Gorgon New servo whistling sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
The stock Gorgon servo gave out. Replaced with a Power HD 23kg one I had saved for a other rig that never got used. It is brand new. Put new servo saver as well cause it broke too. It's a PITA to change all that out. 6s is so much easier to work on. Anyway turned it on & the servo whistled. I set trim & endpoints all while it was whistling. Turned fine. Way faster & stronger. Turned it many times all whistling. Cycled the power & it went away. Cycled the wheels several times. Whistling was gone. Cycled power again. No whistle. Just the 1st cycle. Never had a servo do that. Always had great results from Power HD. Fluke? Normal? Thoughts?

The stock Gorgon servo gave out. Replaced with a Power HD 23kg one I had saved for a other rig that never got used. It is brand new. Put new servo saver as well cause it broke too. It's a PITA to change all that out. 6s is so much easier to work on. Anyway turned it on & the servo whistled. I set trim & endpoints all while it was whistling. Turned fine. Way faster & stronger. Turned it many times all whistling. Cycled the power & it went away. Cycled the wheels several times. Whistling was gone. Cycled power again. No whistle. Just the 1st cycle. Never had a servo do that. Always had great results from Power HD. Fluke? Normal? Thoughts?
I guess if it went away I'm good.

I guess if it went away I'm good.
I've never had luck with parts that started bad.... especially electronics. If it's at all returnable/replaceable without too much trouble I would go that route. The problem will probably show up again.

I feel guilty having to deal with Amazon because of my lack of a LHS but when things are wrong, I just order a new one and return the cruddy one they sent me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back