Recommended Tire Glue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, as the title says, I'm just looking for recommendations for some good tire glue that I can order from Amazon. I ordered a new set of 8S Copperheads b/c I had a tire become unglued and rip apart. I'm looking to be proactive this time around and add some extra glue before ever running them. I'm looking for a glue that can stand up to 8S abuse. I see many different glues on Amazon, but if you guys could help me narrow the choices down I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Ic 2000 is the best I've used but it does take a little longer to fully dry due to the rubber compound added to it. For that reason I also keep a bottle of Proline tire glue with a few alcohol wipes with my tools that I take bashing in case a glue bead breaks loose or I run over some glass or wire.

Ic 2000 is the best I've used but it does take a little longer to fully dry due to the rubber compound added to it. For that reason I also keep a bottle of Proline tire glue with a few alcohol wipes with my tools that I take bashing in case a glue bead breaks loose or I run over some glass or wire.
and here I was thinking 3 hours was pretty fast. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks. I think im gonna go with lc 2000. Luckily I'm not pressed for time, but how long does it take for lc 2000 to fully dry? I saw the Proline glue as well, but wasn't sure what people's real world experiences with it were.

Thanks, the reviews are good and the price is even better! 😁
I keep a spare in the fridge at all times. It really is good! I used it on the wifey duratrax tires for her xrt. I put it on as soon as I open the package as a little precaution because everyone complains about duratrax. I had to reglue 1 tire after probably 15-20 packs at least. I won't buy anything else :ROFLMAO:

It sets in 10 mins and takes 3 hours to fully cure iirc. I wish locktite worked that fast.

Proline glue is just regular superglue (cyanoacrylate), any brand will work like Gorilla Glue makes a superglue. Reason I get Proline is it has some nice skinny applicator tips that I like.
My Typhon (RIP) was chewing up glue beads like crazy on 6s in the dirt and rocks. I would have gone home early a lot more often without a faster setting glue. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks. I think im gonna go with lc 2000. Luckily I'm not pressed for time, but how long does it take for lc 2000 to fully dry? I saw the Proline glue as well, but wasn't sure what people's real world experiences with it were.
I’ve been using Bob Smith industries ic2000 for over a year now and it is extremely good. Not only do I use it for gluing the tire bead, but also for any rips, tears etc. It’ll hold together tears over a half inch, which is really nice. I typically give it overnight to cure. I have Bob Smith regular superglue for more time urgent emergencies.

Last edited:
I have not seen that one! How does it compare to the IC 2000?

It's been around forever.. to be honest I've never used the ic 2000... I've never needed any other tire glue besides the 130.. it never let me down to the point I searched for other alternatives...👍

This glue looks highly rated and it comes with a tip that should make it easier to apply to tires 😀 Thanks for the input everyone 👍
I originally started off in the hobby using the glue @Camaroboy383 linked. It worked good enough but then months later I found a topic here on the subject and SRC and others all talked up the ic2000 which is why I tried it. The ic2000 definitely works better, the company itself even says it's the better glue for the job. I think I read them saying that on an amazon question or something I don't remember but even from my first hand experience the Ic2000 glued tires required less regluing.
Thanks for this! had no idea this existed.

I originally started off in the hobby using the glue @Camaroboy383 linked. It worked good enough but then months later I found a topic here on the subject and SRC and others all talked up the ic2000 which is why I tried it. The ic2000 definitely works better, the company itself even says it's the better glue for the job. I think I read them saying that on an amazon question or something I don't remember but even from my first hand experience the Ic2000 glued tires required less regluing.

Thanks for this! had no idea this existed.

It creates a chemical reaction with the glue and generates some serious heat so think about what materials you use it on. It could probably melt some thinner plastic.

It creates a chemical reaction with the glue and generates some serious heat so think about what materials you use it on. It could probably melt some thinner plastic.
Assuming it's actually okay for tires? :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back