Granite S.O.S. Gear Mesh!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i run in all kind of conditions, wet included!
I only run my Crawlers in the really wet mud, snow and streams.
Just Not my Arrma Basher rigs and the rest.
With my Crawlers that have a switched ESC, If I can open the switch, I will use a "Silicone conformal coating" on the switches PCB. For water proofing. But honestly you need to really get into maintenance, right after a wet run. BB's and all, by removing each one. Wet running really wears out an RC quick. And can cause $$ electric parts to fail. i.e. motor and ESC. BB's will rust out quickly, blow apart and cause other related drivetrain parts to fail as well. Like failed BB's in a motor, the Armature will lock Up, get ruined , needing a whole new motor. Been there.
Consider SS BB's and use a Marine grease in ALL the BB's. Labor intensive, but works. How I treat my Crawlers.

I only run my Crawlers in the really wet mud, snow and streams.
Just Not my Arrma Basher rigs and the rest.
With my Crawlers that have a switched ESC, If I can open the switch, I will use a "Silicone conformal coating" on the switches PCB. For water proofing. But honestly you need to really get into maintenance, right after a wet run. BB's and all, by removing each one. Wet running really wears out an RC quick. And can cause $$ electric parts to fail. i.e. motor and ESC. BB's will rust out quickly, blow apart and cause other related drivetrain parts to fail as well. Like failed BB's in a motor, the Armature will lock Up, get ruined , needing a whole new motor. Been there.
Consider SS BB's and use a Marine grease in ALL the BB's. Labor intensive, but works. How I treat my Crawlers.
I agree! Running in all conditions is tons more work, and i do spend a lot of time washing, drying, and lubing. But nonmatter what the wear is increased when running in wet/mud/snow. I am aware of this, and willing to make this sacrifice to enjoy my toys with my kids in the climate i live in 😎
I thought the esc was bricked, so i was pretty stoked to have it back by just ditching the switch lol.
Through several years of abusing rc cars in all seasons, this is only the second electronic issue ive had (relating to running conditions), first was a Receiver that got soaked and failed.
Mostly just go through bearings at an accelerated rate. I just buy the sizes i need 10 at a time and replace as needed

I silicone conformal coat most all of my Crawler Receivers. As a practice. Rx boxes are never sealed properly. And moisture collects in the Rx box. Always open it up after a wet run. Many just add a drain hole to the Rx box along with conformal coating the Rx. I have submerged my Crawlers many times in streams, Signal cuts out quickly under water. Be careful. :giggle: Needed a 10ft branch to get her out.

Thanks everybody for the advice. It turns out the input gear on the diff had stripped out. But, I also managed to shear off part of the slipper assembly! This would have happened when I did those two slow speed passes, just to record the sound the vehicle was making. Unbelievable.

Well, I've got the new diff and spur in. Hopefully this will be the end of my issues with the transmission. Thanks again for the advice everyone.

IMG_20230505_185941510.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back