Kraton Run Time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You get 50/60 minutes? Man, I run the same batteries and think I get about half that...well they are Lectron Pro's but still. How much did you pay for them and how hard is your driving?
Sometimes the capacity of those cheap eBay packs are incorrect. I could never figure out how people with 5000mah batteries were getting the same amount of run time as me with my 6200mah batteries. So I decided to do some testing with my batteries. I charged my batteries from 3.4v per cell and checked how many mah went back into the batteries.
The batteries on the left were labeled as 6200mah 40c(yes I actually have each battery labeled A & B)
The battery on the right is labeled as a 4000mah 60c lipo.
I lost the log from my 5200mah batteries, but their results were between 5100 and 52000mah.
As you can see the 6200mah batteries are probably closer to 4200mah.
So using this theory of mine pay attention to how many mah go back into your batteries next time you charge them from LVC. I am willing to bet they do not take anywhere near 7600mah
21351345657.jpg

Hmm, I am going to check that out and also time my run time the next time. Does the cold make lipo's drain faster? I thought it did. I know it does in the nimh packs in my daughters trucks. I don't believe I have ran my truck in any weather above 30 degrees since I bought it.

Hmm, I am going to check that out and also time my run time the next time. Does the cold make lipo's drain faster? I thought it did. I know it does in the nimh packs in my daughters trucks. I don't believe I have ran my truck in any weather above 30 degrees since I bought it.

Yes cold weather greatly decreases your run times.

£110 shipped from Germany not sure on speed think 35 40 mph ish at a guess smc won't ship to uk shame tho as wanted smc lipol

Do to changes in shipping regulations it is much harder for companies to ship batteries overseas. This is one of the reasons SPC Racing went the way of the Dodo, they couldn't ship batteries around the world anymore. Heck even in the US you can only ship them via ground.

Thanks for the info. I didnt uderstand how all that worked, but as to what charger im using i have a i have a hitec mulicharger x4 80. charges up to 6s and can charge/discharge 4 at a time. i bought it at a race about 6 months ago when i was roaming the pits looking for someone to charge my 2s lipo bc my 40$ charger kicked the bucket on me lol.

That's a good charger, but you're going to feel its limitation with 6s batteries. The important thing to look at with chargers is the wattage per channel. This determines how many amps you can charge a battery at. Your charger is 80 watts per channel. So with a 6s 5000 battery, your max charge rate will cap around 3 amps, about .6 C charge rate. If you put 80% back in that battery, or 4000 mah, that charger will take over an hour.

To determine the wattage your battery needs to charge, you have to take the battery's total voltage (say 4v per cell as a charging avg, but it goes up to 4.2) and multiply it by the # of battery cells and multiply that by the amps you want to charge the battery at. So for a 6s 5000, if you wanted to charge at 2C, or 10A (5000mah = 5A x2 for 2c charge rate), it would require a charger with a channel wattage rating over 240 watts (4v * 6 * 10A).

Just a key point to keep in mind for how many batteries you may want to own and the amount of time you should plan to charge all your batteries before heading out. With cars that get 20+ min run times, I think you'll find your charger adequate. When you get into helicopters that only get 4-6 mins on that same battery, that's when you need high wattage chargers as you want to charge at the field in 20 mins or less.

I use the icharger 308Duo 13000W. If you ever do want to upgrade, get one that is 1000W or greater so you never have to upgrade again no matter where this hobby takes you.

Was able to get my Kraton first run yesterday. It was a lot of fun! It's fun being able to take turns at full speed and drift. It's near impossible to flip this thing! I wasn't able to finish my first battery as it started raining but I was at least 15 mins and the battery was at 4v so I would of had 25-30 min easy. This was mostly easy driving on a field. I use 6s 4400.

That's a good charger, but you're going to feel its limitation with 6s batteries. The important thing to look at with chargers is the wattage per channel. This determines how many amps you can charge a battery at. Your charger is 80 watts per channel. So with a 6s 5000 battery, your max charge rate will cap around 3 amps, about .6 C charge rate. If you put 80% back in that battery, or 4000 mah, that charger will take over an hour.

To determine the wattage your battery needs to charge, you have to take the battery's total voltage (say 4v per cell as a charging avg, but it goes up to 4.2) and multiply it by the # of battery cells and multiply that by the amps you want to charge the battery at. So for a 6s 5000, if you wanted to charge at 2C, or 10A (5000mah = 5A x2 for 2c charge rate), it would require a charger with a channel wattage rating over 240 watts (4v * 6 * 10A).

Just a key point to keep in mind for how many batteries you may want to own and the amount of time you should plan to charge all your batteries before heading out. With cars that get 20+ min run times, I think you'll find your charger adequate. When you get into helicopters that only get 4-6 mins on that same battery, that's when you need high wattage chargers as you want to charge at the field in 20 mins or less.

I use the icharger 308Duo 13000W. If you ever do want to upgrade, get one that is 1000W or greater so you never have to upgrade again no matter where this hobby takes you.

Thanks for feeding me that knowlage my friend. i plan on buying 4 batteries all together. i figured it would take a while to charge a 6s but had no idea the science beind it. i will be looking at chargers in the near future.Thanks for all your input!

Hard to say what runs times are if we all drive differently. 2 guys can drive the same car/lipo taking turns and one can get 30min and the other will get 60min.

They must be driving miss daisy with the Kraton, on a 5000mah 45 minutes...?!

Cold weather decreases run times, I get those times in 35F/ 45F temps.

I got three GForce Elite Series 5000mah 60C and I get if lucky, about 15 minutes. But I don't baby the Talion, its pushing it to the limit all the time.

Have tested with Zippy 4S 50C 4000mah and about the same results, just a little less time.

For a charger, Hitec X2 High Power.

hrcp4266.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to say what runs times are if we all drive differently. 2 guys can drive the same car/lipo taking turns and one can get 30min and the other will get 60min.
It even depends on how you yourself drive. For instance if I'm out trailing with my Summit I can get about an hour and a half out of my batteries, if I bash with it I get about 20 min.

I get about 20/25 mins usually going full throttle with both type of batteries.
orion touch screen dual channel battery charger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back