Senton Senton 3S BLX vs 6S BLX (vs?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can control the throttle to control the wheelies but then again I'm losing performance by not being at WOT. Basically making WOT unusable.

I don't know what to tell you. I can go WOT without any issue. Did you change the pinion? The only truck I had an issue with at WOT was the Senton as the body acted like a kite and lifted it off the ground. And the BRCC was squirly as hell with those skinny tires.

I totally disagree. I own all 3 and my Senton is most limited due to the small tires and low ground clearance. I love my Granite. Watch @Rich Duperbash last video and tell me if it looks like that truck doesn't steer.

I mean I might have oversold it but was just saying I know what he meant. with my maxx if I am going even 2/3 of top speed and go WOT the front end gets light. It is pretty good at getting where I point it if I am not completely trigger happy but if I don't watch it, it just keeps the steering end of things straight up in the air. lol

ahhh im stuck in the same boat. Im about to place an order for a senton today at my lhs. Torn between the 3s or 6s....

Can someone tell me the speed diff between the 3s on 3s vs the 6s on 4s? What would be more fun? I don't plan on running it on 6s as i do not want to break anything

ahhh im stuck in the same boat. Im about to place an order for a senton today at my lhs. Torn between the 3s or 6s....

Can someone tell me the speed diff between the 3s on 3s vs the 6s on 4s? What would be more fun? I don't plan on running it on 6s as i do not want to break anything
With the Senton 6s, you'll be hard pressed to break anything on 4 or 6s. You might wreck the front bumper if you head-on or nose-dive too much but that's about it. It comes seriously undergeared out the box. The stock 12t will only get you 35mph on 4s & 50mph on 6s. Jump straight to a 16-18t for 6s. You can also max pinion (22-23t) the truck on 4s & bash with no problems. It's silly fast on 4s with a 22t, faster than the stock pinion on 6s. The stock wheels are absolute trash on most surfaces. They're too soft for asphalt & too hard for tough terrain. Buggy Badlands are an all around good tire.

The 3s Senton is maxed pinion out the box & the motor gets hot as hell, which is why it has the giant heatsink. It can do 50mph out the box but controlling that is difficult. You can break numerous parts just by tumbling the thing. I've broken arms, links, steering blocks, the ackermann link, body posts, & both bumpers just on tumbles. I also ripped a few driveshafts. It's just not that durable at all. I never jumped the thing because I hate the parachuting that SCTs are famous for. The shocks will be leaking out the box, that's a given. Honestly, if the 4s models were out when the 3s came about, I would of never touched them.

With the Senton 6s, you'll be hard pressed to break anything on 4 or 6s. You might wreck the front bumper if you head-on or nose-dive too much but that's about it. It comes seriously undergeared out the box. The stock 12t will only get you 35mph on 4s & 50mph on 6s. Jump straight to a 16-18t for 6s. You can also max pinion (22-23t) the truck on 4s & bash with no problems. It's silly fast on 4s with a 22t, faster than the stock pinion on 6s. The stock wheels are absolute trash on most surfaces. They're too soft for asphalt & too hard for tough terrain. Buggy Badlands are an all around good tire.

The 3s Senton is maxed pinion out the box & the motor gets hot as hell, which is why it has the giant heatsink. It can do 50mph out the box but controlling that is difficult. You can break numerous parts just by tumbling the thing. I've broken arms, links, steering blocks, the ackermann link, body posts, & both bumpers just on tumbles. I also ripped a few driveshafts. It's just not that durable at all. I never jumped the thing because I hate the parachuting that SCTs are famous for. The shocks will be leaking out the box, that's a given. Honestly, if the 4s models were out when the 3s came about, I would of never touched them.

hmmm i was just worried that the 6s will cause more breakage because of the extra weight. and smashing into things will be more catastrophic the 6s is 2 lbs heavier than the 3s....but from your experience it seems like the 6s is the way to go !

The Senton 6s is a tank to begin with. It's one of the more durable 6s models because of the SWB chassis and shortest arms. It also has the largest body & rollcage. I only have a V2 Senton with a few V3 parts. I've sent the thing flying down a 100ft hill where it landed midway, tumbled for another 100ft, & smashed into a tree. It bounced off with just a ding in the body. Any other 6s rig would of been a busted pile of bits. The compact arms are protected by the huge body so nothing is able to take too much force while crashing. Of course, smashing head-on into stuff will wreck any car but the 6s will survive a great deal more of them than the 3s.

hmmm i was just worried that the 6s will cause more breakage because of the extra weight.

Hi Helly,
The Senton 6s gives you a funny stretch to 6s but you are right about the 6s «overweight»; yes the Senton 6s is tough (like Megasty said), but if you go on track and jump and jump (picture, page 1), you will maybe have to work on the chassis a bit (braces, arms and tower);

Speed? 3s vs 6s (3s vs 4s battery) We have both and from our stock experiences (did not check with GPS), it's nearly the same speed. Kv is lower on stock 6s.

With good shocks, the Senton 3s is not bad at all on SCTE inside track. You won't have TLR's performance but you will have a pretty fun session against the others...
PL

Last edited:
Hi Helly,
The Senton 6s gives you a funny stretch to 6s but you are right about the 6s «overweight»; yes the Senton 6s is tough (like Megasty said), but if you go on track and jump and jump (picture, page 1), you will maybe have to work on the chassis a bit (braces, arms and tower);

View attachment 37132

Speed? 3s vs 6s (3s vs 4s battery) We have both and from our stock experiences (did not check with GPS), it's nearly the same speed. Kv is lower on stock 6s.

With good shocks, the Senton 3s is not bad at all on SCTE inside track. You won't have TLR's performance but you will have a pretty fun session against the others...
PL

So it seems like the 6s is a better buy. for 150$ more i will have tougher shocks etc etc. i do not plan on racing it or jumping more than few feet. Mostly gravel or dirt bashing

So it seems like the 6s is a better buy. for 150$ more i will have tougher shocks etc etc. i do not plan on racing it or jumping more than few feet. Mostly gravel or dirt bashing

Hi,
Ok... If you have the budget, go for the 6s. More «complete» RC... :) 17mm hex and alu chassis are already a good start. But, TBR front bumper is a must have (IMO).
PL

Hi,
Ok... If you have the budget, go for the 6s. More «complete» RC... :) 17mm hex and alu chassis are already a good start. But, TBR front bumper is a must have (IMO).
PL

which tbr bumper would you suggest? SC or XV4 ? or either haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back