Senton Shock absorbing front bumper for the arrma Senton!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went through my parts bin and found in the Senton bumper bag the bumper support that keeps breaking, but it was a bit different, without the extra front brace that this part usually have.

Does anyone else have the part that looks like that?
IMG_4649.jpeg

Went through my parts bin and found in the Senton bumper bag the bumper support that keeps breaking, but it was a bit different, without the extra front brace that this part usually have.

Does anyone else have the part that looks like that?
View attachment 70365

Both of mine that broke had the brace in front. They must have done a change to try to help keep them from breaking but still doesn't seem to help. They break right where the front brace is now.

Old https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...Eq6pyEOOqOk1zW-zUaMFg2Q7lIFyr21waAmaBEALw_wcB

Current https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320405

Since my bumper broke (the other part of the front bumper brace) again after hitting a metal post (totally my fault) while I was in Lowes I picked up some Hillman #29 extension springs to try. I will probably end up buying the T-Bone bumper when it comes back in stock but right now I will work with what I got.

Attachments

• 20200317_185743.jpg
    20200317_185743.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 113
Mine held up through several runs with the zip ties but I just changed over to the granite bumper and skid and put on a typhoon body.
I still have a stock senton that will just be used for rc tracks and not bashing. Which will be used rarely unfortunately not many around.

As for the Tbone bumper, reviews I have seen is they break just as much and 2 to 3 times the cost. Besides I don't like how they look.

Come on can't anyone make a bumper that doesn't break doing 50MPH cartwheels or lawn darting into the ground. LOL

Mine held up through several runs with the zip ties but I just changed over to the granite bumper and skid and put on a typhoon body.
I still have a stock senton that will just be used for rc tracks and not bashing. Which will be used rarely unfortunately not many around.

As for the Tbone bumper, reviews I have seen is they break just as much and 2 to 3 times the cost. Besides I don't like how they look.

Come on can't anyone make a bumper that doesn't break doing 50MPH cartwheels or lawn darting into the ground. LOL
Do you have a pic of the Granite bumper fitted to the Senton? And does it require any modifying to get it to fit?

I have the T-Bone - I like the look, but haven't tested the durability yet...

Attachments

• IMG_20200316_235755.jpg
    IMG_20200316_235755.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20200316_235334.jpg
    IMG_20200316_235334.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 120
No pic but bumper will be behind body, I am not running senton body right now on my basher, switched to typhon.
I just mentioned the Granite bumper because I can't say how long my mod was going to hold up.
I would not use it for the senton, T bone or stock would be best.
With all the parts for both I could switch back to senton body and bumpers in less than 10 min.

One thing I can say is the T bone bumper should help keep some mud out when lawn darting. Might even have a better approach angle when hitting dirt mounds, the stock front skid is abrupt and causes tumbles.

I used rubber grommets for bumper supports on many trucks.

Started it many years ago with my t-maxx's:
2004-0702-SMaxxFrontLeft.JPG

After I hit a hidden hunk of concrete buried in the grass:
2004-0906-SMaxx-BentSkid02.jpg

The bumper/skid was RC Solutions spring steel. Very hard to drill, but I'd hollow out the narrow end of rubber plug with a dremel/cutting bit (buy them at lowes/menards in the "science project" drawer area with specialty fasteners). Then I'd drill a hole and put a washer/bolt through them and mount it to the bulkhead brace.

Had to stack a couple of them up on my aftershock and savage's.

Looks dumb, but absorbs harsh impact while being durable and keeps the stock parts from bending so far that they break.

Nice! I was able to grab a Blue one while they were in stock.

The rear bumper - I like how the stock on re-enforces the body corners.

Have you had problems landing on the corner of the back and breaking the body? I've already done the fiber tape and silicon route.

No, I've only taken it out a couple of times and haven't jumped it much. No issues with the body so far.

What's the point of the side "handle" type things on the chassis between the wheels?

My dusty motors cover didn't fit great with them on, so I removed them both.

Ok, so as long as I don't wrap it around a tree or pole I should be OK then, as the wheels stick out, so it's only if something goes between them.

Right. However I would recommend doing the body + fiber tape + silicon sealant to really stiffen the body up. Costs about $12 in materials and makes the body super durable.

What do you do with the silicon sealant?

I've seen people line the body with fiber tape. Does duct tape work?

The fiber tape doesn't stretch. It holds the body together, but still flexible but won't stretch. You line the body with the fiber tape, then coat the fibertape/inside of body with silicon sealant(or ShooGoo).

Duct tape will not work, and will leave a nasty residue if you ever try to remove it. It's slightly acidic which is why you never put it on surfaces you want to last.

around the 5 min mark.

He is using a wooden applicator, that will take some time. I would use gloves and get your hands in there. I could post a pic of Senton 3S with this reinforcement if you need help.

lol but why all that tinkering? and why not just buy a bone bumper ??
WHY, I don't know, Maybe then the post would end and nobody would have anything to post about.
The fiber tape doesn't stretch. It holds the body together, but still flexible but won't stretch. You line the body with the fiber tape, then coat the fibertape/inside of body with silicon sealant(or ShooGoo).

Duct tape will not work, and will leave a nasty residue if you ever try to remove it. It's slightly acidic which is why you never put it on surfaces you want to last.

around the 5 min mark.

He is using a wooden applicator, that will take some time. I would use gloves and get your hands in there. I could post a pic of Senton 3S with this reinforcement if you need help.
Very interesting watson

Experiences with the tbone bumper don't sound too great. So it's about finding a more permanent solution. Plus a lot of us like tinkering :D
The Tbone bumper kit has changed since that thread. The issue with the hinge pin plate falling out has been solved by a metal bracket.

I'm not sure the Tbone bumper is much stronger than stock, but you get free replacements...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back