Senton Tire recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nineball

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
I have cracks in two of my dboots, so it's time to get new shoes. I'm looking at...

Proline Trenchers
Proline Badlands
Duratrax Six Packs
Duratrax Lockups

I bought 12mm hex adapters and I think my LHS has them all in stock. I'm tempted to save a few bucks and go for the duratrax, but I hear they're a little thin and wear quickly. Any way I go, I think it should be an upgrade. Which would be the best for grass?

Edit: I might find jconcepts g-locs or scorpios. If anyone has opinions on those, I'd like to know.

Last edited:
PL Badlands in the correct size. (y)

I second Badlands! Trenchers are more for mixed dirt/pavement IMHO.

I had a set of Louises (aka Duratrax) and all the hexes stripped. Very soft wheels. Too bad, the tires were actually grippy and held up to some abuse.

Pro line Mx 2.2’s

1586069713778.jpeg

I ran for a long time with the Senton 6s, DTXC3715 LU (buggy) in the rear and LU (SC) in the front. Too much of oversteer with SC LU in the rear...

IMG_1752.JPG

Yes, the Badland is good pick, but 4 DTXC Six packs could be a good choice too.

I'm just running 2s/4600kv, and I'll probably stick to stock sizing... just went with the 12mm hex since that's what the slash runs and everybody seems to have a slash, so LHS has tons. I'm still a bit of a rookie driver. Trenchers are expensive.

Dynamite speedtreads if you run high voltages. If you just keep burning through tires they’re a good option because there’s a lot of variety and can be found cheaper than duratrax if you look around.

Dynamite speedtreads if you run high voltages. If you just keep burning through tires they’re a good option because there’s a lot of variety and can be found cheaper than duratrax if you look around.

I saw those, and they look mean. They appear like they could handle some road-bashing as well as my typical grass/dirt bashing.

I saw those, and they look mean. They appear like they could handle some road-bashing as well as my typical grass/dirt bashing.
Different treads for different folks. The “robber” series basically never run bald but the grip on other terrains is mediocre. I’m currently running the “dirtsmith” series but they will probably get wiped out on pavement so I stay off of the road. For you something like breakaways are probably perfect. I prefer to run buggy rims though, so if you want do the same I don’t believe the breakaway series is available.

I have cracks in two of my dboots, so it's time to get new shoes. I'm looking at...

Proline Trenchers
Proline Badlands
Duratrax Six Packs
Duratrax Lockups

I bought 12mm hex adapters and I think my LHS has them all in stock. I'm tempted to save a few bucks and go for the duratrax, but I hear they're a little thin and wear quickly. Any way I go, I think it should be an upgrade. Which would be the best for grass?

Edit: I might find jconcepts g-locs or scorpios. If anyone has opinions on those, I'd like to know.
I have the trenchers on my senton. They are really good but not for high speed. Does anyone know what the smaller pinion gear for the senton is called ? Link from amazon maybe ?

Senton stock is 17t 48p. 1/8 shaft, I think. Motor mount points fit 13, 15, 17, and 27. I'd say you probably want to try 15 before going all the way to 13 (which, I think is stock for the granite, but those tires are huge by comparison. Also, i think the granite spur gear is 32p).

Screenshot_20200407-090207_Chrome.jpg
I ordered these a few days ago and they just came in yesterday. I plan on running them in the nex day or 2 I can let you know how they do.

If you only run 2S, I think the Duratrax ones should be fine.
I personally ran the Louise SC Pioneers on my truck (identical to Duratrax Lockups) and I loved them, they grip very well.

I have stripped a Hex now, but I run my BLX truck on 3S only, and I stripped the Hex after upping the power in my BLX 3S model.

do these glue up to the stock senton rims and what type of foam do these come with?
You can buy them mounted on a 12mm hex so you need to change your hexes, an I assume is in the slash offset which fits the Senton, but I'm not sure.

I bought them unmounted and mounted them on the stock wheel which fits perfectly. They come with an open cell foam that feels denser and better than the stock foam.

here's a comparison to the stock tire, note that these are pretty wear down:
IMG_4777.jpeg

You can buy them mounted on a 12mm hex so you need to change your hexes, an I assume is in the slash offset which fits the Senton, but I'm not sure.

I bought them unmounted and mounted them on the stock wheel which fits perfectly. They come with an open cell foam that feels denser and better than the stock foam.

here's a comparison to the stock tire, note that these are pretty wear down:
View attachment 76003
sounds good i ordered some duratrax lockup st but will mostly run those in grass i was looking for a tires for all around them seem to look good

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back