Talion Sealed bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reubydoobe

Reuby Doobe
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
I have received some but some are only sealed one side. Is this normal I've posted elsewhere about this and its split opinion so I thought I consolt the oracle?
IMG_20180714_114058.jpg

I have received some but some are only sealed one side. Is this normal I've posted elsewhere about this and its split opinion so I thought I consolt the oracle?View attachment 20378

The bearings that are sealed on one side are intended to help reduce friction (created by the seals) in applications where one side is not exposed to contaminants ( or minimumally exposed) to contaminants such as dirt or water. Such as inner and outer pinion or wheel hubs. A fully sealed bearing will typically last the longest. That life comes with the penalty of increased friction. If one were strictly speed running, a properly maintained and lubricated open ceramic bearing in all positions would be the most efficient. There are many factors that determine what is a proper bearing for an application but I think this may be sufficient to answer your question.

The bearings that are sealed on one side are intended to help reduce friction (created by the seals) in applications where one side is not exposed to contaminants ( or minimumally exposed) to contaminants such as dirt or water. Such as inner and outer pinion or wheel hubs. A fully sealed bearing will typically last the longest. That life comes with the penalty of increased friction. If one were strictly speed running, a properly maintained and lubricated open ceramic bearing in all positions would be the most efficient. There are many factors that determine what is a proper bearing for an application but I think this may be sufficient to answer your question.
Thank you wonderful explanation I was thinking along those lines myself. I asked on Facebook and got a very mixed set of replies. The Australians seem to think one sealed side is not good as it won't let crap out. Ummm I'm not sure as I've used these for a while now and they definitely last longer. Thanks guys

Avid sells bearings like that as well. Bearings are wear items, so I don't think of them as something I won't have to replace. I usually just go with fasteddy sealed bearings these days. For $1 a piece, I keep the main ones for wheels/diffs and clutch bells on hand for all my trucks and order replacements when I do maintenance so I always have spares in case one grenades on me. I used to buy avids sealed and single side sealed, but FE's sealed seem to last longer in general so that's all I buy now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back