Senton Senton vs Slash platinum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
hey guys need some help deciding what rc to buy,
mostly going to be used for bashing with a little racing here and there at my local track
currently i have an erevo brushless and erevo vxl need something new that handles better
durability is my highest concern aswell as speed, then handling last
on that note i haven't seen much on the handling of the senton anyone know anything more?
any help would be much appreciated,
cheers

No comparison between a Senton and a Slash. My friend has a 2wd slash and a 4wd slash running both on 3s. After using mine for comparison, his Senton should be here in a couple days. He couldn't take the humiliation when we put em head to head.

Slash on 3s is like a 100mph go cart. Senton on 6s is like a 100mph 1/8 mile dragster/ offroad racer. The weight of the Senton really helps it in rough terrain where as the slash is all over the place. The Senton also turns nicely and doesn't roll every two seconds.

No comparison between a Senton and a Slash. My friend has a 2wd slash and a 4wd slash running both on 3s. After using mine for comparison, his Senton should be here in a couple days. He couldn't take the humiliation when we put em head to head.

Slash on 3s is like a 100mph go cart. Senton on 6s is like a 100mph 1/8 mile dragster/ offroad racer. The weight of the Senton really helps it in rough terrain where as the slash is all over the place. The Senton also turns nicely and doesn't roll every two seconds.
Thanks for the reply Kennay, out of curiosity does your friend have the lcg slash 4x4? And how's the durability of the Senton? Holding up well? Speed? Think I've just about made up my mind on the Senton cheers dude

You know, I don't think his is the LCG version now that I think about it.

The durability has been great, but I have managed to break a lower front a arm. I was going WOT and it flipped backwards, roof slid, then cart wheeled for about 50ft. She was seriously limping on the way back. To it's credit, the wreck did happen on asphalt and I have an upgraded esc and motor on the 16t pinion, so it was easily running in the high 50's at the time.

I do not really get it.
Compare a Senton with a Slash 4x4 is like comparing a Golf V6 3.2 with a Porsche 911 Carerra 4.
Both comparable in size, but one is much, much faster.

A Slash has a 1/10 scale drive-line on max 3S, the Senton is based on a true 1/8 scale platform with a 1/8 scale drive-line powered up to 6S.

A Losi SCT 4x4 or Durango SCT4x4 among other are true competitors for a Slash 4x4 (LCG)

You know, I don't think his is the LCG version now that I think about it.

The durability has been great, but I have managed to break a lower front a arm. I was going WOT and it flipped backwards, roof slid, then cart wheeled for about 50ft. She was seriously limping on the way back. To it's credit, the wreck did happen on asphalt and I have an upgraded esc and motor on the 16t pinion, so it was easily running in the high 50's at the time.
thats impressive man, everyone seems to be upgrading the blx system ahah hopefully the 2016 model with the updated blx system is different

I do not really get it.
Compare a Senton with a Slash 4x4 is like comparing a Golf V6 3.2 with a Porsche 911 Carerra 4.
Both comparable in size, but one is much, much faster.

A Slash has a 1/10 scale drive-line on max 3S, the Senton is based on a true 1/8 scale platform with a 1/8 scale drive-line powered up to 6S.

A Losi SCT 4x4 or Durango SCT4x4 among other are true competitors for a Slash 4x4 (LCG)
thanks for commenting bro, this is my first ever forum ive ever posted on but i think they are more alike then you are making it out, i understand the power system is vastly different aswell as the chassis it is built on, but they are in the same price point, just about as fast as eachother, same size and on a track i struggle to see where the senton would find the edge. not trying to be rude just need help deciding, the new slash 4x4 platinum has the lcg chassis, new 4 pole velineon motor and esc aswell as all the aluminium it comes with. Isnt the Senton more or less based of the Team Durango DESC10? im sure both would be good trucks but as far as bashing (Senton cant race in short course league) is concerned i think alot of people will be tossing up between the two, anymore perspectives from anyone else browsing these forums would be a good help!

When my buddies Senton comes in, I will let you know my opinion of how comparable they are on 4s. I only have 6s batteries for mine, and he has a 4s on the way with his. The only reason they are similar in speed is because the Senton weighs almost twice as much, and uses the same sized tires. All the power doesn't mean squat if you can't get enough traction. As far as the handling on SC track, the Senton handles better if you can control the throttle. Also, the Senton rarely rolls unless I am going nuts with it. Can't say the same for the slash at all.

On a high traction surface is where you will really see the speed difference between the two, but the weight makes the Senton handle rougher terrain much easier and more realistic in my opinion. For mostly bashing, I say Senton all day long.

When my buddies Senton comes in, I will let you know my opinion of how comparable they are on 4s. I only have 6s batteries for mine, and he has a 4s on the way with his. The only reason they are similar in speed is because the Senton weighs almost twice as much, and uses the same sized tires. All the power doesn't mean squat if you can't get enough traction. As far as the handling on SC track, the Senton handles better if you can control the throttle. Also, the Senton rarely rolls unless I am going nuts with it. Can't say the same for the slash at all.

On a high traction surface is where you will really see the speed difference between the two, but the weight makes the Senton handle rougher terrain much easier and more realistic in my opinion. For mostly bashing, I say Senton all day long.
cheers, would be great to know! thatll be interesting from the sound of it it wont be much of a comparison.

cheers, would be great to know! thatll be interesting from the sound of it it wont be much of a comparison.
hey last one hahaha losi scte rtr 3900kv brushless motor and castle esc on basically a 1/8th scale platform? any comparison there?

I fell like you get way more truck when getting a senton. I also have a HCG Slash 4x4 with Mamba Monster 2 and 2650KV motor, I spent over $500 getting my slash where it is. I still enjoy it but driving the slash and senton, theyre completely different. My slash wanted to flip every 2 seconds until i added MIP X-Dutys, the motor and esc, and other heavier parts (XO-1 differentials, and other aluminum parts). But I can also floor my senton on 4s and turn as hard as it can and it'll slide through the turn on concrete, do that with a stock slash with high center gravity chasis and youll be running to it to flip it over. Im about to run my slash on 4s tomorrow to see what thats like, I heard it will go over 65 easily without having heat issues like the stock motor/esc that come on the slash would. Anyways sorry for rambling, if it was my money... I'd get the updated Senton with the new esc and re-skinned motor over a slash even with the LCG chasis.

I fell like you get way more truck when getting a senton. I also have a HCG Slash 4x4 with Mamba Monster 2 and 2650KV motor, I spent over $500 getting my slash where it is. I still enjoy it but driving the slash and senton, theyre completely different. My slash wanted to flip every 2 seconds until i added MIP X-Dutys, the motor and esc, and other heavier parts (XO-1 differentials, and other aluminum parts). But I can also floor my senton on 4s and turn as hard as it can and it'll slide through the turn on concrete, do that with a stock slash with high center gravity chasis and youll be running to it to flip it over. Im about to run my slash on 4s tomorrow to see what thats like, I heard it will go over 65 easily without having heat issues like the stock motor/esc that come on the slash would. Anyways sorry for rambling, if it was my money... I'd get the updated Senton with the new esc and re-skinned motor over a slash even with the LCG chasis.
65mph jeez hahaha good luck with that! Thanks for the reply and help I think its looking good for the Senton although everyone has only experienced the HCG edition but I guess a lowered chassis can't make the truck to muxh better! I'll pick up a senton when the new model comes into stock at tower hobbies

The way I see it -

Bashing - Senton - 1/8 scale driveline and suspension mean it will be tough as a tank. Yes, it is still possible to break, but it will be much tougher than Traxxas. The only weakness was the ESC, and now that is fixed too. 4s/6s is better for bashing, as it has less load on motor/batteries, so they run cooler and last longer vs a high power 2s/3s setup.

Racing - TLR SCTE 2.0. Senton is a beast on 4s, but you can't race on 4s, you need 2s. Senton is too heavy to preform on 2s. The TEN-SCTE 2.0 is a lightened 8ight 3.0 - still has a lot of 1/8 scale toughness, but lightened up where it doesn't need it to be a contender on 2s.

Bling Bling - If you want to have a Bling Bling Shelf Queen, the Slash is the way to go. Huge aftermarket support. Some would argue it needs it to stay reliable and competitive.

My .02
Jerry

What type of track do you plan to run on? I purchased my Senton 6 weeks ago planning on strictly bashing, but somehow have been sucked into racing it at my local indoor off-road track. All the time. On 6S (my 4s batteries will be here today). A friend of mine has a Helion 4x4 SCT that's a direct competitor of a Slash, incredibly light (4.5lbs or so). I've driven both quite a bit out bashing and on the track, and I think I like his truck better on a smaller track to be honest. The Senton is a monster, and if I were a better driver, it would probably be awesome, but it's though to drive hard and consistently on the track. My track has an "open SCT 4x4" class, any motor, any battery, so I'm not worried about the 2S deal. If you are limited to 2S, obviously the Senton is out. If this was a monster outdoor 1/8 scale track, that'd be a different story.

On the other hand, out bashing you cannot beat the Senton for a RTR package. It's weight is a huge advantage, it stays well planted and it's faster than lightning on 6S. I have yet to break one single part on it so far, and we've had some nasty episodes. There isn't an RTR SCT in existence today that I would trade my Senton for in as an all around truck.

The way I see it -

Bashing - Senton - 1/8 scale driveline and suspension mean it will be tough as a tank. Yes, it is still possible to break, but it will be much tougher than Traxxas. The only weakness was the ESC, and now that is fixed too. 4s/6s is better for bashing, as it has less load on motor/batteries, so they run cooler and last longer vs a high power 2s/3s setup.

Racing - TLR SCTE 2.0. Senton is a beast on 4s, but you can't race on 4s, you need 2s. Senton is too heavy to preform on 2s. The TEN-SCTE 2.0 is a lightened 8ight 3.0 - still has a lot of 1/8 scale toughness, but lightened up where it doesn't need it to be a contender on 2s.

Bling Bling - If you want to have a Bling Bling Shelf Queen, the Slash is the way to go. Huge aftermarket support. Some would argue it needs it to stay reliable and competitive.

My .02
Jerry
thanks jarry sorry for replying so late had troubles with my girlfriend :') ahaha so amazed by the responses i genuinely didnt think so many people would put time and effort into replying! im so indecisive but im leaning towards senton but slash wont let me go, smart mans money seems to be on the senton and i can see why

What type of track do you plan to run on? I purchased my Senton 6 weeks ago planning on strictly bashing, but somehow have been sucked into racing it at my local indoor off-road track. All the time. On 6S (my 4s batteries will be here today). A friend of mine has a Helion 4x4 SCT that's a direct competitor of a Slash, incredibly light (4.5lbs or so). I've driven both quite a bit out bashing and on the track, and I think I like his truck better on a smaller track to be honest. The Senton is a monster, and if I were a better driver, it would probably be awesome, but it's though to drive hard and consistently on the track. My track has an "open SCT 4x4" class, any motor, any battery, so I'm not worried about the 2S deal. If you are limited to 2S, obviously the Senton is out. If this was a monster outdoor 1/8 scale track, that'd be a different story.

On the other hand, out bashing you cannot beat the Senton for a RTR package. It's weight is a huge advantage, it stays well planted and it's faster than lightning on 6S. I have yet to break one single part on it so far, and we've had some nasty episodes. There isn't an RTR SCT in existence today that I would trade my Senton for in as an all around truck.
hey bro i run on a 1/10th scale track here in sydney, australia not very big my erevo brushless was far to big and powerful to run on it smoothly, even on 4s but i think thats due to how wide it is and the fact im not a very good driver yet! how does the senton corner? have u seen any lcg slash 4x4's on your local track? im definitely limited to 2s on my track but i don't know if ill be racing so much but definitely driving around often

If you are limited to 2s, and get the senton, you will need to swap the motor and maybe the ESC. You may try to see if the track will let you run a 3s with a 2500-3000kv 3565 motor - power should be about the same as the guys running 2s 4500kv, and the extra voltage will help with heat. Plus the stock ESC should work on 3s. I don't know it if will work on 2s.

If 2s track running / racing is your primary goal, I would look to Losi / TLR or Tekno for a SCT. They will be lighter than the Senton, but handle / tune much better than the Traxxas.

If price is an issue, watch the RCTech forum classifides. There are often Losi SCTE 1.0 rollers or Tekno SCT410.1 rollers for sale for $200 or less. Add budget electronics, like Gool or Hobby King, and you can be running for under $350.

thanks for commenting bro, this is my first ever forum ive ever posted on but i think they are more alike then you are making it out, i understand the power system is vastly different aswell as the chassis it is built on, but they are in the same price point, just about as fast as eachother, same size and on a track i struggle to see where the senton would find the edge. not trying to be rude just need help deciding, the new slash 4x4 platinum has the lcg chassis, new 4 pole velineon motor and esc aswell as all the aluminium it comes with. Isnt the Senton more or less based of the Team Durango DESC10? im sure both would be good trucks but as far as bashing (Senton cant race in short course league) is concerned i think alot of people will be tossing up between the two, anymore perspectives from anyone else browsing these forums would be a good help!

I think you have a point there ;)
Indeed if you look at the asking price of both vehicles RTR, the Senton is almost a bargain!

But mind you that the investment in a decent charger and 4 up to 6S lipo's doubles that of a 2-3S 1/10 scale truck.

Although I have never driven a Senton (yet), I know the Slash 4x4 LCG version is still not one of the best driving cars in it's class...
The Senton even on 4S will outperform it most likely!

Indeed Arrma is basically a partner of Team Durango, and the 1/8 4x4 vehicles share parts. That also means some of the upgrade parts for the Durango trucks and buggies will fit. But be sure to check first :cool:

I took my Slash 4x4 (MM2/2650KV motor) out earlier today on 4s for the first time. That thing is stupid fast... but almost uncontrollable. After running for 30 minutes I ran my senton on the same 4s battery (didnt recharge it) and they are night and day difference. The slash is very touchy on the steering and wants to parachute, infact it did twice, sliding on its top for about 30 yards on a 4 lane road.The senton just rolls down the street with ease(I do alot of street bashing/racing.) The Senton might be heavier but it just sticks to the road, Like i said before I can floor it, 100% throttle, turn and the rear will slide through a turn on pavement. The only "track" we have around here is an oval track, I haven't taken it out there yet to see how it would perform, but the Senton is by far my favorite truck. The Slash might have all the customization options and aftermarket parts going for it... but you better buy the LCG chasis with all the upgrades and then youll still have more upgrades to do if you want your truck to stay planted on the ground. The Senton is a bargain, I got mine for $400 sealed in box brand new off ebay, and thats including shipping/taxes. Youll have to buy a 4s battery and a decent charger like someones already pointed out.. but its so worth the money. I absolutely love my Senton.

I love my Senton (Aside from the stock electronics, as they all poop the bed reeeeaaaaaaal quick)

Did I mention I love my Senton?

hey bro i run on a 1/10th scale track here in sydney, australia not very big my erevo brushless was far to big and powerful to run on it smoothly, even on 4s but i think thats due to how wide it is and the fact im not a very good driver yet! how does the senton corner? have u seen any lcg slash 4x4's on your local track? im definitely limited to 2s on my track but i don't know if ill be racing so much but definitely driving around often

The Senton corners well, hugely depending on track condition and proper tires. But that all depends on what you're comparing it to? I don't have any track experience with any other vehicle. If my index finger didn't get me into so much trouble (going WAYY too fast entering a turn), the truck stays solidly planted and sticks well how I have it setup. I have 50WT shock oil and taller, but looser springs than stock. I have the shock adjusters almost all the way up so it's soft, but still has a full range of travel. That may be the worst most backwards recipe compared to how real racers do it, I don't know. But it works for me, night and day better than stock or compared to a good stiff-ish bash setup.

If you're going to be running 2S, the Senton really isn't going to be an option for you, unfortunately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back