Talion Removing LSD diffs for open

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spug

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I know the diff thing has been beaten to death but I have a question. Has anyone removed the LSD diffs and just replaced them with standard open diffs? I know you can replace the limited slip plates with shims but I want to go even more simple than that. I'm a fan of less parts to overcomplicate things. Was thinking about replacing all three of mine with standard open diffs with aluminum diff cases from Arrma. Has anyone done this? Will it work?

I'm actually going to be doing this with my Kraton, I keep popping the diff cup pins and rebuilding the open diffs is so much easier than rebuilding the limited slip ones.

Alright. I'll order the kit and give it a shot. 👊🏻
I must mention I am still relatively new and there may be some other/better opinions from more experienced members.

I know the diff thing has been beaten to death but I have a question. Has anyone removed the LSD diffs and just replaced them with standard open diffs? I know you can replace the limited slip plates with shims but I want to go even more simple than that. I'm a fan of less parts to overcomplicate things. Was thinking about replacing all three of mine with standard open diffs with aluminum diff cases from Arrma. Has anyone done this? Will it work?

All rigs I have that come LSD, I keep LSD, but I do change the rear diff to open. After that performance is spot on.

Still a huge LSD learning curve.

I'm actually going to be doing this with my Kraton, I keep popping the diff cup pins and rebuilding the open diffs is so much easier than rebuilding the limited slip ones.

Wow, interesting...never had that happen... sorry about that one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back