Kraton ROCKET BOOST KRATON 6S AND 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arelee, I'll say this much about you, you are the sort of man who knows how to "Go for it!". I do say that as a compliment.

That Typhon will work far better than the Kraton for your rocket car adventures. Good call.
Using a clear body is smart. The clear body has a protective film on the outside of it and you can draw layout lines on it during mock up so that planning/visualizing is much easier.
You'll literally be able see inside the body as you plan your modifications.

When you plan the rocket mounts consider fabricating a sub structure that mounts to the chassis of the car rather than just the body. Perhaps the wing mounts? I'm picturing a rocket mount that ties into the "uprights" which hold the wing and places the rocket just below the wing itself.

As to the Limitless; yes, yes I have indeed seen them and believe it's the way to go for max speeds.

Bye the way, will the Limitless shocks and spool you suggested, drop into the Typhon, or do they need to be adapted?

Thank's again buddy!

The shocks will need the Limitless shock towers also. Everything else should drop in...To be honest you could run fine with the original Typhon shocks... It would just be more aerodynamic with the lower profile Limitless towers and shocks.

This is my Typhon with the Limitless shocks and towers for visual reference... you can see the limited shock/suspension travel available:
20191223_131615.jpg

Last edited:
Thank's for the (2) videos. The first one looks like a modified WW2 German V1 rocket. Very impressive.

The second video looks like a great format for the front end.

Nica "shock" job on your Typhon.Tey're cool. LibertyMKiii suggested adjusting the 'drop screws' on the original Typhon shocks. Since the car hasn't arrived yet, I'm kind of on the fence. Should be here by Jan. 7th. (very long shipping time for Amazon). What I'm worried about, is when I order a new charger tomorrow, I might just accidentally order a "Limitless" too.

Thank's again man

Last edited:
LibertyMKiii and Branson _Basher,

I goofed and thought that the 2 videos and the Typhon photo were all from were all from the same person. Thank you both.
arelee, I'll say this much about you, you are the sort of man who knows how to "Go for it!". I do say that as a compliment.

That Typhon will work far better than the Kraton for your rocket car adventures. Good call.
Using a clear body is smart. The clear body has a protective film on the outside of it and you can draw layout lines on it during mock up so that planning/visualizing is much easier.
You'll literally be able see inside the body as you plan your modifications.

When you plan the rocket mounts consider fabricating a sub structure that mounts to the chassis of the car rather than just the body. Perhaps the wing mounts? I'm picturing a rocket mount that ties into the "uprights" which hold the wing and places the rocket just below the wing itself.

As to the Limitless; yes, yes I have indeed seen them and believe it's the way to go for max speeds.

Hey Branson_Basher,

Please read the last (2) posts that I left. I got confused.

Thank's

Last edited:
arelee, I'd like to clarify the point that I don't own any of the cars we've been talking about in your thread. I've been interested in rocket boosted cars for as long as I can remember so I wanted to be helpful to you but really all I can share is generalized info I've picked up online.

I think you are on the right path with a Typhon as a base, practice a bit of patience and get some run time in with your first car before jumping into buying your second one.

After you have done your suspension mods then develop your driving skills until you can keep her under control at the top speed provided by the stock electric power. Gearing up the pinion and spur would be the next logical step before finally going rocket powered.

You still get to look forward to adjusting your controller settings until you like how she responds to steering input at high speed. Speed without control is rather hazardous. Ask me how I know...

Crawl, walk, run.

It'll be a fun journey getting up to the point when you light off those rockets and I'm glad you're sharing the fun with us!

I would think a rocket would have similar thrust to an EDF right? I’m not a rocket surgeon so these things are out of my league. But Brandon at Innovation RC has an EDF powered Limitless that may be of some inspiration to you.

arelee, I'd like to clarify the point that I don't own any of the cars we've been talking about in your thread. I've been interested in rocket boosted cars for as long as I can remember so I wanted to be helpful to you but really all I can share is generalized info I've picked up online.

I think you are on the right path with a Typhon as a base, practice a bit of patience and get some run time in with your first car before jumping into buying your second one.

After you have done your suspension mods then develop your driving skills until you can keep her under control at the top speed provided by the stock electric power. Gearing up the pinion and spur would be the next logical step before finally going rocket powered.

You still get to look forward to adjusting your controller settings until you like how she responds to steering input at high speed. Speed without control is rather hazardous. Ask me how I know...

Crawl, walk, run.

It'll be a fun journey getting up to the point when you light off those rockets and I'm glad you're sharing the fun with us!
Points well taken. Your help is appreciated. Who knows, maybe some day I can return the favor.

That brings up a good point... What sort of rocket motor are you planning on?
something like an Estes D series?
I've never messed with rockets before. From what I have read, A "G" size motor is my limit, without a level 1 certification. At this point, I have chosen the "Aerotech G54W-14A White Lightning". It has great 'thrust', which is what I am looking for, after the car reaches its own maximum speed. There is a delay, so that would need to be factored in. I need to get on a model rocket forum and pick a few brains.

However, after watching the above videos with the "limitless", equipped with EDF engines, I want to look into that option also. They look like they may be out of my league, and VERY expensive. Also, I may off base, but it seems that a fueled, high thrust motor,(like the Aerotech G54W-14A), engaged at the correct time, would give more thrust than an EDF engine. But at the speed of 70-100+ mph, the thrust of of the motor may have already been met, making it ineffective. So much to learn= cars and rockets.

As Branson_Basher suggested, I really do need to get to know my cars and how they feel, before incorporating a rocket motor or engine. I'm retired and live alone, so I have plenty of time on spare. I will most likely buy the "Limitless", put it on the shelf, (as a roller), and think ahead about its future.

Hey Branson_Basher,

Just wanted to let you know that after taking your advice, I checked-out the aerodynamics, and "Kydex". I came to the conclusion that the Kraton is not the best platform for this project. The Typhon 6s BLX v4 seemed to fit the build, so I bought one. Haven't received it yet. I also got a clear, spare body. With modifications, the Typhon body should produce far better results than the Kraton.

If everything goes as planned, (including the rocket). I am going to try the same thing with a "Limitless". Have you seen what they look like?!

Thank's again man.
NOTE: I started another thread "TYPHON 6S BLX V4 MAXIMUM SPEED UPGRADE HELP". Pretty much an extension of this one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back