Big Rock Run time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long would you expect to get with a 2200mah 3S on a stock BRCC?
Zero minutes. You need at least a 5000mah pack with a minimum of 50C discharge rate

Zero minutes. You need at least a 5000mah pack with a minimum of 50C discharge rate
I saw that earlier somewhere else and thought it was just a recommendation.
I'm confused though. Volts is volts. Amps available are a function of mAh and C rating. Why would a 2200mAh 120C 3S (supplies around 260A) not work when a 5000mAh 50C would supply only 250A?
How much run time do y'all get on one of those 3S 5000mAh 50C batteries?

Last edited:
I don't see the logic. Why would it need that specific combination of specs? Why not a 2200mAh 120C?

well cause the esc needs that specific amount of amps to run. If u give it a 2200mah it will destroy ur batt
u can try and give it a go if u want. If u do make sure to post a vid or something cause I really want to see what happens!

well cause the esc needs that specific amount of amps to run. If u give it a 2200mah it will destroy ur batt
u can try and give it a go if u want. If u do make sure to post a vid or something cause I really want to see what happens!
A 2200mAh 120C battery provides more available amperage than a 5000mAh 50C. I think one of us is missing something.

I saw that earlier somewhere else and thought it was just a recommendation.
I'm confused though. Volts is volts. Amps available are a function of mAh and C rating. Why would a 2200mAh 120C 3S (supplies around 260A) not work when a 5000mAh 50C would supply only 250A?
How much run time do y'all get on one of those 3S 5000mAh 50C batteries?
You didn’t mention 120C. It would still be short runtime.

@jondilly1974

This is something I never thought about being new. The 3S line has a 100AMP Continuous current capacity ESC. Does this mean the ESC needs at least 100A worth of battery to even run regardless of 2S or 3S? So a 5000mah 50C (2S or 3S) has plenty at 250A. Even a 5000mah 30C is plenty if that is the case.

I've seen it posted enough times that the C rating is arbitrary and manufacture inflated, but the higher the number the better regardless.

@jondilly1974

This is something I never thought about being new. The 3S line has a 100AMP Continuous current capacity ESC. Does this mean the ESC needs at least 100A worth of battery to even run regardless of 2S or 3S? So a 5000mah 50C (2S or 3S) has plenty at 250A. Even a 5000mah 30C is plenty if that is the case.

I've seen it posted enough times that the C rating is arbitrary and manufacture inflated, but the higher the number the better regardless.
Continuous and burst are different animals. Sure the BLX100 says 100A but I would bet it jumps higher than that under heavy throttle pulls. That’s where the 5000mah 35C minimum comes from. But I prefer to say 50C minimum because most packs are over rated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back