Kraton RPM bumper DIY pin holder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltystevo

Reaction score
Anybody have any pics or suggestions for a RPM bumper DIY pin holder on a V3 kraton?

I was just thinking why arent people using a modded stock V3 bumper ?

If you cut off the bottom part which acts a skid it should fit fine to hold in pins and fit rpm bumper.
The vertical red line is an optional weights savings cut.

The stock Arrma Typhon bumper is that little black piece that is holding in the pins. In front of that is the RPM Kraton bumper. Follow?

The stock Arrma Typhon bumper is that little black piece that is holding in the pins. In front of that is the RPM Kraton bumper. Follow?
Ohhh... ya im shot. Didnt have coffee yet, ?.
And it says ARRMA right on it! Lol

Ok, i was going to buy that but i figured i would save the $9 and maybe update it later.

Ohhh... ya im shot. Didnt have coffee yet, ?.
And it says ARRMA right on it! Lol

Ok, i was going to buy that but i figured i would save the $9 and maybe update it later.

I did exactly what you are doing. First I ran the complete bumper along with the RPM, skid and all. Then I cut off the part you did. I just like the look of the Typhon bumper/RPM combination. What's nice is it is only $8 and you also get body posts and rod ends: Arrma Ball Cups Composite ARAAR330230 https://g.co/kgs/DawMs3

I did exactly what you are doing. First I ran the complete bumper along with the RPM, skid and all. Then I cut off the part you did. I just like the look of the Typhon bumper/RPM combination. What's nice is it is only $8 and you also get body posts and rod ends: Arrma Ball Cups Composite ARAAR330230 https://g.co/kgs/DawMs3
True .
Knowing myself ill have it soon enough but have a 3rd set of batteries on the list over that for now

So i cut the little skid part off the stock bumper. Rpm fits perfectly over it. I think im going to keep it the way it is as it restricts the rpm from bending further then half way before it bottoms out on the arrma bumper behind it. Took me about 3 mins to shave stock bumper

Can you guys send a link to to the talion rpm front bumper for for the ARRMA Kraton and talk to me about the piece you guys are cutting off

That is what happened to cause me to end up ripping my car completely down. I put on the front TBR bumper on my brand new Notorious- just took the stock bumper off, bolted on the new one- and didn't realize these pins would slide out.

Ruined the a-arm, chewed up and ruined the diff outdrive, and even broke the diff cup itself all because of my ignorance.

I bought this- it has grub screws that will secure the pins.

https://www.voltagehobbies.com/stor...raton,_Talion,_Typhon,_Senton,_Outcast.html#/

Can you guys send a link to to the talion rpm front bumper for for the ARRMA Kraton and talk to me about the piece you guys are cutting off
I posted the pictures of the part to cut just a few posts up. Did you read this whole thread?

There are no parts to cut if you use the talion end cap.

Not sure what it cost, and it definitely is a nice clean look – but if you use the voltage piece then the grub screws lock the pins anyway which also supposedly lessens rotational wear and negates the need for the talion piece

If I get the t bone bumper for the Kraton v4 will I have to get the pin holder from voltage hobbies .. what does everyone think of the t bone over the rpm

If I get the t bone bumper for the Kraton v4 will I have to get the pin holder from voltage hobbies .. what does everyone think of the t bone over the rpm
Tbone holds in the pins I'm pretty sure.
From what I've read fit and finish quality is hit and miss. It's also a lot heavier. So it's preference because they are both good and have warranties

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back