Outcast Reentering the hobby and I want an Outcast 4S v2.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 6S some years ago and spent so much money upgrading it to an almost EXB. I loved the truck but I sold it some day because I had no time to drive it nowadays.
I want to avoid spending so much money (at least for now), so I am looking at a special price point and the 4S line got so much good feedback so I considered them as my go to for now.

The New 4S v2.5 with it's new center diffs will give you the handling performance nearly as close to a 6S that you've experienced before.

And if the Outcast is too wheelie prone for you..
You can easily swap to the Long chassis of the Kraton 4S (XLWB) or even the Hardier Mojave 4s chassis (XXLWB)!

So it's a solid investment and gives you plenty of options. 👊

Guys, I have changed my order (it was not shipped yes so it was possible in the last second) and put the hit button on the Kraton (and the m2c bar for it).

In the end I think the Kraton suits my "driving style" better - but believe me, it was a very hard dicision as I really like the Outcast a lot, especially the look of it (lol) and what it is able to do.

But I am really sure that I will check out the Outcast in the next time!! :)

By the way: Is it still mandatory to check all diffs and the amount of the fluids in them? I don't like working on a brand new car, but if it is still needed I will check them.

Last edited:
Guys, I have changed my order (it was not shipped yes so it was possible in the last second) and put the hit button on the Kraton (and the m2c bar for it).

In the end I think the Kraton suits my "driving style" better - but believe me, it was a very hard dicision as I really like the Outcast a lot, especially the look of it (lol) and what it is able to do.

But I am really sure that I will check out the Outcast in the next time!! :)

By the way: Is it still mandatory to check all diffs and the amount of the fluids in them? I don't like working on a brand new car, but if it is still needed I will check them.
I would say you should definitely fill up the center diff. You can run stock in F/R and shocks.

Hmm, I can't upload images here. :confused:

Got the Outcast yesterday and today I spent my afternoon with controlling everything, especially the Diffs. Front and rear were "OK", but I filled them up a little bit more. The middle diff was a joke, is was nearly dry. A small drop of oil was inside, I filled it up. I also installed the m2c Bashbar. Regarding the bash bar, is it normal that the longer replacement screws for the bulkheads don't flush with the end of the inner holes when you look at them from above (inside the chassis)? With the stock ones without the bar it was the case. I hope you understand what I mean, I can also take photos tomorrow.

The trucks looks absolutely great, love it! Looking forward to try it out! :D

1000062733.jpg

1000062778.jpg

Last edited:
Hello there,

after a small break for a few years I want to get back into the hobby with an Outcast 4S v2.5. I am not a basher and do not big jumps, just want to have some fun on the track.

As I want to start over: Is the power on 3S batteries suitable for a beginner or should I start right with 4S on the beginning?
As I said, I am not a basher - but makes the m2c bash bar sense to make it more bullet proof? And makes the extra weight of the bar a difference in durability to the drive train as it has to pull more weight?

Thank you and kindly regards!
Welcome to AF and the hobby ...enjoy your new fam 👍😁

Back