Scorched titanium towers for outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will.

Reaction score
Has anyone tested the scorched titanium towers! how do they compare to m2c? I will upgrade my exb towers soon but I'm not sure what is best value? I'm based in the uk.

Thanks for help as always,
Will
Has anyone tested the scorched titanium towers! how do they compare to m2c? I will upgrade my exb towers soon but I'm not sure what is best value? I'm based in the uk.

Thanks for help as always,
Will

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-142931_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205-142931_Chrome.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 66
Plenty of people out there that are using them.
Either one swears by their favorite manufacture (M2C vs Scorched). I believe they are local to the UK, support your local business ;)
You can't go wrong with either version.

I have them for my V4 Noto. Not bent them so far! The only gripe I have is that they're 4mm thick and require the included washers to take up the space the 5mm stock towers leave. They are still definitely capable of some hard bashing though!

If you wanted them 5mm thick, Alza Racing sell 5mm towers of similar grade titanium:

https://shop.alza-racing.com/en/kraton/106-titanium-tower-set.html

Last edited:
The titanium towers won't snap like the M2c towers can. Not putting them down at all but if it was me I'd go titanium all day long. The flex and that helps save the dif housing. Titanium doesn't get worn down like aluminium does either.

Plenty of people out there that are using them.
Either one swears by their favorite manufacture (M2C vs Scorched). I believe they are local to the UK, support your local business ;)
You can't go wrong with either version.
Scorched are cheaper in the uk £67 for a set and M2C are £90.
If they are like for like in durability then it's got to be the scorched titanium set.
I would have thought the titanium would be stronger
Thanks.
So fare I have upgrades the servo to a 25kg version.
Custom rc upgrade hinge pin holders rear and front and upper front.
I have a m2c rear tower brace.
Radical rc chassis brace.
Yet to order shock towers and front and rear braces, most probably going to get the custom rc braces?
Really want a decent basher that can handle a learner driver. (Jumping)

Will

What else do you all recommend?
This outcast has only gone through 2 batteries from new. So very little use.

Thanks,

Will

Scorched are cheaper in the uk £67 for a set and M2C are £90.
If they are like for like in durability then it's got to be the scorched titanium set.
I would have thought the titanium would be stronger
Thanks.
So fare I have upgrades the servo to a 25kg version.
Custom rc upgrade hinge pin holders rear and front and upper front.
I have a m2c rear tower brace.
Radical rc chassis brace.
Yet to order shock towers and front and rear braces, most probably going to get the custom rc braces?
Really want a decent basher that can handle a learner driver. (Jumping)

Will
Your on the right track with the parts you have so far. 👍🏼

Thanks,

Will
An aluminium dif mount in the centre to replace the plastic one. That's a good upgrade. The servo as well that's my next one as the stock is knackered already. You did that I think 🙄

Most of my builds have these towers. I can vouch for em. Check my YT. I wrecked my Mojave at 93 mph and they did not snap. Bent a lil but after a little vice work still usable.

Thanks,

Will
It's an EXB. They are pretty well equipped already 👍 personally, I would only swap the towers if the stock ones were bent

The most common upgrade out of the box is arguably swapping the steering bushings for 5x11x4 bearings

If you wanted to upgrade anything else worthwhile, I'd advise to change the EXB bumper mount to an aluminium one instead. Apparently the bumper screws are prone to pull through the stock plastic one:
https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON08FFB02;c=928

Also, I fitted a GPM lower rear suspension mount for the front (a.k.a. the B block) in my Mojave EXB. It's a solid block of aluminium which is more durable than the thin aluminium plate/plastic block, although I wouldn't say it was really a necessary upgrade. Here's a Hot Racing version if you're in the US where it could be more accessible:
https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON08FR01;c=926

It's an EXB. They are pretty well equipped already 👍 personally, I would only swap the towers if the stock ones were bent

The most common upgrade out of the box is arguably swapping the steering bushings for 5x11x4 bearings

If you wanted to upgrade anything else worthwhile, I'd advise to change the EXB bumper mount to an aluminium one instead. Apparently the bumper screws are prone to pull through the stock plastic
Also, I fitted a GPM lower rear suspension mount for the front (a.k.a. the B block) in my Mojave EXB. It's a solid block of aluminium which is more durable than the thin aluminium plate/plastic block, although I wouldn't say it was really a necessary upgrade. Here's a Hot Racing version if you're in the US where it could be

If you wanted to upgrade anything else worthwhile, I'd advise to change the EXB bumper mount to an aluminium one instead. Apparently the bumper screws are prone to pull through the stock plastic one:
https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON08FFB02;c=928

Also, I fitted a GPM lower rear suspension mount for the front (a.k.a. the B block) in my Mojave EXB. It's a solid block of aluminium which is more durable than the thin aluminium plate/plastic block, although I wouldn't say it was really a necessary upgrade. Here's a Hot Racing version if you're in the US where it could be more accessible:
https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON08FR01;c=926

I will look into the steering bushes and centre diff housing. Replace with aluminium. I have changed the hinge pin holding plates on both front and back. I also ordered the rpm front bumper as its compatible with the hinge pin holder.

20211205_103607.jpg

20211205_103652.jpg

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciated your help.
Thanks.
Your on the right track with the parts you have so far. 👍🏼

An aluminium dif mount in the centre to replace the plastic one. That's a good upgrade. The servo as well that's my next one as the stock is knackered already. You did that I think 🙄
Thanks I will look into it 👍

Last edited:
I will look into the steering bushes and centre diff housing. Replace with aluminium. I have changed the hinge pin holding plates on both front and back. I also ordered the rpm front bumper as its compatible with the hinge pin holder.

View attachment 184250

View attachment 184251
Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciated your help.
Thanks.

Thanks I will look into it 👍
Fwiw I have Scorched ti towers on 2 rigs and they've been flawless. Take a real beating. They also do a ff hinge pin holder compatible with the super basher bumper on the exb.

Fwiw I have Scorched ti towers on 2 rigs and they've been flawless. Take a real beating. They also do a ff hinge pin holder compatible with the super basher bumper on the exb.
I did see that but I had already purchased and installed the custom rc version. I may still get the ff hinge pin holder for my original bumper if I have failures. Did you have to use washers to bulk out the tower as they are thinner. Scorched titanium are only 4mm thick ?

I have the old scorched towers on my v4 kraton and had some bad crashes and high up roof landings and there still straight as an arrow. also got the v5 ones but not used them yet

I did see that but I had already purchased and installed the custom rc version. I may still get the ff hinge pin holder for my original bumper if I have failures. Did you have to use washers to bulk out the tower as they are thinner. Scorched titanium are only 4mm thick ?
Only for the wingmount. They supply ti washers to sit behind the mount itself, the standoffs themselves bolt right up with no issues.

I have the old scorched towers on my v4 kraton and had some bad crashes and high up roof landings and there still straight as an arrow. also got the v5 ones but not used them yet
Do you have these ones? are yours 4mm thick? I can only find these.

Screenshot_20211205-171819_Chrome.jpg

Only for the wingmount. They supply ti washers to sit behind the mount itself, the standoffs themselves bolt right up with no issues.
Thanks, you have made my decision alot easier now. I will treat my rig to the titanium towers. She will be a beast when I'm finished.

Screenshot_20211205-171819_Chrome.jpg

Thanks, you have made my decision alot easier now. I will treat my rig to the titanium towers. She will be a beast when I'm finished.
Drill through titanium for the tower brace should be fun....

View attachment 184269

Drill through titanium for the tower brace should be fun....
yes don't no if he sells the v4 ones anymore
I used cobolt drill bits for the towers. upgraded 4mm shock mounts from scorched

yes don't no if he sells the v4 ones anymore
I used cobolt drill bits for the towers. upgraded 4mm shock mounts from scorched
Will the exb shock mounts be ok or are the scorched ones alot better. Will I need to drill the holes out for standard shock mounts.

Will the exb shock mounts be ok or are the scorched ones alot better. Will I need to drill the holes out for standard shock mounts.
The old style were 3mm and the new style are 4mm. I struggled drilling them with a battery drill and used a drill press at work as a result. I use the exb standoffs in mine, the new ones come with a 4mm hole iirc.

the scorched ones are titanium with 4mm 12.9 grade steel screws you will have to drill shock towers for them. exb are fine just keep them tight. think scorched rc will drill them to 4mm for you if you go with the upgraded shock mounts. standard exb shock mounts will fit straight on

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back