Safe/target temps for MMX8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
running and MMX8S with a 1717-1650 motor and I’m wondering what temps I should try to keep the esc under. Thanks.

running and MMX8S with a 1717-1650 motor and I’m wondering what temps I should try to keep the esc under. Thanks.

Does not matter the motor or ESC (my opinion) the guide is this or within the range:

• 140-150 - ESC
  • 170 - Motor (160 my target)

Ideal but always keep a temp gun close :)

Last edited:
For the ESC you want to shoot for 150 or less as Parcou mentioned above.
The MMX8s can heat up quickly so an aftermarket high cfm fan might be a good ideal

I don't like my motors to get much beyond 150F because internal temps and hot spots are likely much higher.

I wouldn't worry too much about your motor temps: I can run that system on my Kraton 6s and never get above 128F after 15 minutes of hard running in low eighty-degree temps. And that's with no fan on the motor.

Do not matter the motor or ESC the guide is this or within the range:

• 140-150 - ESC
  • 170 - Motor (160 my target)

Ideal but always keep a temp gun close :)
Measures via IR gun or from data logs?
I called CC and they said 220 for the esc. Somewhere I read internal ESC temps are 40 degree higher internally than measured

Measures via IR gun or from data logs?
I called CC and they said 220 for the esc. Somewhere I read internal ESC temps are 40 degree higher internally than measured

If you have data logs, this is best since it reads internally (hard to get those while in the field, which is what you need). Most do not have that option, so a heat gun is all we have....correct, I add about 10deg more, not 40.

221F is what some ESC is set to hit LVC....you never want to get to that point and begin to destroy things, so although it is the range they set, we want to stay well below that for longevity.

Each person's setup is different. If I am bashing my Infraction, Big Rock, Losi, etc., that all have Firma ESCs, I get get the internal ESC temp on my DX5C since those also have a Spektrum receiver to report that data back. So if my Infraction is reading on my DX5C 135F and I take the heat gun and measure around it the heat gun measures about 10-12deg cooler than the internal temp. Even if the ESC gets to 140+ on the DX5C radio I still get a 10-12deg difference with the heat gun.

I have not seen a 40deg difference....not me :)

For the ESC you want to shoot for 150 or less as Parcou mentioned above.
The MMX8s can heat up quickly so an aftermarket high cfm fan might be a good ideal

I don't like my motors to get much beyond 150F because internal temps and hot spots are likely much higher.
+1.
How I run.
:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back