Notorious SHOCK BALL 3X6.8X6.3MM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matschik2023

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to install the component: SHOCK BALL 3X6.8X6.3MM ARRMA #ARAC8914. I assumed that it would be replaced at the bottom of the respective damper. But now I noticed that the original plastic part has an outside diameter of 1mm less than the metal part. and is therefore more difficult to move. Is that possible, or does the part not belong there?

Greetings - Martin

20231010_163139.jpg

20231010_163212.jpg

20231010_163300.jpg

Hello, I wanted to install the component: SHOCK BALL 3X6.8X6.3MM ARRMA #ARAC8914. I assumed that it would be replaced at the bottom of the respective damper. But now I noticed that the original plastic part has an outside diameter of 1mm less than the metal part. and is therefore more difficult to move. Is that possible, or does the part not belong there?

Greetings - Martin

View attachment 326108

View attachment 326109

View attachment 326110
I dint think its the right ball. Is the ball very hard to move?

That's the old shock balls they are larger in diameter and width than the new ones they won't even fit in the a arms if you have a current V5 model. Arrma does not make any metal balls that fit the current shock rod ends and a arms there are some Team Associated ones that fit but I can't remember the part number.

That's the old shock balls they are larger in diameter and width than the new ones they won't even fit in the a arms if you have a current V5 model. Arrma does not make any metal balls that fit the current shock rod ends and a arms there are some Team Associated ones that fit but I can't remember the part number.
Ok,I can try it for a long time😆 Many Thanks for the Unser!!
Yes I have the V5 Version. Not bad, the costs for the component are kept within limits

Ok,I can try it for a long time😆 Many Thanks for the Unser!!

Yes I have the V5 Version. Not bad, the costs for the component are kept within limits
I too found this out the hard way when I tried to put my metal Tekno balls on the shock rod ends.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back