Big Rock Servo recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyLocal

Reaction score
I see many post referring/debating to either the DS3225 25kg servo or the DS3235 35kg servo.

Is one better/preferred in a stock Big Rock v3? Are both direct plug-n-play compatible or are further modifications or add ons needed versus the two?

Thank you

I see many post referring/debating to either the DS3225 25kg servo or the DS3235 35kg servo.

Is one better/preferred in a stock Big Rock v3? Are both direct plug-n-play compatible or are further modifications or add ons needed versus the two?

Thank you
Spend the few extra bucks on the 35kg servo. Servo torque is one of those things that is better to have and not need it than to need and not have it. The price delta is small enough to make the 35kg servo an easy choice. They're both plug-and-play drop in replacements. That's my take anyways.

Thank you
Both are standard size servos and will fit. I believe the 25kg is a bit faster, but he 35 kg is stronger. But mostly depends on the BEC voltage output of your ESC. The DS3235 will runs best on 7.4 volts . Maximum 35kg torque is spec'ed this way. Lower BEC volts makes it less stronger and slower. How all servos are.
I only run the DS3235's. Plenty fast enough and has grunt. For the price they both serve well enough.

Ok, looks like the 35kg servo and the 25T servo saver will be added to my list.

I see multiple branded 35kg servos. Any suggestions or link to a tried and true retailer? Also, do the Arrma 25T servo saver and Hot Racing servo saver do the same thing on a Big Rock? If so, which is preferred?

I limp down a slightly different path and run the s652 servo from the 6s line on my four, 3/4s cars. Works with the stock Servo saver and costs 19 bucks on Jenny’s. I bought a bunch of $2 steering assemblies at the same time and swap those out when steering suffers. In 18 months I haven’t had a s652 fail but swap out the steering assembly every couple months or so. Those bits and pieces warp and weaken fairly quickly.

I use the Arrma red 25t and it seems to work fine. No modifications needed.

Thanks Ya’ll!

Arrma 25T servo saver and Hot Racing servo saver do the same thing on a Big Rock? If so, which is preferred? I have the HR servo saver on my Kraton 6s but wasn’t sure if it was compatible on the Big Rock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back