for the first time.

All of that should have it ready for some pretty hard bashing. Should be fun.😎

1000005041.jpg

Removed excess stickers:
1000005042.jpg

Last edited:
Love a Notorious. I got one I've done many mods to as well. The servo (I did 40kg) w aluminum mount & bellcrank really changed the characteristics. Its a beast! I went w 60/375/30 in all 3 aluminum Arrma diffs. Woke it up!
Few pics

Attachments

• 20230603_164724.jpg
    20230603_164724.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20231015_172017.jpg
    20231015_172017.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230521_190921.jpg
    20230521_190921.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230804_152727.jpg
    20230804_152727.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
That's pretty good! My 150a is locked on 6v BEC. Spektrum website says it'll do 6 or 7.2. But it won't. I bet mine is not LV protection either
You'll enjoy the hell out of it. I do mine. Out of box (my version) wasn't to good on steering responsiveness. After I did my upgrades it's a boss. Handles like a race buggy. Maybe those new servos will be fine!

Last edited:
Got a good bit done yesterday. I'm stuck between wanting to take my time enjoying the build vs. wanting to get this sucker finished so I can bash it before rainy weather moves back in, lol. The aluminum center diff mount I ordered got stuck at the post office a couple of days but is out for delivery today so that will let me finish up today. Here's what I did yesterday:

- went through all 3 diffs, center was about 1/4 full, front and rear about 3/4 full. Rebuilt the center diff with Arrma metal diff case and installed Mugen shims in all 3 diffs. Decided to start out running 50/500/20 and see how I like that.
1000005052.jpg

- installed Basherqueen CF towers and attached shocks with 4mm hardened standoffs and aluminum pillow balls. Added shock oil to top off rear shocks.
1000005055.jpg

- installed new aluminum servo saver tube with adjustable spring tension. Added Basherqueen CF ackerman bar and steering plates since I already had them
1000005056.jpg

- installed aluminum suspension mounts all around, lower are all silver, front upper is black
1000005058.jpg

Just a few remaining things to do: servo and servo mount, 7075 motor mount, aluminum diff mount &cover, center braces, motor support, and bumpers
1000005061.jpg

Moving along with this one. Got the new servo/servo mount installed. Also installed the aluminum center diff mount/cover and GPM 7075 motor mount.
Only issue is the motor mount doesn't slide in far enough for the stock 12t pinion to mesh with the spur enough. I ordered a 13t &14t and for now put a 15t on as its the smallest I have. Also ordered m4 cap screws for the slider, those button heads stip too easy, learned that on my Typhon, lol.
1000005065.jpg

1000005066.jpg

1000005067.jpg

Had some black 17mm closed hex nuts
so I threw them on to give the fully blacked out wheel look...
1000005069.jpg

Just waiting for some mounts for the Fireteam & Talion bumpers and I should get a chance to bash it this weekend.

Got the RC Jun Backflips glued with IC2000 tire glue and hub adapters installed. The adapters are way more solid than any other hub adapters I've used so no worries about durability. Tire material also feels slightly thicker and more firm than dBoots.
1000005234.jpg

1000005231.jpg

Aluminum rear hubs with larger inner bearings now also installed. Pretty much got all the upgrades I plan to do until something breaks.😎
1000005232.jpg

Got the RC Jun Backflips glued with IC2000 tire glue and hub adapters installed. The adapters are way more solid than any other hub adapters I've used so no worries about durability. Tire material also feels slightly thicker and more firm than dBoots.
View attachment 339169
View attachment 339170

Aluminum rear hubs with larger inner bearings now also installed. Pretty much got all the upgrades I plan to do until something breaks.😎View attachment 339171
I missed this thread somehow. You just built a very well set up NOTO, man. Nice work. I’m digging those tires , too.
My search is coming up empty. Would you kindly share a link to those tires?

Last edited:
I missed this thread somehow. You just built a very well set up NOTO, man. Nice work. I’m digging those tires , too.
My search is coming up empty. Would you kindly share a link to those tires?

Thanks, really happy with how everything turned out so far. Tires wee on Amazon, they usually have a 10% off coupon so a little under $50. Have to be glued, but I don't mind since I can make sure its done right.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CF13WVMJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

View attachment 339169
View attachment 339170

Aluminum rear hubs with larger inner bearings now also installed. Pretty much got all the upgrades I plan to do until something breaks.😎View attachment 339171
How the aluminum rear hubs doing? Good fit? Where did you get them/brand?

- installed new aluminum servo saver tube with adjustable spring tension.
When you installed the adjustable servo saver tube did you reuse the stock spring?..... I found I still had no steering on my Outcast 6s until I replaced the spring with a stiffer one. And because I have extra large tires on it, that wasn't enough, I had to put on an aluminum bell crank so that I could tighten things up enough for good performance.

Got them from Monsterkingz on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334106624131

I had to dremel a small amount of the top inside edge to get the camber link to drop in between the screw holes on one side, everything else fit just right.

Still haven't bashed with it other than a couple of 4s parking lot runs with the Backflip LPs. Handled good for a first run, definitely a different feel with the SWB, I thought it was pretty fun.

I used the stock spring on the servo saver at first but tried it a few times with the new servo just sitting on the table and felt a little off, put the stiffer spring in and I like it better.

Pavement was damp, seemed to spin easy enough the front wheels didn't pop up too easy. Everything felt pretty smooth, just looking forward to better weather & longer days so I can get it off road.

Thanks! I have actually been looking at those exact ones there for my build. I thought those were it from the pictures. Think I'll grab a set. If you bash it some more let us know how it goes! Looks great

Ran my Notorious on Saturday attempting to do stunts with a small cheap ramp I built for my Typhon a while back. Not the best ramp, didn't have a good time and not ready to spend a bunch on a KC Ramp right now. Took it out again today and just bashed around on 4s with Backflip LPs, had a great time! Wasn't sure what I would think since I had ramps and flips in mind when I bought this rig, but bashing around without stunts is a lot more fun than I expected, handled really good.

Ran my Notorious on Saturday attempting to do stunts with a small cheap ramp I built for my Typhon a while back. Not the best ramp, didn't have a good time and not ready to spend a bunch on a KC Ramp right now. Took it out again today and just bashed around on 4s with Backflip LPs, had a great time! Wasn't sure what I would think since I had ramps and flips in mind when I bought this rig, but bashing around without stunts is a lot more fun than I expected, handled really good.
I've found a 4s battery is much better in my Notorious. And 375k center fluid. It is a fun stunt truck & glad you had fun!

Back