Senton Boost shock upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axcoombes

Reaction score
Hi.
I need replacement shocks for my Senton Boost. I have upgraded to the 4x4 and have put a brushless motor in it and it now mostly gets run at 3s or 2s. So looking for something durable.
Will the proline shocks fit the boost model?
Will the Arrma metal shocks fit? If so what springs and sizes are good?
Anything else that is worth looking at?

The granite I have, have same arms and towers as the senton, so I guess 6S shocks, Mojave/kraton shocks could fit. I fitted them on the granite. Can't remember if it was front or rear shocks from Mojave and kraton, and where they fit on the granite 😅

Hi.
I need replacement shocks for my Senton Boost. I have upgraded to the 4x4 and have put a brushless motor in it and it now mostly gets run at 3s or 2s. So looking for something durable.
I’d say finish your research before deciding on the Prolines. I find them mediocre at best at a very expensive price. I’ve had better luck with a couple of brands of cheap Chinese shocks (NXS and others) for a small fraction of the price of the ProLines. Check length and OD. FWIW, the Traxxas GTR shocks are fantastic and come in a variety of lengths.
Just me and my personal experience, but I’ll never waste my money again on 1/10 ProLine shocks.

Hot racing makes a good aluminum shock body. You use the stock shaft and spring. $20 a set.

I’d say finish your research before deciding on the Prolines. I find them mediocre at best at a very expensive price. I’ve had better luck with a couple of brands of cheap Chinese shocks (NXS and others) for a small fraction of the price of the ProLines. Check length and OD. FWIW, the Traxxas GTR shocks are fantastic and come in a variety of lengths.
Just me and my personal experience, but I’ll never waste my money again on 1/10 ProLine shocks.
Traxxas doesn't make any shocks that are the correct size for the rear.
Hi.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ck-crew-cab-and-vorteks-shock-upgrades.42570/

The shocks thread is so well put together here. I think someone posted it above. I used it to get new shocks for my Big Rock.

The shocks thread is so well put together here. I think someone posted it above. I used it to get new shocks for my Big Rock.
No it's not really. I could have done a much better job. But alas I suck at things. :ROFLMAO: :p

IIRC a youtuber i was watching found that the prolines do not come oil-filled. i'm wondering how many people are using them dry and not even realizing it. But even after he filled them and tested them against other options the price/performance was still not a good value. took a min but i found the video and time stamped.

in my experience the cost to value of the prolines is very low, i had them on my mega senton and was honestly pretty low quality. i ran them with 50wt oil and as the other fella said above, the chinesium stuff from amazon is just as good and 1/3 price

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back