Kraton Replacement Wheels/Tyres for V3 Kraton 6S BLX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kraman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi, having blown one of my tyres on my V3 Kraton 6S BLX (pictured below) I have been having trouble finding the correct replacement wheels/tyres.

I have searched for the wheels/tyres part numbers from the V3 Kraton 6S BLX parts manual but they don't seem to be available.

The tyre is called Minokawa and seems to be fitted to the Kraton 4S BLX but I think these may be smaller wheels/tyres.

Does anyone know if the original V3 Kraton 6S BLX tyres/wheels are available and from where? (I am in the U.K.)

Cheers.
s-l1600.jpg

Minokawas are lame. V-tread design and all, is not great. Obsolete Stuff. Not a desired wheel/tire, long gone. Change it up.
Get Backflips, even better get the Backflip LP's if you want to stay with an Arrma brand tire for that 6s Kraton.
My spin.

Minokawas are lame. V-tread design and all, is not great. Obsolete Stuff. Not a desired wheel/tire, long gone. Change it up.
Get Backflips, even better get the Backflip LP's if you want to stay with an Arrma brand tire for that 6s Kraton.
My spin.
Cheers, did a search for 'Backflip LP's' but comes up with 4S 3.8 which I assume is too small for 6S BLX Kraton V3.

The original 6S Minokawas are discontinued, although the smaller diameter 4S Minokawas for the Kraton 4S are still available. They are 6.1" tall whereas the originals are 6.5". The most recent Kraton 6S uses Copperhead2 tyres

You can take a look at buying any 17mm 3.8" wheels/tyres (Pro-Line, Duratrax etc), but Copperhead2 (6.5" tall) or Backflip LP (6.1") tyres would be my choice

The original 6S Minokawas are discontinued, although the smaller diameter 4S Minokawas for the Kraton 4S are still available. The most recent Kraton 6S uses Copperhead2 tyres

You can take a look at buying any 17mm 3.8" wheels/tyres (Pro-Line, Duratrax etc), but Copperhead2 or Backflip LP tyres would be my choice
Cheers, so do I need to change all four wheels/tyres even though only one original V3 Minokawas tyre is blown?

Cheers, so do I need to change all four wheels/tyres even though only one original V3 Minokawas tyre is blown?
Yes - don't run odd tyres. It will take a toll on the diffs, not to mention handling. I just edited my post to include the tyre diameters 👍

Copperhead 2's suck out the box. IMO. They remain as my shelf queen tires. Brand new and all. Been there. I never run them. Not worth replacing them anymore. Blow out easily, the tires are very thin rubber. Rig drives too clumsey with them. I had the opportinity to check many tires. Several hunderd dollars worth. I have 2 large bins of tires here. I currently like Duratrax Truggy X-Cons ( zero Offset) on my Kraton 6s as of late. But BF LP's are my fav.
Backflips/ Backflip LP's (better). Kraton guys, like myself prefer the BF's in general and swap them out the box. As far as Arrma bashers and big air tires go.
Toss the remaining 3 Minokawas. Don't look back. Tires are an expensive part of RC. Have to roll with that. Like the BF and Lp version best, I buy 2 sets and always have a backup when one breaks or just gets worn out. NEVER mix and match different tires. These are 4WD rigs. You wouldn't do that with a real car at all. Too dangerous. It will drive like crap in an RC rig. Ruin your driveline.

Last edited:
Is it possible to mount/glue Backflip LP tyres to original V3 Kraton BLX wheels? Cheers.

Last edited:
Is it possible to mount/glue Backflip LP tyres to original V3 Kraton BLX wheels? Cheers.
Yes 👍 3.8 tyres will mount to 3.8 wheels (with some exceptions). The Backflip LPs will definitely fit

The PITA is getting the old tyre off the wheel... some people bake them in an oven to soften the glue but this can warp the wheel. Others have better luck soaking the tyre in a bucket of acetone over night. This can ruin the foams but you'll have fresh ones that come with the new tyres

Yes 👍 3.8 tyres will mount to 3.8 wheels (with some exceptions). The Backflip LPs will definitely fit

The PITA is getting the old tyre off the wheel... some people bake them in an oven to soften the glue but this can warp the wheel. Others have better luck soaking the tyre in a bucket of acetone over night. This can ruin the foams but you'll have fresh ones that come with the new tyres
Thanks for the info.

Just checked and the difference between Backflip LP tyres only and Backflip LP tyres pre-glued to the wheels is only £6 here in the UK so might save myself the hassle of removing old tyres and just buy more Backflip LP's complete, for spares.

Yeah here in the states the same thing. Premounts are actually cheaper. ( Backflip LP's) Buy 2 sets, use the second set as Back up spares. What I do if I like a certain tire. Keep them on hand.

The Backflip LP's I wanted are now not in stock till the end of the year :( and I can't wait that long to get my kraton running .

Other (in stock) options are:

4s Minokawas LP's
6s Backflip MT's
6s Copperhead2 MT's (V5)

I will be mostly running on grass and forest tracks, will any of these be a good enough alternative to the 4S Backflip LP's for my V3 6S BLX Kraton?

Cheers.

Last edited:
The Backflip LP's I wanted are now not in stock till the end of the year :( and I can't wait that long to get my kraton running .

Other (in stock) options are:

4s Minokawas LP's
6s Backflip MT's
6s Copperhead2 MT's (V5)

I will be mostly running on grass and forest tracks, will any of these be a good enough alternative to the 4S Backflip LP's for my V3 6S BLX Kraton?

Cheers.
The regular 6S Backflips. They're a great tyre too. They stand very tall and have plenty of cushion, only mine had a habit of pulling away from the rims. They suffer against high centrifugal forces when at high RPM because of their large diameter. If you get these instead, definitely vent the tyres! And you might want to lower the pinion by a tooth or two

The regular 6S Backflips. They're a great tyre too. They stand very tall and have plenty of cushion, only mine had a habit of pulling away from the rims. They suffer against high centrifugal forces when at high RPM because of their large diameter. If you get these instead, definitely vent the tyres! And you might want to lower the pinion by a tooth or two

Cheers for the advice. Being new to 6s power/speed I assumed that the tyres fitted to 6s capable RC vehicles would be made in such a way as to handle the extra power/speed and therefore prevent ballooning etc. Looks like this area is going to be quite challenging whereas before, with my lower power/speed RC vehicles, it wasn't much of a problem.

Last edited:
Got my Backflip LP 4S wheels with pre-glued tyres and was surprised to see that the tyres are vented by the manufacturer. Couldn't see an vent holes in the wheels.

So glad I waited for these, look great, less ballooning and probably a bit lighter than the original 6S Minokawa's so a bit easier on the servo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back