Outcast Servo issue help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbizzle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hello everyone I recently purchased a 2018 OutCast. Steering servo went out after only three runs. Tower hobbies replaced it but the second one went out as well after only one run. I did not wreck it or run it hard. The gentleman from Tower hobbies tells me it’s the brain that’s going bad. Because it will turn right but it will not turn left on both servos. Any help is much appreciated.

Hello everyone I recently purchased a 2018 OutCast. Steering servo went out after only three runs. Tower hobbies replaced it but the second one went out as well after only one run. I did not wreck it or run it hard. The gentleman from Tower hobbies tells me it’s the brain that’s going bad. Because it will turn right but it will not turn left on both servos. Any help is much appreciated.

Have you checked your steering throttle? Sometimes I dump a punch of remotes in my backpack and the steering throttle knob gets changed accidentally. It’s worth a shot but you should definitely ask for a warranty replacement on the stock servo

Have you been setting the endpoints on your servos? A lot of people do not set this and your Servo tries to oversteer and they end up burning out.

The stock servos have brass internals they do strip out but it usually happens because you got bigger wheels and the servo strains. The other reason like paultro84 said if your end points arnt set right and the servo is over extending. But being as you said it is a new car with as little as 1 run on them before the servo goes it is something else not the servo. I have a 2018 outcast and I did strip my servo but it happened because I put the pro line trencher 3.8s on it and didn't reset my end points and made maybe 2 turns before the servo stripped and the truck would turn right and not left. I would start with end points unplug your fan on the esc and listen to the servo you will hear the difference when it is straining and when it's not.

20180216_141102.jpg

This is how mine looked when it stripped out

Are you guys running the tactic transmitters with these? For sure need to go threw and reset the transmitter out of the box! The gears in the stock servo aren't bad but they are soft! I blew the stock servo up after probably four packs, but I was expecting it with how I was driving my truck. I changed out to just a cheap goteck servo from hobbyking and haven't had an issue since. I feel the stock servo can't handle back and forth movement at little to no speed, moving thou has way less strain on the servo and will help for sure

I checked my steering dual rate and it was maxed out...... so I guess O.E. Is what killed both stock servos. Straight FNG move ‍♂️

This outcast junk steering servo is so annoying !!! What a great truck and there has to be these little bad parts that are very important and everyone seems to be having the same problem .Arrma send us a new waterproof stronger servo that works as it should please ..

In the pic u posted the gears don’t even look to be stripped! Zero everything out and reset all settings, throttle trim and steering trim-endpoints.. savox 1256 or 1210 r both good and inexpensive options for replacement.. only buy one to replace the stock arrma lol! (In ur post u mentioned something about 2servos when there’s only one).. no idea what tower is talking about when they said “brain” but that’s just ridiculous! Servo’s r constructed of a motor and gears, the rx/tx would be the “brain” that tells the servo what to do! Those gears do look to be fine tho which leads me to believe that something else is ur problem! Is there a grinding-crunching sound coming from the servo? U would def kno from the sound if any gears r stripped.. it might be ur servo saver or something much more simple

In the pic u posted the gears don’t even look to be stripped! Zero everything out and reset all settings, throttle trim and steering trim-endpoints.. savox 1256 or 1210 r both good and inexpensive options for replacement.. only buy one to replace the stock arrma lol! (In ur post u mentioned something about 2servos when there’s only one).. no idea what tower is talking about when they said “brain” but that’s just ridiculous! Servo’s r constructed of a motor and gears, the rx/tx would be the “brain” that tells the servo what to do! Those gears do look to be fine tho which leads me to believe that something else is ur problem! Is there a grinding-crunching sound coming from the servo? U would def kno from the sound if any gears r stripped.. it might be ur servo saver or something much more simple
Thanks but that’s not my pic of the servo. The two servo I was talking about is the first servo when out and then tower replaced it and the replacement servo when out as well. Both stock Servos but I found my problem was steering dual rate was maxed out. FNG mistake lol. Replace is with a cheap $13 one from amazon works fine two battery packs no issue. Plus your right about the brain. I took apart one and the gears are striped out lol

The pic is mine and if you look at the main servo gear on the right side there are no teethat at all then look at the left guess I should have cleaned the grease out for the pic.

I wouldnt even bother with endpoints at all! Don't waste your time! Purchase a better servo because the arrma ones are JUNK! I had three go out with my kraton v1 and upgraded to a savox over 2 years ago and been great since. My friend purchased the kraton v2 and went thru two servos before he upgraded! Arrma makes great cars with great warranty that they honor but the stock servos are garbage! Get the replacement servo and leave it in the box were it should stay! Maybe use it on a slow moving boat and it wont strip bit i doubt it would survive that either! Happy bashing and good luck!

Did you need to add any spacers or did it drop right in the Outcast?

I purchased this one for $18 from Amazon for my Outcast and reused the spacers that come with the original servo, haven’t had the chance to bash it yet but will this weekend and will update the performance.

ANNIMOS 20KG Digital Servo High Torque Full Metal Gear Waterproof for RC Model DIY, DS3218MG,Control Angle 270° https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076CNKQX4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_rScMAbPCFB64E

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back