Mojave Scorched RC Mojave Inner Fenders review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iep

Reaction score
So, having received my 'fixer upper' Mojave I set about taping and shoe gooing the body. As mentioned in another post though I ran out of show goo (since the truck is so huge).

While I sat waiting for more goo to arrive I did a bit of digging around on ways to protect the truck from winter conditions and quickly found the Scorched RC Inner Fenders. The fenders arrived yesterday and I spent a bit of time trimming them down and fitting. Here's a few thoughts:

1. Very nice plastics, you can tell they'll be durable.
2. Trimming them down is not too bad (search youtube for vid guide) but don't rush. I'm not sure if I misinterpreted the instructions in my haste but I think I over trimmed the 'running board' section of mine for the rear fenders and have a wee gap between the fender and the chassis. Bit annoying but I was trying to get it done quickly during a lunch break. If in doubt trim less, test fit, and trim further if needed. It's no biggie on mine but a bit annoyed with myself for not having done a better job.
3. As mentioned I do have a bit of tape/goo on the bodywork, but none around the body posts. Despite this I found I was unable to get the pins in place when fitting the body after the fenders were installed. I'd removed the foam from the body posts etc but it was still a bit tight. In the end, followed the advice on the Scorched RC vid and used a heated 2mm drill bit to slightly 'elongate' the pin holes. After that, no issues.
4. I used 80 grit sandpaper to smooth of the trimmed edges. Took about 15 mins all in and made a huge difference. No sharp edges and looks much better too. I'd recommend spending a bit of extra time to do this.

All mounted up I took the truck out for a quick rag around a very wet abandoned industrial site this evening. This was my first shot with the Mojave and it is a total hoot. Pretty much the opposite of a typhon, tons of body roll, heavy (in a sort of good way) and a bit leery with loads of slide and drift under acceleration. Feels like an old muscle car looks, always on the edge. Even on 4S (getting my eye in) it really shifts. Love it.

After 2 packs I took it home and gave it a wipe down. The underside of the chassis is soaked and covered in grass/mud. Body off though and the inside is clean as a whistle! Wee bit damp but otherwise spotless. Given the conditions out there tonight, and where I was driving, I was amazed. All in I'd say the fenders are well (well) worth the money and bit of effort to get them installed. Thanks Scorched RC.

Nice man. Pics or it didn’t happen.. gotta have pics with a review :)

Also, with those guards being on ive heard your going to have issues with heat seeing as the heat has no escape.. might want to invest in some heat management like a dual fan setup or something ???? Glad you like it bud.

Pics or it didn’t happen.. gotta have pics with a review :)

Haha, yes, fair enough. Pics below.

I'd already given the bottom of the car and suspension a wipe down before I took these photos but the amount of grass/debris inside the fender pretty much describes how the whole bottom of the car looked prior to cleaning.

I hadn't touched the inside of the car though and, while a bit wet from blasting through puddles, there was no grass or mud in there.

1602749718733.png

1602749839787.png

As to heat, I'm not too worried. As you can see, the center of the car remains open so you get decent airflow through there. More significantly though, I live in Scotland so the ambient temp rarely seems to get above 15C :)

Certainly, after the drive last night, everything was cool enough to touch.

I'm sure they'd help but I doubt I'll ever get a chance to find out. We're seldom dry enough for the ground to fully dry out in Scotland.

Yup! Mine was not that 'grassy' but not far off.

How'd you guys clean your cars when they get into that state? I gather you can hose them down but then you need compressed air to 'blow dry'.

Yup! Mine was not that 'grassy' but not far off.

How'd you guys clean your cars when they get into that state? I gather you can hose them down but then you need compressed air to 'blow dry'.
If you don’t have compressed air, I used to throw 2 sock rags on my hand and just wipe every square inch I can get. Then, spray with WD-40 and let sit for a min or two. (Avoiding electronics of course) then repeat wipe down. Then a nice dry area ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back