repair/replace receiver antenna

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green98tj

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Vorteks
Is there a way to make my own antenna replacement or even purchase a new antenna for a Spektrum SR6200A DSMR 6-Channel AVC Surface Receiver, SPMSR6200A? I have another one of them and I was thinking of duplicating it by getting a wire, cutting it to the same length, and stripping the same amount of wire away from the end. Should that work? Should I use any special type of wire? I flipped my car and it cut the old antenna in half. Thank you!

If the antenna is cut, the receiver is most likely done for.

You need a coaxial cable and it needs to be trimmed to the proper length (exposed center conductor). If you can find the same coax then you can copy the original cable otherwise if you don't know the characteristics of the coax then it's a bit of a guestimate unless you have equipment that can measure the resonant frequency of the antenna.

If you open it up do you see an antenna port where you could pop off the old one and pop on a new one?
Some are good for that some are not
Yes, I opened it and it popped right off.
You need a coaxial cable and it needs to be trimmed to the proper length (exposed center conductor). If you can find the same coax then you can copy the original cable otherwise if you don't know the characteristics of the coax then it's a bit of a guestimate unless you have equipment that can measure the resonant frequency of the antenna.
Thank you. that was the specific information I was looking for. The car I am using this on is one of my slower/cheaper models so willing to play around. I'm more curious than anything. For the hell if it, I soldered a piece of similar coax to the end of the existing antenna to get the length right, covered the solder with shrink wrap, and exposed the same length of wire at the end as before. I couldn't figure out how to remove the antenna wire from the tiny clip otherwise I would have replaced the whole wire. Anyway, it was able to bind and calibrate. Throttle and steering works. I'll take it out for low speed range testing today and see what happens.

Last edited:
Yes, I opened it and it popped right off.

Thank you. that was the specific information I was looking for. The car I am using this on is one of my slower/cheaper models so willing to play around. I'm more curious than anything. For the hell if it, I soldered a piece of similar coax to the end of the existing antenna to get the length right, covered the solder with shrink wrap, and exposed the same length of wire at the end as before. I couldn't figure out how to remove the antenna wire from the tiny clip otherwise I would have replaced the whole wire. Anyway, it was able to bind and calibrate. Throttle and steering works. I'll take it out for low speed range testing today and see what happens.
How did that go? How's the range? I'm in a similar position.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back