Revisit tire glue for the old new guy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Over the 3yrs in the hobby I have seen and tried a few tire glues. Question came back to mine when I was regluing some BF LPs that pulled off the rim in a few places. I used the I-2000 on them and glued them while new again before ever running them.

Q#1 - Is it a good idea to put a new bead of glue over new tires? I do not see how that can hurt

Q#2 - This is what I have ran across for tire glue as I have watched YT videos and or read post below.
Is there a better tire gun to use or IC2000 good enough?

What I bought. Zap did not hold worth nothing. IC2000 seems to be reall good.
1695345877701.png

Cannot remember is Rich D. said he use this one in a video or I saved it from somewhere else
1695345860713.png

I use Bob Smith super thin, a small drop or 2 and just tilt the tire in order for it to run around the bead.
Shouldn't hurt anything on new tires, I don't trust their glue job. What I do, I try to pull the tire off the rim by applying some pressure to the sidewall, any gap needs to be glued.
All glue is made by Bob Smith Industries and just rebranded, only thing that matters is viscosity, super thin works the best, but all others work as well.

I use Bob Smith super thin, a small drop or 2 and just tilt the tire in order for it to run around the bead.
Shouldn't hurt anything on new tires, I don't trust their glue job. What I do, I try to pull the tire off the rim by applying some pressure to the sidewall, any gap needs to be glued.
All glue is made by Bob Smith Industries and just rebranded, only thing that matters is viscosity, super thin works the best, but all others work as well.
OK...the super thin will look that one up and add... It never hurts to have tire glue handy! (y)

Pro-tip.
CA will last about 1 year or so before it turns into a big clump.
Use a plastic container and get some desiccant (dehydration), cheap on Amazon.
Place a pack adequate to the container and close the lid, CA will now last forever. CA will age due to moisture absorption, lack of humidity makes it last for years.
Small food container and 1 pack, and you are set for life or until you actually used up that glue.

Pro-tip.
Place a pack adequate to the container and close the lid, CA will now last forever. CA will age due to moisture absorption, lack of humidity makes it last for years.
Small food container and 1 pack, and you are set for life or until you actually used up that glue.
Thanks for the tip!

Pro-tip.
This is too much work.

Per other recommendations I've seen on the forum here - just keep it in the fridge, standing up of course. This is what I do and I've never had a problem. I keep it in my drink mini fridge which stays at 33* F.

I have some CA glue from Hobby King, it's fairly thick but has worked great. Best part, it's the slowest drying CA glue I have ever had. Gives me time to work the glue in and prevents those "mishaps" with the fast drying stuff.

I thought I read somewhere there is new flexible super glue people are liking?

Over the 3yrs in the hobby I have seen and tried a few tire glues. Question came back to mine when I was regluing some BF LPs that pulled off the rim in a few places. I used the I-2000 on them and glued them while new again before ever running them.

Q#1 - Is it a good idea to put a new bead of glue over new tires? I do not see how that can hurt

Q#2 - This is what I have ran across for tire glue as I have watched YT videos and or read post below.
Is there a better tire gun to use or IC2000 good enough?

What I bought. Zap did not hold worth nothing. IC2000 seems to be reall good.
View attachment 323360

Cannot remember is Rich D. said he use this one in a video or I saved it from somewhere else
View attachment 323359
I have bob's, super glue regular and gel, and gorilla glue. The super glue is easy to apply, squeeze the bottle, holding up for now. The gorilla glue didn't last long. Bobs, I just got and I'm waiting to see how long the super glue lasts before I try it.

Pro-tip.

Thx...love tips.
This is too much work.

Per other recommendations I've seen on the forum here - just keep it in the fridge, standing up of course. This is what I do and I've never had a problem. I keep it in my drink mini fridge which stays at 33* F.
Thx for this one as well!

All good replies. Thx fam!

Before...
I Never knew about how to "preserve" super glue ,they would all get hard after a short while.. bugged the piss out of me!
Til I read on here about the refrigerator trick/tip.

Threw superglue in a Ziploc bag and toss it in the frig , it's been good ever since.
It works.

Thanks ArrmaForum 👊

Been on the outdoor shelf for 2 years, never had a tire separate after using it. Quick cure but not immediate setup, viscosity is perfect for repairs and laying new beads. It flows excess nicely around the edge to create a confident bond.

Just my experience, this is pro grade adhesive so users beware.

IMG_0205.jpeg

Been on the outdoor shelf for 2 years, never had a tire separate after using it. Quick cure but not immediate setup, viscosity is perfect for repairs and laying new beads. It flows excess nicely around the edge to create a confident bond.

Just my experience

View attachment 323446
That bottle looks exactly like the one I got from Hobby King. Works Well.

Yes, fridge does the same, i.e. lowers the humidity. Never liked it coz the better half always complains :ROFLMAO:
I'm in your boat....will try the zip lock bag with some paper towels in it to see if she does not notice.

When my daughter ever return her dorm frig...I will toss it in the garage.

Is it necessary to do the whole rubber band routine on backflips etc, or can I get away with just gluing? Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back