Gorgon Servo trouble :-(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the-D-

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Vorteks
I got my Son and Daughter a Gorgon for Christmas, from day one my sons servo sounded fine as I manually turned the steering, but my daughters made no sound and seemed disconnected, no feel but seemed to work fine, or so I thought,....now it doesn't want to turn to the left fully and it makes a mechanical creaking sound. Is this another case of return to hobby shop? My Vorteks is still in there with a servo problem too, have to say, not having a great time with Arrma :confused:

Anyone had the same problem or have advice/solution?

Thanks

The stock servos are known to be…lacking. If under warranty, definitely return to LHS for a fix, and in the meantime consider researching an upgrade. For standard size servos, these are tough to beat for the money. Very reliable. They make stronger versions as well, but the 25kg will will be well up to the task in a Gorgon. And yo, don’t give up on Arrma! Welcome to the forum, sir!
https://www.amazon.com/ZOSKAY-Water...-3-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Last edited:
I got my Son and Daughter a Gorgon for Christmas, from day one my sons servo sounded fine as I manually turned the steering, but my daughters made no sound and seemed disconnected, no feel but seemed to work fine, or so I thought,....now it doesn't want to turn to the left fully and it makes a mechanical creaking sound. Is this another case of return to hobby shop? My Vorteks is still in there with a servo problem too, have to say, not having a great time with Arrma :confused:

Thanks
Solution buy a robot rc car servo on Amazon

The stock servos are known to be…lacking. If under warranty, definitely return to LHS for a fix, and in the meantime consider researching an upgrade. For standard size servos, these are tough to beat for the money. Very reliable. They make stronger versions as well, but the 25kg will will be well up to the task in a Gorgon. And yo, don’t give up on Arrma! Welcome to the forum, sir!
https://www.amazon.com/ZOSKAY-Waterproof-Standard-Digital-Control/dp/B07GLMDJQ7/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?crid=22AXLC9D0Z52U&keywords=Servo&qid=1704211616&sprefix=servo,aps,119&sr=8-3-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Thanks Dan, will take a look, though I didn't want to upgrade a brand new Christmas present, and I know a servo is a perishable item, but man, not out of the box lol
Solution buy a robot rc car servo on Amazon
Thanks Bash (y)
Same issue with new Gorgon see my post
I read your post Alex, My Daughters one came out of the box with that issue 🫤

Last edited:

Thanks
Replace it with all metal gear servo

Thanks Dan, will take a look, though I didn't want to upgrade a brand new Christmas present, and I know a servo is a perishable item, but man, not out of the box lol

Thanks Bash (y)

I read your post Alex, My Daughters one came out of the box with that issue 🫤
Received new Servo from Arma now just need to figure out how to replace looks like i need to remove some parts to take it out

20240104_170655.jpg

20240104_170628.jpg

20240104_170623.jpg

20240104_170213.jpg

Nearest hobby shop too far, Arma said they would take and fix but who knows how long thst will take, Gorgons surgery will be shceduled for this Saturday hope it goes well

Nearest hobby shop too far, Arma said they would take and fix but who knows how long thst will take, Gorgons surgery will be shceduled for this Saturday hope it goes well
Oh well, would be good if you could take some reference pics of the surgery, and indeed, hope it goes well, God speed little Gorgon, God speed 🙏🤣

https://www.amazon.com/ZOSKAY-Waterproof-Standard-Digital-Control/dp/B07GLMDJQ7/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?crid=22AXLC9D0Z52U&keywords=Servo&qid=1704211616&sprefix=servo,aps,119&sr=8-3-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Will a servo like the one you linked to be too powerful for the default servo horn/saver thingy that comes on the Gorgon? My steering just went out today and some of the teeth on the I tee Al gears are missing on the Spektrum S660 servo. Thanks. This is frustrating for sure. The s660 is expensive for what you get vs an aftermarket. But I don’t want to buy an after market servo and it destroys the default horn with spring in it type of deal. Hope that makes sense if you guys are familiar with the Gorgon.

+1
And most any RTR RC cars is the same when it comes to cheap servos they install. They are literally $3.00 servos. To keep a low price point for the consumer and higher bottom line for themselves. Is what it is. Why don't you fix the RC's yourself instead of relying on your LHS to do it. Unless they are willing to teach you at least one time. Instead of just blindly paying them. These are simple hobby grade toys meant for the user to fix them.
It doesn't even pay to get another free Servo under warranty. They will break again, and again.
Take @Dan B. 's advice.

Will a servo like the one you linked to be too powerful for the default servo horn/saver thingy that comes on the Gorgon? My steering just went out today and some of the teeth on the I tee Al gears are missing on the Spektrum S660 servo. Thanks. This is frustrating for sure. The s660 is expensive for what you get vs an aftermarket. But I don’t want to buy an after market servo and it destroys the default horn with spring in it type of deal. Hope that makes sense if you guys are familiar with the Gorgon.
I’m not familiar with the Gorgan specifically, but most servo savers are a little weak as they come on RTR’s. With the 6s line you can shim the spring or go to an aftermarket servo saver. I’d say run it as is with your replacement servo and see if you’re not getting too much slip.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back