Felony REBUILD OR By A new One!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
Is it better to by a new Rc or rebuild one? Like for example I have a Felony and it's still pretty fresh! Would it be cheaper to rebuild one or just by a new one? Any body know the price difference in buying a new to completely rebuilding one?

What do you mean by "completely rebuilding"? If you're talking about re-buying every part, then buying a complete Felony is the cheapest. Even if you buy every part to build a new Felony from a kit breaker, that would be about 2X the cost of buying a complete Felony. If you're talking about specific components, then buying them from a kit breaker is cheaper than buying parts at retail.

What do you mean by "completely rebuilding"? If you're talking about re-buying every part, then buying a complete Felony is the cheapest. Even if you buy every part to build a new Felony from a kit breaker, that would be about 2X the cost of buying a complete Felony. If you're talking about specific components, then buying them from a kit breaker is cheaper than buying parts at retail.
Yeah 2-3X as much sounds about right, even buying from a kit breaker is around 1.5x more if you wanted everything.

I am about to rebuild my v4 m2c'ed kraton will replace all diffs and housings all bearings and all driveshafts I get all parts of ebay of kit breakers should cost about 230 pounds

Buy another and slowly rebuild the broken one.

Depends on what you truly enjoy doing.. Do you like to wrench?
If so, go buy all the parts and build from scratch.

If not, then go get a new Infraction ;)

I'd say cheaper to rebuild. BUT its a lot more rewarding to build from scratch. My reason is that there's always something that you either don't like or want to improve on any car you buy RTR (even when rebuilding). Building from scratch gives you the ultimate control in customizing a car to YOUR dreams. Even if the things you try don't work the way you plan you can always experiment and try other things. This is one of the reasons this hobby is so great...it gets your creative juices going.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back