Setup for jumping XLWB 6s rigs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I converted my Fireteam to a Talion XL with Talion towers and shock shafts, but using Fireteam springs. I initially decreased the spring preload almost fully and set the droop at level in the front and slightly higher in the rear.
I really like this setup for high speed dirt bashing at my one good spot for that. Went to anothe spot with the small ramp I have just to do some simple smaller jumps and it really bottomed out pretty bad if I tried to hit it at anything more than half throttle.
What would be the easiest change to avoid bottoming out? Id like to hit the ramp with it and have an easy swap back to current setup.
My thoughts so far are:
- Move rear shock position on control arm in closer
- get Backflip MTs (Im running LPs)
- change spring preload in rear
- build a better ramp setup

Would one of those work or something else I'm missing?

I converted my Fireteam to a Talion XL with Talion towers and shock shafts, but using Fireteam springs. I initially decreased the spring preload almost fully and set the droop at level in the front and slightly higher in the rear.
I really like this setup for high speed dirt bashing at my one good spot for that. Went to anothe spot with the small ramp I have just to do some simple smaller jumps and it really bottomed out pretty bad if I tried to hit it at anything more than half throttle.
What would be the easiest change to avoid bottoming out? Id like to hit the ramp with it and have an easy swap back to current setup.
My thoughts so far are:
- Move rear shock position on control arm in closer
- get Backflip MTs (Im running LPs)
- change spring preload in rear
- build a better ramp setup

Would one of those work or something else I'm missing?
Start with just moving the bottom of the shock to the inner holes. See what happens.

I like the backflip MT idea. That's what I run on my talion XL and they're great. I can't even imagine running lps on that thing. Definitely will help with air control and a softer landing.

I'll start with the shock position since thats easy and quick to do. If that doesn't help, Im running 50f/60r, i have 70 could try that.
Backflip MTs are on my tire list, been buying too much stuff so might be a couple of weeks until I order.🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back